TWO

The Fourth Quarter Quell
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

**********

 

She looks at me as I call her name. Our eyes meet and there is a short pause of stare before she smiles at me and then, at Yewon. In my confusion, I walk closer, my eyes never leaving hers. 

 

"What are you doing here?" I ask. My voice sounds firm and serious, totally the opposite of the chaos I am feeling inside me. I can feel the beat of my heart and it is faster than how it usually is. Seeing her like this, in my house, feels domestic and alarming at the same time. 

 

"My sister has some matters to deal with in District Eight. I was bored waiting for her so I asked the pilot if he could give me a ride."

 

"Pilot?"

 

"Oh. It's a plane my sister uses for medical purposes." She explains.

 

I look at Yewon who is already seated on her usual seat, which is beside mine. She smiles at SinB and offers the food served on our table before giving me a questioning look, silently asking why I'm still standing. Defeated, I sit on my chair and reach for the utensils.

 

Now, my mood is ruined. I was excited to be home, eat, and have time with Yewon doing our usual stuff. I look at SinB and I almost roll my eyes seeing her conversing comfortably with my cousin. 

 

They're close? What did I miss?

 

I eat in silence. The excitement I had earlier when I opened the door is long gone. And I am irritated by the fact that she probably doesn't notice it. More so, I am irritated by the fact that I can feel myself getting satisfied seeing her. That with just her presence, the butterflies are back at it again, making me feel comfortably sick. 

 

Her eyes, her blonde hair, and those damp luring lips. I missed her, so much. It's stupid, really. I still remember how I convinced myself that I'm supposed to not feel a lot around her anymore. But here I am, silently trying to calm the rapid beating of my heart.

 

Yewon prepared an amazing breakfast. We have eggs, fried rice, steamed chicken, toast, and the cake she baked for me. This is too much already, if compared to our usual breakfast. But since it's a special day, Yewon exerted more effort for me. Besides, we have a guest, it would be rude if she didn't prepare enough. 

 

Now, my gaze diverts to SinB. Surely, this amazing breakfast for us is just considered a simple one for her. We grew up in hunger while she grew up in a golden spoon. We are from the poorest district, she's from the richest one. Sure, with how much I earn as a Victor now, I can buy whatever I want and eat whatever I want. But I prefer the simple yet satisfying things life can offer. After all, I got all these by killing people and it's not really something I'm proud of.

 

I wonder if this girl actually likes what is served on the table. This is entirely a different set up for her, completely not her comfort. I wonder if she actually likes the food, my house, or just whatever here. I can't read her. Why did she even go here? I silently roll my eyes and focus on my breakfast. With her here, how can I even enjoy the food? This isn't really how I expected my morning would be. 

 

When Yewon volunteers to get more orange juice in the kitchen, I glance at her and immediately look back at my food after seeing her eyes already on me. I gulp and clear my throat.

 

"How many hours?"

 

"What?"

 

"How many hours will you stay here?" 

 

"Three days."

 

"Three what?!" I know my reaction must be funny because as Yewon comes back from the kitchen, she's giggling. I look at her and raise my eyebrows. "You know this? And you agreed to let her in??"

 

"Actually, I fetched her from the Justice Building. Mayor called me for it." She answers, even enthusiastically. "What is wrong with it? I thought you two are friends?"

 

I almost scoff. So that is what she introduced herself with. My friend.

 

"None. There's nothing wrong with it." I glance at SinB and pinch the bridge of my nose. Of course, everything about this is wrong. This is planned, obviously. How dare her show up like this? Where was she even last night? She should have at least told me that she would come? So I wouldn't look as clueless as I am? Why is she even here? I bet she just wants some bedroom adventures again, it's been weeks.

 

I mentally scoff. Where are her other girls anyway?

 

We resume eating and the two of them are obviously having fun discussing about random things. I don't really mind. If Yewon enjoys her company, then be it. As long as she doesn't have evil plans, like setting up my cousin with someone. Else, hell breaks loose. 

 

"I'll do the dishes." I volunteer and stand up. Usually, Yewon does most of the household chores whenever I come back from whatever Victor responsibility I have to do. Today, I don't really mind. I am not interested in their conversation anyway. Besides, I need a breath away from SinB at least for a moment. I have been stiff and unusually composed.

 

"I'll help you." SinB suddenly says.

 

I look at her and forced my lips to curl up. "It's okay." 

 

"I'll be in charge of drying them." She insists. She then stands up and attempts to clean the table

 

"It's really okay. You're a guest. You don't need to do anything." I force a smile once again as I start stacking the plates and gathering the utensils.

 

"But I want to."

 

I look back at her, stopping all my movements. "I don't even think you know how to do any household chores."

 

"I can learn—"

 

"Okay ladies, settle down. The two of you go get some rest. You must be tired." Yewon interrupts, eyeing the two of us. I know she notices something, with her intellect, she sure knows something is up between me and SinB. 

 

I sigh and nod at her. I know if I will insist, SinB will surely do the same. That's just how annoying she is. I take my leave and as I reach the bottom of the stairs, I hear Yewon's voice again.

 

"By the way unnie, SinB will take your room. You don't mind us sharing room right?" 

 

I pause for a moment and glance at SinB before smiling at Yewon. "I miss cuddling with you. Of course, it's okay with me." I say and seeing SinB walking toward my direction, I start taking steps upstairs. I can feel her chasing after me and I'm determined to reach Yewon's room even faster and slam the door shut on her. But of course, I can't do that.

 

When she finally catches up to me, I turn to face her. However, my eyes are everywhere but hers. "That's my room." I simply mutter and turn back to open Yewon's room.

 

But she suddenly grabs my arm, "Can we talk?" 

 

Her voice was soft and low and I almost melt at that, especially when she's holding me softly as well. But I know not to let my emotions mess up with me again so I turn once again, forcing a smile.

 

"Yewon was clear. We both need to rest."

 

"Yerin—"

 

"Rest well SinB." I interrupt, swinging the door open and hurriedly close it right away, leaving her outside. 

 

I bit my lip and inhale deeply. How can she have this effect on me? I hate it. I hate feeling it. 

 

I miss her. I know I miss her. When she touched me, it was then I realized how much I have been trying to fool myself. I can feel the effect of this whole avoiding thing. It's too much. Because I'm missing her a lot and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter