The Last Song

The Last Song

 

Jiyong's pov

My days fill with so much happiness. It's been a month. Coming to the hospital every morning, going back home after Sohee closes her eyes, I never get tired. If. I have to do this forever, I swear, I would.

Today is June 27, Sohee's 17 birthday.

"Why you do you come late? It's already 10 am. You're usually besides me when I wake up" Sohee looks upset when I enter her room.

"I'm Sorry, Sohee. I have to prepare something" I hold her hand.

"What?" She asks curiously.

"Come out, guys!" I yell.

"Happy Birthday Sohee!!!!" Sunmi, Nickhun, and Seungri run into the room. They hold a birthday cake and some presents.

"Soheeyaaa saranghaeee!" Sunmi gets overexcited and hugs Sohee so tight.

"Thank you, my sunmi! I love you more! But please let me breathe!!" Sohee laughs.

"Happy birthday, sohee! You're 17 now! You're a woman now!" Nickhun pats her head and smiles widely. He gives a big size teddy bear.

"Omooo! This is very cute. Kamsahamnida!" Sohee puts the teddy bear besides her.

"Seungri it's your turn!" Sunmi smiles excitedly to Seungri.

"Ohh it's my turn! Sohee happy birthday. This is my present, I made this birthday cake with Sunmi!" Seungri gives the cake to sohee shyly.

"Ohhh, a love cake made by you two? Ehm" Sohee coughs and holds her laugh.

"What do you mean by love cake?" Sunmi pouts while blushing.

"Aishh sunmi is acting as if she didn't know!" Nickhun slaps sunmi's shoulder.

"Hey don't slap her like that!" Seungri hits Nickhun while blushing.

Everyone laughs.

"You! Where's the present for me?" Sohee points her finger to me while giving me her puppy eyes.

"Close you eyes first" I put her hand on her eyes.

"Tsk... It's like in a movie" sohee pouts.

"Wait a minute, please. Don't cheat.." I give a sign to them to keep quiet.

"1..2..3... Open your eyes!"

Sohee opens her eyes slowly. Her excited smile turns into a very surprise expression when she looks at the two people coming towards her. Her eyes get teary.

"Eomma... Appa..." Sohee covers with her hand.

"No matter how much you may hate us, we love you Sohee. Forgive us" Mr and Mrs.Ahn hug Sohee.

"Aniyeo.. Eomma, Appa, I've been missing you. I've been missing the moment when you two took me to the hospital. You're now with me, I'm so happy. Don't go..." sohee cries.

"We won't, darling..." Mr. Ahn kisses her forehead.

"Jiyong... This is the best. Thank you" sohee glances at me and smiles.

~~~

"I want you to sit on the bed with me" Sohee begs. Usually, I always sit on the chair besides her bed.

"Why?" I raise my eyebrow.

"I don't know. Just really wanna be so close with you" sohee sticks her tongue. That's her cutest expression I've ever seen!

"Never mind!" I smile and sit on her bed.

"You know, I thought I would not be able to celebrate my 17th birthday" Sohee leans on my shoulder while drawing on my lap.

"Why? You're 17 now" I pinch her cheek, then link my hand on her waist.

"I don't know. I thought I would have gone before that" she whispers while continuing her drawing.

"Ssshh... Stop talking like that!" I get my face closer to her, and just spontanly kiss her cheek. Sohee is surprised and suddenly turns her face.

"I'm sorry... I didn't mean to..." I'm afraid that sohee will get uncomfortable by my sudden kiss. But she doesn't say anything.

"Look! This you and me, in our wedding day. My hair is long here. You said I'm prettier with my long hair, right?" She shows off her draing excitedly.

God, I feel like my heart will stop beating. Can it be true? Can it really happen to us? My words stuck in my throat.

"This is beautiful, Sohee... And you're always pretty. Long hair, short hair, I never care..." I look at her while trying so hard not to drop my tears. I have been a very easily cry man now.

Suddenly, sohee moves her face closer to my face. She whispers right besides my ears. That voice, that beautiful voice that I've been waiting for comes out.

 

You'd always ask me

How come you never say i love you

Do you really love me

But you know

I wanted something more sweeter

I want to confess to you

Just like those lovers

From movies so that you won't forget

 

Sohee stops and takes a deep breath.

"I'm nervous"... She holds my hand.

"Go ahead..." I push her her head to my ears softly.

 

I've waited for the white snow

I'll confess to you now

The words I've held back

 

I love you

Your smile brighter than the sunset

Your two hands that embraced me

I love you , i love you

I promise

That i will never leave you

I will always tell it to you

Face to face

 

You ask me what's to hesitate about

Is it that hard

I want to hear what you got to say

But you know

I wanted something more special

I wanted a special day that i can always remember

I've wanted for the white snow

I'll confess to you now

The words I held back

 

I love you

Your smile brighter than the sunset

Your two hands that embraced me

I love you , i love you

I promise

That i will never leave you

I will always tell it to you

Face to face

 

I don't want to separate with you

Not even a single moment

When i lean on you

I hope the time will stop

I love you~

I love you

Your smile brighter than the sunset

Your two hands that embraced me

I love you , i love you

I promise

That i will never leave you

I will always tell it to you

Face to face

Loving you, loving you

I love you, i love you

 

I feel like flying. Listening to her beautiful and soft voice right besides my ears, saying I love you, the song that she sings in front of me for the first time.

Sohee sheds her tears and looks at my face.

"I sing... I finally sing for you..."  She hugs me and sobs.

"I love you.... I really love you.  That was beautiful" I can't hold my tears either.

Sohee lifts her body and faces me. She holds my face with her soft hand.

"Jiyong, do you want to be my boyfriend?" She asks me while trying to stop her tears.

"Why do you say like that? I've told you that you're my girl, right?" I wipe her tears.

"But I haven't said yes. Now I'm asking you. You want to be my boyfriend, don't you?" She asks once more.

"Of course, Sohee... " I kiss her forehead, this time, without any hesitation.

"I have a boyfriend now. My first and my last, of course" sohee smiles and leans back on my chest.

She doesn't stop looking at me. She moves her face forward, closer and closer to mine.

Slowly I move my face too, and finally my lip touch hers. Sohee closes her eyes, she holds my face so tight. I can't stop, I just want to kiss her all the night. My kiss gets deeper and deeper as I put my arm around her. I can't explain how it feels.

Feeling tired of so many things happened today, Sohee takes a deep breath and lies on the bed, while I'm back to my previous position, sitting in the chair.

"We will never break up... Because I'll be your girlfriend forever" she closes her eyes and holds my hand.

"Good Night, Sohee...." I kiss her forehead once more as she sleeps.