Once, i wanted you back

Once, the lucky one!

(back to the precent)

 

Kyungsoo looked again at the medical examination Jongin had left him with. It was the morning after his unexpected visit and he was finally sober. With his mind clear he cursed himself for acting out his anger and frustration. He had kissed Jongin and he shouldn’t have, but last night it felt like his lips was mocking him spilling more lies trying to fool him again. Kyungsoo acted too fast but this time he was the one at fault. The Jongin that was right in front of him was not the one that had broken his heart to pieces a month ago. In fact this Jongin was so innocent he wasn’t even aware he had a claim to his heart at the first place. Jongin had forgotten everything. A very convenient memory loss, it was very convenient to Kyungsoo as well. He should now put his thoughts to rest, stop thinking of Jongin, stop dreaming of Jongin, let his heart forget. But he couldn’t do that. Because in the memories Jongin had lost there were moments Kyungsoo would treasure for the rest of his life. He did want to forget what Jongin meant to him but it was unfair because jongin had hearted him in the worst way possible. He had betrayed his trust.

 

(Flashback of one month ago)

 

Kyungsoo was in the middle of a very important meeting when Jongin burst inside the room out of nowhere. Jongin suddenly appeared when he had been absent from work for an entire week. Kyungsoo had of course thought of going to Sehun’s apartment and lure him out by force but he knew that Jongin wouldn’t like that. Jongin hated that about him. That he wasn’t the kind of person that would wait for a problem to be solved and instead he would use his bare hands to solve it. So Kyungsoo gave him time. He resisted the urge and kept his mouth shut when Jongin wouldn’t even respond to his text messages. But now looking at his furious boyfriend he realized he made a mistake. Jongin was by his side in a second he punched his gut and left Kyungsoo with severe pain in his abdomen and in shock.

“What the hell?” Jongin had just punched him. In broad daylight, inside his meeting room, in the presence of high rank executives of D.O corporations and it looked like he wasn’t done yet.

“You think you can do anything you want right? That you are so rich and powerful that people like me don’t even matter. You think that i am your toy but you are wrong Kyungsoo. You are my toy!” Kyungsoo didn’t understand what was going on. Jongin was mad at him but he had no reason to be. It was like Kyungsoo was having a nightmare, his worst fears were coming true and at the same time nothing made sense. Jongin looked around the room with anger.

“Look at all this people in this room, they are all here to up to you, some of them admire your talents most of them admire your money but none of them know the real you.” Kyungsoo had to say something put a stop at this madness but he was so lost. What was Jongin implying? That people didn’t know about them? Yes Kyungsoo had kept their relationship a secret but that was what they had both agreed to. This was something Kyungsoo did with all of his relationship, he didn’t want his name to be dragged by the media and he definitely didn’t want to involve Jongin’s name in a scandal. Was Jongin going to out them like this?

“What the are you doing Jongin?” that wasn’t his voice. It was a worrying Chanyeol who had also appeared out of nowhere with a couple of bodyguards standing behind him. Jongin noticed the man that was questioning his actions and he scoffed.

“I didn’t expect anything else from you Chanyeol, of course you will choose him over me, aren’t you tired of being so naive following Kyungsoo like he would ever pay any attention to you.” Kyungsoo was shocked to hear that, he looked over at Chanyeol only to see the tears that was running down his face. Kyungsoo wasn’t aware of the man’s feelings for him. He realized how hard it must have been for him when Jongin and Kyungsoo came to be together. Chanyeol was Jongin’s best friend and he obviously knew but he hadn’t shared that with him. Everyone was looking at Chanyeol while he was wiping his tears looking at the floor too ashamed to stare back at them. Why had Jongin exposed his friends feeling like that? Jongin wasn’t a cruel man but today he made Kyungsoo question everything he thought he knew about him. Kyungsoo dared to look at his lover but he was faced with evil satisfaction and it made him sick to his stomach.

“Take him away” he order the bodyguards and while Jongin was surprised to be thrown out of the room this way he didn’t leave quietly.

“ We are over Kyungsoo, but don’t you think you are getting rid of me that easily. You are going to pay for it.” Kyungsoo had being thinking a lot about that last sentence. But he was given all the answers in one last text message he received from Jongin.

“I don’t think half million is enough to shake you for everything but it’s enough for me. You can either send me the money or wait for the little show i made this morning to go out on a much bigger scale. I have a lot of things to share and i know the media is very interested to hear me. Think about it long and hard, babe!”

 

(End of the flashback)

 

Kyungsoo blood was boiling at the memory of that day. For a while he didn’t want to believe at what that text was implying but the truth of it slapped him in the face. Jongin did all of this for the money. It had all been a plan. Not from the beginning because jongin couldn’t have plan gaining kyungsoo’s trust and love but after he knew he had it he played him to get his money. And he would have succeeded. Kyungsoo could get in touch with him through his phone and he was too scared to meet him face to face. Scared that he was going to kill him. He was going to give in Jongin's request . Send him the money and never see him again but his pride was too hurt to follow through with it. And now the tables had turned. Jongin’s memory loss had not only washed him clean from all the wrongdoing he made the past year but had also put a halt to his plans and Kyungsoo was going to use that window of fate. He had great plans for Jongin. He was going to make him his. For real this time. He was going to make Jongin fall in love with him and when he had his heart in his hands he was going to crush it the same way Jongin had done with his. 


 

(At Jongin’s and Sehun’s apartment)

 

 “So we are friends and roommates right?” they were both sitting at Jongin’s red leather couch and talking. Jongin looked around to spot a poster hanging at the wall across from him. It was Sehun posing in front of the Eiffel Tower. 

“And we’ve been to Paris?” Jongin couldn’t hide his excitement, he wanted to go there since he was a child. 

“I went to Paris, you sir are too boring for Paris.” Sehun crushed his hopes and Jongin didn’t even try to hide his disappointment. “I was kidding Jongin i’ll take you to Paris, i’ll book seats for tomorrow and if there is no flights i know this guy who has a jet, we can steal it.” 

“I am not sad Sehun” Jongin interrupted Sehun’s rumbling with a smile on his face that revealed he was rather happy than sad “How was i lucky enough to make you my friend?” hearing that Sehun smiled at him fondly.

“This conversation again, Jongin you weren’t the lucky one i was. You are literally amazing. You met under promiscuous circumstances but you didn’t judge me. You said you wanted to get to know me cause you were interested and not just because you wanted something from me. I told you i was looking for a place and you said come stay with me. You have been a selfless friend and i couldn’t be more grateful.”

“But you still didn’t take me to Paris.” they both laughed but they were interrupted by a loud knocking on their door. Sehun got up to open the doors but his moves halted when he heard the voice from the other side.

“It’s me Kyungsoo open up”

“I need you to tell me the password” he joked while mouthin to Jongin direction ‘it’s Kyungsoo’ a very frightened Jongin shook his head to not let him in. 

“I don’t have time for jokes Sehun i want to apologise to Jongin” hearing that Sehun warned Jongin that he was going to let him in.

“That’s not the password” Jongin was pleading but Sehun knew they needed to talk.

“ you Sehun” Sehun finally opened the door with a fake surprize taking over his face

“How did you know that was the password!” Kyungsoo moved past him and searched for Jongin around the room. Their eyes met and Kyungsoo had to remind himself he was a man on a mission and he couldn’t screw himself over by revealing how mad he still was at Jongin. He swallowed his anger and marched to Jongin side. Jongin hesitantly patted the empty space of the couch next to him and Kyungsoo took a seat. They both stared at each other in silence for a little while. Then Kyungsoo spoke first.

“How are you feeling today? I hope your head doesn’t hurt anymore.” he said while trying to figure out what was it that Jongin needed to hear so that he could gain his trust.

“I am taking medication.” Jongin replied quietly and then he added “How are you?” 

“Better, i am sorry for yesterday, i was angry and drunk i didn’t meant what i said.” Kyungsoo needed to clear his suspicious behaviour if he was going to work things out with Jongin.

“Why were you mad?” ‘Cause you broke my heart and i hate you more than anything’ Kyungsoo thought but he couldn’t really say that.

“We had a fight, we had a lot of them lately, it wasn’t serious.” he played it down like it was nothing and he hoped Jongin curious nature will let it go for once

“It looked serious.” Jongin of course wasn’t easy to fool but Kyungsoo was the one playing the game this time around and he could fool Jongin.

“It wasn’t, and if i had known you were seriously injured i wouldn’t have left your side like i did. Jongin, i can’t even tell you how ty i feel about it.” Jongin couldn’t help but be captured by the intense look on Kyungsoo’s big owl eyes. 

“Were we really dating?” a slow smile appeared on Kyungsoo’s face as if Jongin had told him a joke but the look on his eyes became even more intense.

“Yes” that didn’t make sense to Jongin.

“Why would i date you?” that question reminded Kyungsoo of all the times Jongin had asked the same question in the past teasingly as if it was a challenge for Kyungsoo to answer. That’s why he leaned closer to him and whispered at his ear. 

“Cause you were craving for me” Jongin inhaled too fast and choked while Kyungsoo smiled at the mess he had caused. Jongin finally pushed him away and he pointed at Sehun looking embarrassed.

“You can just do things like that, we are not even alone.” he yelled and they both turned their attention to Sehun who had a smile plastered on his face that clearly meant he wouldn’t mind even if they were going to hook up right in front of him.

“Jongin, i was just joking, don’t you remember how we always messed with each other?” this seemed to bring Jongin out of his embarrassed state and he could now look Kyungsoo in the eyes again. Kyungsoo had hoped that if he reminded Jongin of their innocent past relationship which he still had memories of he would be easier to pursue in the future.

“Brain injuries are complicated. There are methods that could help you regain your memories, things that could be called ‘stimuli’ they are just a few things that could help you remember. I asked for the countries most specialized doctor on retrograde amnesia and he will be here to see you tomorrow morning. I honestly just want to help you, please accept my help Jongin, you know you can trust me, don't you?” Jongin nodded , there was a year worth of memories he had to remember. He needed the help and there was no one he trusted more than Kyungsoo. The two of them dating wasn’t going to change that.

“Will i get my memories back?” Jongin asked him. If Kyungsoo truly believed he could do it then Jongin would be able to believe it himself.

“I know you will.” But Kyungsoo hoped it didn’t happen to soon. If Jongin remembered everything it was going to ruin the fun. And Kyungsoo was planning of having a lot of it.