The Last Song

The Last Song

 

The sky was getting darker, and Jiyong just stood up besides the school gate. The school was so empty, there were no more activities since the school was over. But why was he there?

“Waiting for that girl again, huh?” Jiyong was surprised to hear the school guard so suddenly talked to him.

“Uhm… no! I just….” Jiyong didn’t know how he could lie for so many times to stand besides the school gate all over again.

“Well… yes… i’m waiting for her” Jiyong looked down, trying to hide his shy face for being caught, the school guard just laughed and walked away.

“Let’s go home, Ji! I’m honestly tired to follow your stupid behavior like this!” Seungri who stood besides Jiyong complained.

“Yahh! You want to see her very cute best friend too right?” Jiyong slapped Seungri’s head.

“Ahh yes of course! Sunmiyaaah….” Seungri suddenly turned into a very sweet little boy with his puppy eyes.

“So shut up, okay?!” Jiyong was back to his ready position.

Yes, that was definitely not the first time Jiyong did that. He has always been doing that. Standing besides the gate, waiting for a girl that he fell in love with since the first day at high school, and he was still in love with until now, the last year of high school.

Jiyong took a step back as he saw the girl finally came out towards the gate. As usual, she was not alone. She was with her forever soulmate that always made Jiyong’s heart full of fire, Nickhun.

“That was great, sohee! Can’t wait to perform it together in our graduation night!” Nickhun pat sohee’s shoulder while walking towards the car that has been waiting for Sohee and him outside.

“yeah.. i wish i could….” Sohee sighed quietly.

“What do you mean? Don’t talk such things!” Nickhun slap her shoulder.

“uhmm.. no… i mean, yes! It will be cool! And your guitar playing was…. Daebak!” Sohee smiled while giving him her two thumbs up.

Her smile suddenly disappeared when she, for she didn’t know how many times already, saw Jiyong stood up besides the gate. Realizing that Jiyong was waiting for her, she immediately walked  faster and looked down.

“Sohee… wait a minute!” Jiyong walked and approached Sohee.

Sohee stopped. She took a deep breath.

“I’ve told you don’t wait for me like this again, haven’t i?” Sohee sighed. She tried to walk, ignoring Jiyong, but Jiyong held her hand.

“What are you doing?” Sohee was surprised and took her hand from Jiyong’s.

“I just need to talk. Am i really disgusting that you don’t even want to talk to me?” Jiyong pouted.

Sohee’s expression showed that she was unhappy. She thought for a while, and finally gave him a chance to talk.

“Can you please go inside the car, first? I’m gonna talk to him for a minute” Sohee asked Nickhun who was standing besides her.

“Take your time!” Nickhun nodded and went to the car.

The awkward atmosphere came again. It was always like that when they were about to talk.

“I know… It’s been so many times but, will you go out with me?” Jiyong looked at Sohee. That was  the sentence that has been coming out from his mouth for so many times. Although the answers were always the same,  no, no, and no.

Sohee ever said “yes” once. But when they finally went out and Jiyong declared his love for Sohee, what he got was a rejection.

“I don’t feel like thinking about love things…” That was what Sohee said before she left Jiyong alone at the park that night.

And that was the first time, and also the last time he went out with Sohee. Even after what she heard from Sohee, Jiyong were never bored to ask and wait for her.

Now, he once again begged. Maybe the last time, maybe to give up.

“What else to talk?” Sohee raised her eyebrow.

What else? Jiyong didn’t know either. About his special feeling for Sohee that he has always had for these 3 years? He already said that. About something he called a “dream” to make sohee his girl? He also already told that. Why a dream? Of course. He didn’t even have a chance to get any closer to Sohee, although they were classmates at the first year of high school.

“I just want to go out with you. I just want to talk to you like other friends do it with you” Jiyong looked down. He was so upset that sohee never treated him the same. He didn’t even know why.

“Maybe… this is the last time i ask…” Jiyong continued.

Looking to Jiyong’s expression and listening to his voice, Sohee couldn’t forgive her self if she ignored him for the thousands times.

“Fine, at the park tonight 7 pm. After that, please don’t disturb me again” Sohee said softly.

Jiyong lifted his face, a smile appeared from his handsome face.

“Thank you very much, Sohee!” he bowed.

While, a very  pretty girl with her curly hair was running towards Sohee.

“Aishhh you and Nickhun always left me!” Sunmi pouted and suddenly felt so awkward to interrupt Sohee and Jiyong.

“Because you will just stay at the toilet for hours!” Sohee rolled her eyes.

“Let’s go! You can go home with me and Nickhun!” Sohee offered her hand to Sunmi. Sunmi nodded and held Sohee’s hand.

“I’ll go first. Bye Jiyong…” Sunmi stopped and a smile came out when she found out the boy behind Jiyong.

“Bye Seungri….” Sunmi blushed and bowed.

As she has given him an answer, Sohee walked towards the car with Sunmi, then she went inside.

“Sorry for making you wait!” Sohee sat at the corner.

“Why are looking at me like that?” Sohee raised her eyebrow, she realized that Nickhun was staring at her.

“You know, it’s really enough to treat him that way… why don’t you Just…” before he could continue, Nickhun was killed by sohee’s glare at him.

“Stop that. You can’t understand” Sohee then closed her eyes, pretending to sleep to avoid longer conversation about Jiyong with Nickhun.

“By the way, your mom just told me that we have to go to the hospital…” Nickhun showed the text message that he just received from Sohee’s mom. Nickhun and Sohee were best friends since they were in kindergarten, and lived at the same neighborhood. No wonder he was very close with Sohee and her famiy.

“Again?” Sohee suddenly opened her eyes as Nickhun finished his sentence.

“Yes!” Nickhun smiled widely.

“That’s enough. Honestly, I’m tired….” sohee rolled her eyes and sighed.

“Don’t ever complain like that, Sohee… Hwaiting! ” Nickhun pat her head and smiled.

“That’s okay, my Sohee….” Sunmi held Sohee’s hand.

Sohee took a deep breath and turned her face to the opposite side from Nickhun. Her tears dropped.