The Last Song

The Last Song

Sohee's POV

 

I feel really unwell. This must be the impact of the teraphy I just got.

"Huftt..." I sigh, closing my eyes.

"We're at the park already, miss. You want to go out?" My driver turns his head and smiles.

Should I walk out? I'm feeling so bad. But I'm not the person who will break a promise.

"Yes, ahjussi. Please just wait, it won't take a long time" I smile and heavily walk outside.

I cross the road. Then, I can see a boy is sitting on the seat under the big tree. Oh My, why should he look so... What is it? Okay, just let's say... Handsome.

Yeah, I must be crazy for totally ignoring him, when all the girls at school were crazy about Kwon Jiyong, a very handsome musician.

"Hey Ahn Sohee!" I am surprised when he shouts my name all of sudden, so loudly, till people around me turn their heads too.

Aishh what is he doing? Babo!

His cheerful face turns so plain when I don't even reply him.

"You're 15 minutes late!" He pouts.

"Sorry... I just got back from a friend's place" I lie and just sit besides him, but keep a distant of course.

"A Friend? You only have 2 friends. Sunmi and Nickhun" jiyong chuckles.

Honestly, I don't like him talking like that. But that's true, I only have 2 friends in my life, Nickhun and Sunmi. Who else would be a friend of a very weird girl like me?

"So what?" I roll my eyes.

"I think you need more friends. I'll be happy to be your friend.." He smiles widely.

"Oh no... I meant, your boyfriend" he teases me.

Urgh. He really likes to make me feel uncomfortable.

"Bringing that topic again? I'm leaving!" I immediately stand up. Of course he will ask me not to go, right? But...

"Just leave if you want to!" Said Jiyong.

What? You will let me go? Oh seriously, kwon jiyong!!!

"Fine!" I stand up and walk angrily.

"Kkk wait wait I'm kidding! You're just so cute when you're angry!" Jiyong laughs and grabs my hand to be back on the seat.

"That's not funny!" I slap his hand.

"Yahh! It hurts! But that's true, you're cute..." He smiles.

I don't know what I'm thinking but something I am sure of is my cheeks must have turned red now.

"But honestly, you're cuter with your long hair, Sohee!" He looke at my hair. A black hair that fell only to my shoulder.

I love my long hair too. And it's not that I want to cut it. But I have to let it go if I still want to survive.

"Well, why don't you just tell me what you want to talk?" I change the topic as I feel my head become heavier.

My eyes grow widden when I see him taking a guitar besides him.

What would he do? Oh jiyong, please don't tell me you're gonna do that again.

"Sing!" He winks at me.

I am freezed.

"Go ahead!" Jiyong hold my hand. I slowly take my hand back.

"No..." I shake my head and throw my face from him.

I thought he would beg again. But suddenly we are just trapped in silence.

I take a look at his face, and I'm scared to see that facial expression. He is always hyperactive in front of me. I hate that. But it is awkward to see him just quiet. Sometimes, I don't realize that there's happiness in my heart when he tries to steal my attention.

"You know why I asked to meet you?" He starts the conversation after several minutes of silence.

I shake my head.

"But I'm sure you know that I fell in love to you, don't you?".

Yes, I do. He has said that a year ago.

I once again don't talk. I don't know what to say.

"You know? I used to really want you to be my girl. But today, I'm not going to ask you to be it because I know you wouldn't" he looks at me deeply.

He's right, I wouldn't.

"But... I thought I would at least have one sweet memory with a girl I have loved for these 3 years before I go" he smiles. Disappointed smile.

Go? What did he mean? I try to hide my curiousity, but I can't.

"What do you mean?" I look at him back.

"I'm leaving Korea soon. I will study music abroad" his answer surprises me.

Actually, so what if he goes abroad? I don't have any reason to be sad. But knowing that I might not see my secret admirer again, my heart starts to be worried.

Suddenly, Jiyong laughs.

"You're tricking me, aren't you?" I slap his shoulder.

"No I'm not" he shakes his head.

"Then why are you laughing?" I ask.

"I just don't understand why you never want to sing in front of me even a bit. Even you had to pretend to go to the toilet when Mr.Park asked you to sing with me at the first grade" he sighs.

"What? I didn't pretend. I really went to the toilet!" I am panic that he finds out. Oh please it's been 2 years ago and he still remebered.

"No, you didn't. I saw you ran to the cafetaria" he argues.

Okay, he won. He even knew that.

"What's actually wrong with me?" Jiyong asks me curiously.

I just look down. I hope he will stop asking why and just... Just let me go. My body feels so weak, and so did my heart.

"Fine if you won't sing. But at least let me know why. You should know that before I even know how pretty you are, I have been in love to your voice. And fell in love deeper after I found out the owner of that voice" jiyong once again throws the words that could always blow me.

Stop, please. I can't stand anymore. I can't  hold my true feeling if he keeps being too honest about his feeling.

"Nothing's wrong with you. It's something wrong with me" I say softly.

"Then why?" He lifts his face to me.

"I don't know either!" I lose my control and stand up.

"Are you really going to leave Korea?" Suddenly that question just comes out from my mouth.

"Yes. At this weekend" he answeres softly.

This weekend? But we will have our graduation party this weekend. Does it mean he won't attend?

"I will not attend the graduation night where you will sing with your beloved guitarist" jiyong gives me unhappy glare.

He always missunderstands me and Nickhun.

"That's why, give me your song now" he looks at me.

He will really leave. Okay, I tell my self to just tell him why, and then he will go and everything will be normal.

"I'm sorry Jiyong. I think... It's because... I can't sing in front of someone I love" I finally say that.

God what did I just do?  Sohee you shouldn't say that! Love didn't exist for you, no! I can see Jiyong is surprised by my words.

While, my head is spinning. I don't care of anything else except my condition. I have to go before blood comes out from my mouth and nose again.

I stand up and start walking, leaving Jiyong behind.

"Wait! Please explain what you just said!" He complains.

"It's now clear, right? Don't disturb me again. See you again, someday" I try my best to keep walking.

Tears suddenly come out from my eyes. Why is everything so unfair to me?  

"I can't love, because I will have to say goodbye" I whisper.

And that is the last sentence I say before everything around me turns so blur.

 

Jiyong's pov

 

I was just surprised by what I heard from Sohee.

Didn't she just say she loved me? What? Impossible. But she suddenly walks away without explaining anything. And what makes me even more surprised is she just collapsed in front of me.

"Sohee! What happened to you?!" I hold her body and find her nose full of blood. Suddenly I remember seeing her came from a car accross the park. So I try to walk, bringing her to the car.

I lift her body and I'm about to bring sohee to her car when 2 people  approach me.

"Give her to me" Nickhun takes sohee's body from me.

I am wondering what actually happened.

"I'm sorry Jiyong, we should bring her. Take care of your self!" Sunmi bows to me.

"Wait! Why were you two here? Wasn't sohee just got back from your house?" I ask sunmi confusedly.

"What? No. We followed Sohee because she should have been back to her home instead of being here" sunmi just explains a bit and go.

"What happened?" I take sunmi's hand.

She is so panic. She doesn't say anything.

"Please tell me what's wrong?" I am even more worried.

"Something is really wrong" sunmi states.

"Why don't you just stop acting like that? I'm leaving Korea this weekend! Just let me know why?!!" My patience is really in its limit.

Sunmi is actually a very kind girl, but she's just the same as Sohee, always tries to avoid and hide from me. And I don't even understand what's going on!

"Follow us" sunmi walks to the car.

My heart beats so fast.