Dare

Here's The Deal
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Before starting this story, I want to state that this does not, in any way, trivialize or intentionally degrades any ual orientation whatsoever. This is just a story where love interests change and I just want to make that clear. I'm a straight heteroual female myself and while I do not know how homouality or biuality works, this is purely just a work of fiction. I don't want to hurt/offend anyone with this, it's just supposed to be entertaining and fun and cute. So if you're really sensitive to such themes, I'd suggest you not to read it. 

Otherwise, here's chapter one! 

 

 

 

 

"You're doing it again." 

 

The said asian man quickly flitted his wide doe eyes away, ears burning red upon being caught in the act, "doing what?"

 

"Staring."

 

Yennie gazed at her best friend from across the study table, eyebrow quirked up in amusement at the fact that he seemed to be completely tying himself up into knots and doubling over in an attempt to scramble for an excuse, any excuse really. 

 

"I'm not staring," he answered lamely, to which she scoffed out, "sure, you're not," before rolling her eyes. 

 

Having graduated from the same high school, it was no wonder that they had gravitated towards each other during the first week at St. Ambrose University. The two had been inseparable ever since they found out that they had one common interest: cards. Playing cards, more specifically. 

 

The games they played were usually anything ranging from poker, to blackjack, to speed. The latter was the one they enjoyed the most, mainly using it as a way to resolve problems, like who was to take out the garbage that week for instance. 

 

Jungkook had also been one of the few that hadn't recoiled the moment she'd stated that she batted for the same team as he did. Instead, he'd been curious, eyes open wide with amazement that brimmed with the slightest layer of respect, though he'd never admit it. 

 

"Come on, Jungkook," Yennie leaned back against her chair, glancing this way and that to ensure that they weren't disrupting anyone else with their conversation. Satisfied, she then leaned forward to murmur, "spill the beans, man. What is it this time?"

 

"How do you know there is something?" 

 

"Considering the fact that you've been staring me down for the past--" she glanced at her watch, "fifteen minutes, I'd say that yes, there is something."

 

She was rewarded by the flush bursting across the asian man's cheeks like a literal red flag, and a smirk coated her lips in satisfaction. If there was one thing that Yennie loved doing, it was to rile Jungkook up because he was just so damn adorable to toy with.

 

"Fine, you caught me," Jungkook leaned closer to the table, biting his lip in apparent nervousness, "so the basketball team wants to have drinks, right? You know how they love going out on Fridays." 

 

"Uhuh."

 

His hand went to scratch the back of his neck, "they really want me to come along this time  cause--well, I accidentally mentioned that I was single."

 

Oh no. She knew where this was going.

 

The words shout of her like hot iron, "no."

 

Jungkook blinked at her, "I didn't even ask you anything!"

 

"I've seen too many romcoms of this, Jeon. I am not posing as your girlfriend," Yennie proceeded to shove her notebook into her bag for good measure, as if utilizing her force against her bag would serve to strengthen her words. 

 

"I wasn't going to ask you that anyway," he huffed like a child.

 

"So then what?"

 

"I just--"pausing for a few beats, he then murmured, "maybe you could come along and--you know, keep an eye out for me."

 

"What am I, your bodyguard?"

 

"I just don't want girls fawning all over me. They never come around when you're present." 

 

"Because I emit strong vibes."

 

"Can't say no to that," he grinned, "so, you in?" 

 

"No."

 

"Come on."

 

"No, Jungkook." 

 

"Yennie," his eyes were pleading, dark orbs swimming with genuine desperation, "I'll buy you boba for a month."

 

Yennie considered this for a moment, weighed her options. She'd rather be at home in her own comfortable space than be out partying till her ears went numb, but she couldn't deny that Jungkook's offer was indeed, really tempting to say the least.

 

Her eyes found his and she hummed in contemplation, "three months." 

 

"Three--" he almost choked on his saliva, spluttering, "that's a whole semester!"

 

"That's my price. Take it or leave it."

 

And that was how they found themselves stumbling out of the main campus library, crouched in the corner of the corridor with a deck of speed laid out across the floor. 

 

Jungkook won the first round and couldn't help himself from grinning in satisfaction when he stated his price, "two months."

 

Yennie shook her head and they played another round, hands whipping back and forth as her eyes snapped through the digits, fingers as dexterous as flashes of lighting when she laid a king on a queen followed by an ace and slamming down a two.

 

She obviously won the second round. 

 

"Two and a half," she beamed  

 

In the end, she had won the third round and Jungkook had had to abide by her wishes. It was one of the rules whenever they engaged with card games, that one would do whatever the other asked of them, no matter what the cost. 

 

"Fine," Jungkook muttered, "two and a half it is, but I'm dragging you along to every event happening this month. 

 

Yennie considered this for a moment, "fine." 

 

This was how she found herself walking in to one of the city's most popular nightclubs with the rowdiest bunch of hormonal guys in town, tagging along all because of some stupid bubble tea and trying not to get jostled by the basketball team's wide shoulders. The smell of testosterone was practically tangible in the air and it wasn't surprising that they attracted female eyes wherever they went. She felt Jungkook's tug on her leather jacket and shot him a quizzical look. 

 

"What?" She asked, understanding blossoming across her features the moment she caught sight of a group of young women sitting on the other side of the bar, practically eyeing Jungkook like a bunch of hyenas ready to pounce upon their prey 

 

Yennie sighed, "I still don't understand you. Boys would go crazy for that kind of attention."

 

"They scare me!" Jungkook retorted with wide eyes, "also, I'm trying to get into Celine's good books."

 

Celine was unmistakeably the most beautiful creature Yennie had ever laid eyes on, and it wasn't just the lesbian in her talking. They had met her during their first year of university and although they had both been too dumbstruck by her actual charisma and charm -- who could resist those sensual, swishing hips and beautiful body line?-- she was usually found hanging around the same group of people that Yennie and Jungkook were well acquainted with. Jungkook hadn't had a chance to talk to her yet, too shy to do so even though he'd stated that it was harder than it looked whenever Yennie would about it.

 

Heck, even Yennie had been able to converse with the said girl more times than he ever did. She told that to Jungko

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter