IV. Sooyoung

stuck with you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Park Sooyoung

 

Joy could still recall the first moment she met her two dumb and dense best friends. With Seungwan, she became the girl’s neighbor when her family moved into their neighborhood several years ago while with Joohyun, she met the older through Seungwan, of course.

 

While Seungwan showered her with lots of love and affection, she really could not say the same thing to the other. One day,  Joy finally noticed that Joohyun would always throw glares and sound of disgust on the sidelines whenever Seungwan was doting on her or when she was being touchy with the blonde.

 

At one point, she intentionally sat on the blonde’s lap during one of their movie nights in Seungwan’s home just to piss off the older (well, it was her fault since Joohyun just broadcasted to the neighborhood that she once fell in a manhole while going to the school). Fortunately, Seungwan paid no mind and just shrugged at her action, seeing no malice or whatsoever. However, true enough, Joohyun was grumbling to herself all night and was even subtly throwing popcorns at her.

 

When Seungwan finally noticed the older's quietness during the middle of the movie, Joy saw how her Seungwan unnie discreetly reached for Joohyun’s right hand and intertwined it with hers. Joy witnessed how the frown on Joohyun’s face immediately blossomed into a beaming smile and there was even a faint blush on her cheeks. Joy felt marvelous. She  felt like she was in some sort of a love-triangle drama. It was truly a fun experience.

 

But Joy tried.

 

 She really did. She locked them up in her own room for a night just to see what would happen. She even threatened that they would not be able to get out if they won’t say anything to say to each other what they’ve been hiding for years now.  But the next day, she learned that the two just played Jenga all night.

 

 They were HOPELESS.

 

Her two dumb friends were just seriously hopeless or just didn’t want to admit to themselves the truth. Either way, Joy just decided to let them be and just prayed to the heavens that there would come a time where her two friends would have the guts to confess to each other.

 

 But it seemed like God had other plans because several years later after being friends with the two…

 

… Joohyun and Seungwan were still just B.E.S.T. F.R.I.E.N.D.S.

 

Ugh!

 

 

Joohyun and Seungwan visited their favorite café after their classes ended for the day. As usual, they shared to each other a run-down of what happened to their day while catching up on some of their course works. Today was supposed to be like any other day for Seungwan but she did not expect what Joohyun revealed. She almost choked on her iced coffee.

 

“Someone asked you out?” Seungwan blurted as she set her coffee on the table abruptly.

 

“Yeah,”

 

Seungwan raised her eyebrow at that, “Who?”

 

Joohyun continued to stare at her laptop as she replied nonchalantly, “Just someone from my business class.”
 

“What’s his name?”

 

“Park Bogum,”

 

Seungwan couldn’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter