a flower & flower & flower & flower

spring may come
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

The futsal centre is thronged with players. From newbies to professionals. Jinwoo heads for the bench where his team has been waiting for him. He greets Eric first, with the secret handshake Eric invented two months ago.

 

Kinda childish, but hey, Eric is cool. Jinwoo doesn't mind entertaining his antics. Then he takes a seat to change his shoes after a nod at their goalkeeper, Don Spike.

 

"We've got a team to play against today?" Jinwoo asks.

 

"Yea. Lalalay," Eric replies, hands akimbo.

 

"What the is Lalalay?"

 

"How the I know?"

 

Well, okay. Never mind. Jinwoo can ignore the ridiculous name. "Which one?"

 

"The orange jackets," Eric jerks his chin forward.

 

Jinwoo's eyes follow the gesture. Then catches the orange team crowding at the opposite bench. Oh, wow. Fine builts, impressive heights.  Standing tall like they own the place. Quite boisterous too, bursting out laughter from time to time. Among them, one person stands out the most—

 

Oh. Pink. Beneath that black cap is cotton-candy hair. The fiery Omega. Jinwoo's Alpha rises from his slumber, intrigued.

 

Flamboyant. Flitting side to side. Body shaking with laughter as he entertains his teammate's inside jokes. The Omega—no, Lee Seunghoon is fascinating.

 

"Jinwoo, go and warm yourself up. The game starts in 30 minutes," Taewon-hyung reminds him.

 

Huffing out a breath, Jinwoo pushes himself to his feet. Then he starts jogging at a slow pace, eyes never leaving Lee Seunghoon.


 

...


 

Turns out Lee Seunghoon is a menace. Despite his secondary gender, his athletic abilities are no joke. Sure, there's a touch of amateur in his skills. But Lee Seunghoon makes sure to follow the ball at every chance he gets. Never stops chasing. Never stops laughing, either.

 

A ball of sunshine.

 

"Left, left, left!!!" Jinwoo calls. Eric passes the ball across the court to him. Jinwoo takes control of the ball then stops.

 

Stops because hah, Lee Seunghoon is in front of him. With a smirk. Eyes on him.

 

With an arched brow, Jinwoo feints the ball to the right. Lee Seunghoon stays still. Gaze piercing. So, Jinwoo pulls the ball back to the left, dribbling side to side to confuse him, pivoting on his heel in his attempt to lose himself from Lee Seunghoon.

 

Aha, it works. Jinwoo makes to kick the ball—

 

A leg suddenly sweeps underneath him. , —Jinwoo's eyes widen, and he hops out of pure reflex. Before he knows it, the ball gets stolen from him, and Lee Seunghoon sprints with it, laughter trailing behind him.  Jinwoo frantically catches after him, but Lee Seunghoon is faster to pass the ball to his teammate, far at the front, just to have the opponent score a goal, much to Jinwoo's dismay.

Please log in to read the full chapter