002

In Between
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

There were times when I felt and knew things were different - because I am not that oblivious to everything happening around me. I used to be able to wear any of Ten's clothes whenever I want to - mostly because I almost literally lived together with him. In recent years, we were utterly inseparable - whenever I went home, Ten would come over to stay. Whenever Ten went home - I would go over to stay. We'd already become so accustomed to each other that not having one another around felt weird.

We knew college would separate us somehow - but I guess we both tried very hard not to we both knew it was a nagging thought at the back of our heads, but u guessed it, we just tried to push it away as much as possible. We picked subjects which were still in the same faculty and chose to live in the same dormitory so that regardless of whatever that happened - we're not that far away from one another.

There was one day Ten was packing in his room, and I was as usual - lazing on his bed and watching random videos while waiting for Ten to pack - after he is done, we would go over to my place and help me pack. Yes, I was supposed to HELP him, but my lazy would always get away with things like that and Ten would nag at me for the first 10 mins then he'll just let me go. I was only in my undies and wearing his huge shirt which covered my nicely and I never bothered much covering up. Since we grew up together ; it wouldn't be a problem right...? I stretched in his bed and the shirt stretched upwards until it exposed the lower half of my body up till my belly while I continue to watch videos on my phone and giggled hysterically at the cat that failed jumping across from the edge of the roof to the fence.

I screamed when my face was suddenly covered with the blanket and I started kicking with all my might afraid that it might be another suffocating attack from Ten. But to my surprise, it was still spacious under the blanket. I could tell Ten's limbs were spread above me, covering me perfectly underneath it. I could hear him sighing loudly and breathing heavily, as he whispered almost dangerously, "Could u have some dignity and wear some pants... Please?"

I still immediately picking up on his words, and there was a tension in the air that didn't had it before. It was so quiet and the air felt so still. "You're a girl afterall..." He continued, before I felt the weight holding the blanket down being lifted and I heard the door closing.

I sat up and pulled the blanket down to find me alone in the room. I didn't know what to do, but I knew something was different. It was awkward and scary even - I don't know how to explain it, but I was frightened for a moment, because it did felt like Ten might have pounced on me earlier without the blanket in between us. I quickly snapped out of it and grab a pants amongst the stack of clothes I left in his wardrobe over time.

Ten came back with chocolate milk in his hands and he came up to me and pass it to me without looking at me in the eyes and continued packing. 

I went to his chair and sat on it while I drank the milk quietly and watched him. Somehow feeling guilty for something I didn't know what I did wrong.

Ten lifted his head to give me a look between his long black fringe. In his eyes I saw tension slipping from it and turning into the tender eyes he'd always look at me with as his mouth turned down on one side. "Are you finally going to be of help?" he rested another hand on his waist even though he was sitting in on the floor in front of the luggage sprawled across his room. "Ah yes!!" I stood up excitedly and started following the instruction he gave while I moved.

That was the first sign and I didn't know - or rather I think I chose not to admit.

Ten and I helped each other unpack in our individual dormitory. We were both sharing rooms with someone else we're not acquainted with but we both hoped terribly it would be someone nice. 

Ten was at my dormitory unpacking and also packing and arranging my items on my behalf. He was only allowed to come in the female dormitory today because it was during the moving period. 

"You really need to keep your things to your side of the room, okay!"

I scowled "Oh Ten, stop it, you're acting like my mom. I don't need another one!"

"That's because you're untidy, unkept and extremely dirty! You don't even wash your cup daily!" He rebuked.

I rolled my eyes "That's because I know you will wash for me, I didn't have to!"

"Well now u don't have me, I can't come in everyday to help you wash your cups and do your laundry!"

I turned around in shock as I held onto the bras I was unpacking, "What?! No doing laundry together? I mean, we can always meet in the laundry room and do laundry together!"

Ten lifted an eyebrow and pointed to the bras in my hands "Ain't gonna wash those for u." He folded his arms and pout proudly. 

I waddled over and clung onto him with the bras still hanging on my arms "Awww come on, u just have to throw them into the washing machine and push the wash button!"

Ten eyes became more piercing as he ignored me while he turned to continue tidying my table. "I don't see why u can't do that on your own too. You have hands woman, your arms aren't broken!"

I continued whining when the door suddenly swing open. 

Ten and I froze and snapped our heads towards the door to find a tall slim girl standing with a black suitcase with her parents standing behind her. 

She was equally shock to see the state we were in - Me with my bras hanging all over while clinging onto Ten.

"Uh, I could come back in abit!" She pulled the door close before her parents could stick their head in.

Ten look down at me and smirked "Nice first impression. Now she'll think we're both crazy. But that's fine, I'm not the one living with her for the entire year". He cheerfully went back to unpacking my books.

"Ohh, nooooo nono no!" I threw my bras in my cupboard and ran to open the door again to find the family rustling with their items.

"HI!! I am so sorry, it's fine, we're just unpacking!" I said with the brightest smile in the world as I held the door open for them to enter.

I greeted her parents and they smiled back warmly.

"Sorry, but I took that side of the room, I really hope you don't mind - we could switch if you want to!" I said as I scratch the back of my head.

She smile back at me after moving her things in, "Oh no it's fine, I'm okay with either side - this side looks really cozy anyway, thanks for keeping it for me."

I brightened at how nice she was, and I moved forward to shake her hand as I introduced myself, "Hi, nice to meet you, your name is?"

 She took my hand in hers and looked at me sincerely "Rae In, you can call me Rae!" 

I smiled feeling the earnestness in her voice. "Let's be great room mates, Rae!"

She smiled brightly and nodded. 

I had a really good feeling about this - I told myself. "Oh before I forget ; This is Ten, he's my best friend!" I pulled her over to Ten as he turned around upon hearing his name.

Ten put down the things in his hands and turn to hold his hand out for a handshake too, "Hi, I'm Ten. Hope you don't mind this little mess, I apologise in advance for all the mess she'll make - I promise to come by as often as I could to clean up!" He beamed.

She giggled and took his hand, "No worries, I'll be seeing you around then!"

I huffed and jumped at Ten before I turn around to chat with her parents who started unpacking too. 

When we're done, we went over to Ten's side. And to our surprise, Ten's room mate was already unpacking. We open the door while laughing at a joke Ten made and we were caught by surprise. He was standing by his desk and sorting the papers when we entered without a knock, and everyone stood frozen.

He had big eyes and strong features standing out. He was roughly the same height as Ten, and he seemed as thin as Ten. He had feiry red hair which was styled messily but looked so attractive at the same time. He had a few ear piercing which all held different types of earrings and he was dressed in a loose shirt and black jeans with several different accessories hanging on his body which were styled differently. It looked really well put together.

Ten's body blocked me from entering and he spoke up first after the strange staring session. "Hi, I'm Ten, I guess I'm your room mate, if you still need time to unpack I could come back later, sorry for interrupting like that."

The boy reacted really nicely even though he had such fierce looking features, "Oh hi" he reached his hand out to Ten as he moved towards us. "I am Taeyong, no don't worry I was expecting you anyway, I'm almost done, please come in, it's your room too!" He smiled warmly and I was so surprised he has such a warm vibe to him. He looked at me and I picked his curiosity. His hand gestured to me and he asked," Uhm, this is? "

Ten turned to me and grab my head under his arms as he dragged me towards Taeyong. "Oh this is my maid, say hi!"

"Ouchh! MAID??!!" I unlock his head grip and stared at him for a moment before I moved forward to introduced myself in my messy state. "Nice to meet you Taeyong, I'm no maid of his, he's MY maid and best friend." I smiled and turned back to scowl at Ten who's beaming like the sun behind me. Taeyong laughed while Ten and I continue to bickering as we helped Ten to unpack. Once Taeyong is done, he joined us as he really didn't mind at all. He's really nice just looking at how he quickly adapted to Ten and I, I only hoped he wouldn't find my presence a nuisance as time passes. 

"Do you have other friends on campus?" Ten asked casually while unpacking his clothes into the wardrobe. 

"Hmmm, not really. My friends all went different schools, so I'm the only one here." Taeyong replied with a slight pout in his lips. 

"Hey, then let's hang out together! We have a few friends here on campus, I'm sure it'll be fun!" I perked up from unwrapping some of the glass wares Ten brought with him. Wait, who the hell brings glass wares to school! 

"Ten did u just pack a glass pot and some cups to school?!" I scolded holding up the clear glass tea pot that Ten brought. 

"You know I can't live without tea. Stop being a nuisance, if you hang out with us, you'll see her around a lot, I apologise in advance if she's ever a disturbance - wait, she already is, I'm so sorry." Ten bowed at Taeyong while I used the opportunity to jump at him as he lower his body and tackle him to the ground.  He grunted and we tosses and turn on the floor trying to head lock and doing hand grips at each other. 

Taeyong burst into laughter and he struggled to speak looking at how silly we are." You two...are like Tom and Jerry!" He continued laughing heartily and with that, Ten and I stopped our hustle and the smiles pick up on our lips too as we look at him rolling on the floor, we look at each other and then back at him. "Sure, I'd love to, thank you for accepting me" He managed to composed himself before he beamed at us warmly. 

And that was how Taeyong joined our group. 

He wasn't difficult at all, and the rest were too shock at another handsome boy popping up out of nowhere and joining us like we've known each other for years. He and Ten bonded over music and drawings. Because they were both enrolled into fine arts, they had everything to talk about and to muse into. I was happy that Ten found another great buddy - I mean he already HAVE me, but another boy would always be better. Knowing that they lived together too, puts me at ease. It'll keep Ten away from his dark thoughts too. 

Rae In eventually joined our clique after we found out we were enrolled into the same course too - maybe it was the arrangement of the school so that it'll be easier for us to accustomed to each other's schedule for remind one another for assignments and exams. She turned out to be a great person too, she's pretty, kind, slim and tall. She's cute too, and had a boyish nature like me. Ex

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter