a flower & flower & flower

spring may come
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Tuesday comes by in the blink of an eye. Minho dons a modest outfit for the meeting; a lime green jacket, a white tee, and a pair of slacks. Of course, an apron and a sling bag to complete the look.

 

(Jinwoo still questions his fashion till today, "Why apron?" But hey, he needs a lot of pockets for his art supplies. It is not him Jinwoo should be questioning. Jinwoo should be questioning the art suppliers instead.)

 

The meeting was arranged at the warehouse where Minho stores his paintings and projects. Apparently, Seungyoon and his team need to see his work to plan the placement. To learn the value, the priority, even the mood of the painting.

 

Minho is sipping on his iced Americano when Seungyoon arrives, accompanied by—oh, wow, Hana. He almost gets choked on his coffee, pleasantly surprised.

 

Cute pigtail, a duck school bag, dark blue skirt, and a pair of adorable black shoes.

 

Beautiful. Minho's Alpha melts into a puddle of goo.

 

"Thank you for coming this far," Jinwoo greets Seungyoon, with a handshake.

 

"It's alright. I like the neighbourhood. It's calming." Seungyoon looks around. A soft smile graces his face.

 

That Minho agrees. Far from the city, the neighbourhood is surrounded by warm people. Endless paddy fields. Earthy ground. Natural scent in the breeze. An odd choice to store his art projects but his uncle, Soegun-samchon, lives nearby. Minho trusts no one but him to keep his paintings safe.

 

"Shall we?" Jinwoo opens the door, unlocked by Minho's uncle prior.

 

Once inside, their noses get hit by the mixture smell of turpentine, acrylic and more. Minho switches on the light even though it's bright out. Instantly, the room is bathed in light.

 

Across the wall are painting racks, where his works are stored vertically. While the rest of the room is filled with sculptures, covered in white clothes. Not much dust in the air. Means the place had been clean. Minho smiles, satisfied. He knows he can trust his uncle to keep his paintings safe.

 

Seungyoon seems impressed by it. Minho's Alpha purrs, pleased.

 

"Which pieces are you planning to feature in the exhibitions?" Seungyoon asks.

 

"19 paintings and 5 sculptures," Jinwoo answers. Then heads to the painting rack. "Number... 24, 24, 24—wait, it's the combination of 3 canvases. Where..."

 

"Hyung, over here." Calling from the other side of the room, Minho stands next to a huge piece, covered in long cloth. His words gather the attention, and they crowd around him. 

 

Minho passes his drink to Jinwoo, then pulls the cloth, revealing 3 huge paintings underneath.

 

Split panel canvas. Of a dragon. Red dominates the painting while the small details are accentuated by gold. Floating in the blue heavens, with a hint of pink and purple clouds. Eyes blazing anger, mouth spitting fire.

 

Personifying wrath. 

 

"Wow," Seungyoon gasps, impressed. Minho feels pride bloom in his chest. Seungyoon says, "This... wow."

 

"This painting will be the main feature," Jinwoo says. "As you can see, it's going to require a large space..."

 

While Jinwoo is explaining the painting to Seungyoon, Minho sneaks up on the little girl. He taps on her shoulder and hunkers down.

 

"Hello," Minho whispers.

 

She just looks up and down.

 

"Do you like the painting?"

 

Hana shakes her head.

 

Ow, that hurts. There goes his

Please log in to read the full chapter