Once, i let myself go

Once, the lucky one!

(Another past chapter, the story is picking up from where we left it on chapter two)

 

Jongin was not a paranoid person. But he was very hasitading when he handed to Kyungsoo his phone a.k.a his only way to communicate with the outside world. In a moment of weakness, while he was dazzled by the incredible grandeur that surrounded him, he let go of his precious device instantly regretting but with no means to take it back. He was on a boat, a really big boat, a boat the belonged to Kyungsoo, his really rich boss. When Kyungsoo had claimed that the hacker that threatened him had no idea who he was going up against he was not joking. But Jongin wasn’t the kind of person to get scared by someone's wealth. Jongin’s father encouraged him to speak his mind and follow his heart and there wasn’t anyone that could make him betray his principals.

“Irene will show you a cabinet to sleep. You will find anything you need there, and i guess you will be happy to know that the room only locks from the inside and no one will be able to lock you in. You are completely free!” Kyungsoo added sarcastically clearly not letting go of the kidnapping comment Jongin foolishly made.

“You are so mean to me” Jongin pouted his lips. While he was following Irene to his new shelter Kyungsoo followed him cause he apparently figured that this conversation was much too entertaining to dismiss. 

“Nice guys finish last” he said to justify his behaviour 

“No they don’t” Jongin argued , convinced his boss was not taking their talks seriously anyway.

“You speak from personal experience Jongin?” Kyungsoo asked amused by Jongin’s stubbornness on the matter.

“I like being nice to people, what’s wrong with that?” Jongin asked so quietly like he wasn’t expecting anyone to answer.

“When you are nice to someone they think it's easy to get close to you, to learn your secrets and try to manipulate you” long gone was the amusement from Kyungsoo voice. It was suddenly replaced with something bitter. 

“No one can manipulate me” Jongin said firmly trying to pull his boss from an unpleasant train of thoughts.

“I know” Kyungsoo was looking at him when he said that as if he never questioned Jongin’s character. “You are special, that’s why i like you” Kyungsoo stopped outside a door and opened it. 

“This is my cabinet.If you ever need anything… knock” he disappeared inside the room and left Jongin frozen on the spot. Because Kyungsoo was just being nice to him. That was new! But new was usually good, right?

 

Jongin settled into his cabinet and then came out a couple of hours later finding the confinement on the tiny room to be unbearable. Especially when he had the opportunity to explore the luxurious floating ‘mansion’. From what he discovered from sneaking around he was very impressed. There were two pools. One was indoors ad the other one was on the upper deck. There was a library, a gym , a spa,a huge dining area. There was even a home cinema! Jongin decided to visit the outdoors pool but he wasn’t the only one with that idea. He founded Kyungsoo sitting on the deckchair and after much consideration he sat on the deckchair next to him. They ignored each other presence for a while but they couldn’t go on like that forever. Jongin didn’t know what to say. He was never uncomfortable around Kyungsoo, he even joked before with the man but that was always related to work. Maybe they could talk about work.

“So when are we going to start working?” Jongin asked in hopes that would be enough to start a decent conversation. 

“Tomorrow” was the only word he got as a reply but he was not giving up.

“I am so tired,hot and sweaty. I kinda miss being back at the office. God i should have never taken for granted the air condition!” he looked at his side and caught Kyungsoo pointed at the swimming pool as the solution to all Jongin’s problem. As if Jongin swimming around with Kyungsoo watching him would be less awkward. He looked around but he could find anything or anyone.

“Where is Irene? I can’t see her anywhere”

“Cooking” And we were back at the one word replies. It frustrated Jongin so much that he couldn’t even make a conversation with a person he knew for five years already. He thought about the topics he usually discussed with his friend Chanyeol and he was suddenly reminded of the favor Chanyeol asked him on their last phone call. His mouth was asking the question without him thinking about it first.

“Do you bring guys here to have fun?” What? That was not what Chanyeol asked him! Why would he ask that? Jongin brought his hand to his mouth in a shocking manner while Kyungsoo glared at him with a surprised look.

“I am sorry. I don't know why i asked that. I wanted to ask about the kind of people you date and then i was wondering if they are the kind of people that would enjoy this place.But you don’t have to answer that.”

“It's okay. I don’t really have a type but all the people i have dated so far had a couple of things in common. They were quite, most of them owned a company or they were very successful at their line of work. Ambitious people that had their names known to the public from a young age.” Well that made sense. kyungsoo wasn’t any random guy and he wouldn’t date some nobody from nowhere like Jon...Chanyeol. It shoul...didn’t matter anyway.

“Oh and they all dated me for the same reason as well, my money” he paused for a second like he was considering something and then he grinned looking at Jongin.

“What’s your type?” well that was a fair question that Jongin should have expected. The problem was that he never imagined Kyungsoo asking him that or that he would consider talking about it with him. But he was out of options.

“I don’t date” Kyungsoo raised an eyebrow at the firm statement and Jongin internally cursed for getting himself in a situation like this in the first place.

“I just don’t believe in dating or romance generally. The thing is that when i was young my mother left my dad for another man. My dad was the perfect man in my eyes and he spended so many years asking himself what he lacked compare to the other guy. It was heartbreaking to watch” at some point Kyungsoo had moved next to him. There was something warm in the way he looked at Jongin. He raised a hand and patted Jongin's head in a friendly manner.

“Jongin that question had a very simple answer. He lacked a wife!” Kyungsoo serious face broked to a hysterical laughter while Jongin’s eyes widened at the realisation of Kyungsoo’s joke. He immediately pushed him off the deckchair and yelled at him.

“Kyungsoo i can believe you said that! If it was anyone else i would have punched them in the face. You ing idiot!” 

“I am sorry” Kyungsoo stood up and tried to hide his smile but with no success. 

“Don’t even bother ” Jongin was up and running away from his insensitive boss but Kyungsoo reached him soon after.

“I am sorry, truly, can i make it up for you? Are you hungry? We can have dinner together and drinks lots of drinks! We will drink until you can forgive me” Jongin loved food and drinking. Kyungsoo knew that when he suggested it so it felt like he was trying to cheat his way back to Jongin’s good graces. But Jongin wasn’t supposed to be mad at his boss anyway so he agreed. 

“I don’t think you have enough drinks for that”

 

Of course Jongin was proven wrong. As Kyungsoo was filling his glass of wine for the sixth time this evening Jongin was filling his mouth with penne al pollo the delicious dinner tha Irene had prepared for them.

“I love food and i also love chicken” Jongin was making a mess of himself while he ate but it wasn’t his fault the food was so delicious he couldn’t help himself.

“Is chicken different from other food?” That was a really dumb question that after so many glasses of wine Jongin was serious at considering how to reply.

“Yes chicken is divine, the best of the best of the bestest!” Jongin was pleased with his answered so he smile at the man that was carefully observing him from the opposite side of the table.

“So chicken is your type of food but you never told me your type in men” Kyungsoo said referring to their previous conversation. Jongin didn’t hesitate this time around.

“I like man that don’t expect from me things i can’t give them. Like love or commitment.”

“And what do you give them?”

“ of course!” Jongin said with the excitement of a five year old spilling a bit of his drink.

“Oh yes, of course. And does that arrangement make you happy?” Kyungsoo asked with an unreadable expression on his face.

“Maybe. Who knows? Why are we talking about boring stuff? Why are we boring?” Jongin tried to point at the two of them but his hand wasn’t exactly making the movement he wanted.

“You wanna do something fun?” Kyungsoo was clearly out of it as well.

“Hell yeah!” Kyungsoo just grins and wraps his hand around Jongin’s wrist, tugging towards the boats kitchen. There is no one there and kyungsoo leaves his hand to move towards the fridge. He takes out three lemons and jongin just stare at him in confusion.

“What do you need lemons for?” Kyungsoo ignores him and takes out the sugar and places both the lemons and the sugar at the counter in front of Jongin and then look at him with a strange glint in his eyes.

“Jongin the best things in life are not free like some people like to say” Jongin thought about it while looking around and smiled.

“Having a big boat is not the best thing in life” It is pretty cool though Jongin thought. Kyungsoo had moved next to him and he brought his hand up his thumb touching his jawline gently.

“I wasn’t talking about the boat” Kyungsoo thump followed the line of his jaw upwards until his hand reached his left ear. Jongin was feeling so hot from that touch that he couldn’t move away. Then Kyungsoo’s face came closer, so close that Jongin could smell the wine on his breath. Then Kyungsoo cracked a smile and he said.

“How did that got stuck in your ear?” he brought his hidden hand in front of Jongin’s face revealing a bottle of vodka that just materialized out of thin air apparently. Or maybe Jongin was too drunk to see through Kyungsoo’s magic trick. He placed the vodka on the counter next to the other ingredients and Jongin's brain finally puzzled the pieces together.

“Lemons drops!” he smiles at himself and waits for Kyungsoo who has gone searching through the drawers for a knife. Jongin stares at Kyungsoo as he cuts the lemons in half very professionally which should be alarming considering how drunk he is but Jongin is also too drunk to consider this. When Kyungsoo is done he raises his eyebrows and waits. Jongin rolls his eyes and lifts his arm. He grins at Kyungsoo and locks eyes with him as he a spot on his wrist. Kyungsoo swallows thickly and he finds it’s physically impossible for him to look away from Jongin. Jongin smirks and puts sugar on the wetness of his wrist, then ducks again slowly the sugar. Kyungsoo inhaled sharply and if the smile that appeared on Jongin’s face is any indicator, he totally heard it. After the sugar Jongin took a shot of vodka and then immediately sticked a lemon wedge in his mouth, on it.

“Your turn” he said tossing the lemon on the counter. Kyungsoo reaches over and grabs Jongin’s wrist again. He pulls Jongin so that he is standing in front of him. His body trapped between the counter and Kyungsoo’s body. Kyungsoo keeps his eyes on Jongin and s a few of the buttons on Jongin’s shirt. Jongin bites his lip in anticipation but at the same time he has no idea what is going on. Kyungsoo pushes one shoulder of Jongin’s shirt to the side and Jongin unconsciously tilts his head, exposing his neck and collarbone. Kyungsoo a path on Jongin’s neck and Jongin whimpers, holds onto the counter behind him just in case his legs give out. Kyungsoo blindly reaches for the sugar, shaking it over the wet spot on Jongin’s neck. Jongin is watching Kyungsoo and knowing he is going to his neck again he is mentally preparing himself. The feeling of Kyungsoo’s tongue swiping over the sugar on Jongin’s neck is somehow better the second time but soon after the tongue is gone and Kyungsoo is reaching for the bottle of vodka to take a shot. Jongin then pick up a lemon and bites the side. Kyungsoo turns around only to be face with a lemon piece at the height of his mouth that’s already in contact with Jongin’s full lips. He puts the bottle to the side, leans forward and uses his mouth to pull the lemon out of Jongin mouth, his lips brushing against Jongin's briefly. He pulls back just a bit and his eyes meet Jongin’s very dark ones. He spits the lemon somewhere on the side and the juice on his lips. Kyungsoo whispers “You are so much hotter when i am drunk” and kisses him.

 

Jongin isn’t so sure this is a good idea. But of course ideas must come first from thinking. And thinking is an action performed with a brain. Jongin really doesn't have one right now. He makes soft noises and tilts his head, which deepens the kiss and makes Kyungsoo’s fingers to press into Jongin’s waist. Kyungsoo’s tongue swipe against Jongin’s lips until Jongin opened his mouth letting him in, and Kyungsoo groans and his hands move from his waist to Jongin’s face, cupping it and holding Jongin’s mouth against his. Jongin move his hands from the counter to Kyungsoo’s back, his fingers sliding under the hem of the t-shirt Kyungsoo is wearing to brush against bare skin. Kyungsoo is slowly ing Jongin's half open shirt but it is hard to do it without looking so he pulls his mouth away from Jongin’s while Jongin whimpers at the loss but he is also eager to take his shirt off so he doesn’t complain much. When his shirt is finally fully open Kyungsoo looks up at Jongin who pulls him back, crushing their mouths together. They are fully gone kissing hard, hungry completely lost to the world around them.

“Do Kyungsoo get off this man immediately!” A voice yells from somewhere behind them and Kyungsoo groans because he can’t believe at Irene’s worst timing ever. He unwillingly lets go of Jongin’s lips and gives Irene a pleading look but he is not given permission to continue.

“Why don’t you want me to be happy” Irene scoffed and rushed to Kyungsoo’s side while giving a calculating look at Jongin state. Then see give a very judgemental look at her boss who looks away embarrassed. 

“I am not paid enough for this. Mr Kim are you even on a state of mind where you can get yourself back at your cabinet safely?” just then as if Jongin was answering her question he dropped passed out on the Kitchen flour.

“I thought so”