a flower

spring may come
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Everyone has their first love. Their first broken heart. It's only a matter of time. 

 

As for Song Minho, it happens when he's nineteen. Young and clueless of what the future holds him. Giddy from happiness, so in love with his Omega, only to be left in despair on his graduation day.

 

No goodbyes. No notes. Just an empty house, filled with memories of a time gone.

 

Minho stares out of the window. Numb. His Alpha howls inside of him, asking for its mate. Distress. Forlorn. Cold. Quiet. Only the wind chime tinkles in the breeze.

 

And the echo of happy laughter.


 

...


 

"Minho, the meeting is at—for 's sake," Kim Jinwoo curses upon entering the dimly lit studio, with a fail in his hand.

 

On a long bench behind the bamboo plant is a lump of a stained blanket. Jinwoo has no doubt Minho is sleeping underneath it. Probably another all-nighter, struck by inspiration in the middle of the night.

 

Working as a manager of an artist is hard work. Paid well, yes, but dealing with Song Minho can be exhausting from time to time. Jinwoo heaves a sigh.

 

Cautiously, Jinwoo tiptoes around the unfinished projects littered on the floor; paintings, sculptures, even paints and brushes. Loud snores—yea, dead to the world. Jinwoo taps somewhere he suspects Minho's head would be.

 

"Wake up, you have a meeting in two hours."

 

More snores.

 

"Hey—" Annoyed, Jinwoo tugs down the blanket. Then sees Minho's face.

 

Dark circles, gaunt cheeks, pale lips, messy black hair; signs of a taxing rut. 

 

Sure Minho had his rut 3 days ago, but recovery is never easy on him. Always takes time to get back to normal. Slower compared to other Alphas. Compared to Jinwoo, who is an Alpha himself.

 

Doctors haven't found the cause. Too many possibilities, with no concrete answer. Minho stopped looking after the seventh appointment, too tired to care. He's not a fan of hospitals and clinics after all. 

 

The solution? Supplements and ginseng, which then pile up high in the corner, a box on box.

 

"Hey, Minho, wake up," Jinwoo tries again. Gentler this time. "C'mon, you have a meeting today. It's your exhibition."

 

A sleepy humming, followed by a frown. Minho attempts to hide his face in his elbow, but Jinwoo is faster to tap his cheek. The frown deepens.

 

To some, it's cute. To Jinwoo, it's bothersome. "Hey, c'mon, Minho."

 

Finally, an eye cracks open. Jinwoo nudges the shoulder, and Minho stretches the kink out of his body, exhausted still. A yawn escapes him, so wide Minho almost falls from the bench.

 

Would have if Jinwoo hadn't stopped him.

 

"Get up. Wash up. We have a meeting in an hour." Jinwoo sits him up.

 

Minho tugs at the blanket around him, yawning. "...What time is it?"

 

"Almost two." Jinwoo goes to the corner, pawing through the boxes for supplements. B-Vitamin Complex, Magnesium Bisglycinate; things to boost Minho's recovery. He hands them over to Minho.

 

"Do I have to go?" Minho whines. Then downs the supplements, no water required, with ease. The blan

Please log in to read the full chapter