Once, my boss kidnapped me

Once, the lucky one!

 

(This capter covers events that happened in the past but its not a flashback because Jongin doesn't remember any of these and he won't remember them in the next chapter)

 

A year and a couple of weeks ago...

Jongin was looking at the clear blue sky through the reinforced glass of the office window. He thought that it was such a shame he had to work when the weather was so lovely. Especially when things at work had turned so ty so quickly. Jongin had been working on an investment agreement with a Chinese technology company that would be very beneficial for D.O corporations. This morning right before they started the meeting an email was sent to Kyungsoo's personal computer with information about the projects and details that only he and Kyungsoo had access to. It was a dangerous setback one that could ruin the project. Someone had hacked into the companies security system or it might have been an inside job. That was more likely. The suspicions should have fallen to Jongin but Kyungsoo trusted him to much to doubt his loyalty. 

"Maybe i should fire you for being so careless with your work" Kyungsoo said without real anger hiding behind the statement.

"Hey! You know it wasn't my fault. I am the best assistant manager you ever had." 

"Says who?" Kyungsoo raised his eyebrows and even though some might thing he looked upset Jongin knew he did not meant to look that way.

“The huge salary you are giving me every month”. Kyungsoo had this policy with his employees. He paid a lot for their loyalty and extra for their extra work, but he didn’t pay at all if he didn’t get good results.   

“Honey i am so rich i could pay you five times that amount and it wouldn't make any difference in my bank account!” Jongin had to hold back an eyeroll but he knew that Kyungsoo wasn’t even bragging. It wasn’t bragging if it was the truth, one of the perks of being a billionaire. Kyungsoo was studying the email that had caused so much trouble. Jongin stole a glance at his boss focus expression. He thought Kyungsoo looked adorable when he was working. He couldn’t help but wonder how Kyungsoo was going to handle this situation. He was not going to give up on the project and he was definitely not going to be gentle when he figured out the hackers identity.

“Why would they sent me the information they stole? Do they want to get caught?” he asked with genuine confusion.

“Maybe it's your secret fan trying to get your attention?” Jongin said half serious half joking. He knew that a lot of people were desperately trying to get Kyungsoo’s attention. Jongin couldn’t understand why they even bothered. Getting in Kyungsoo’s pants was an impossible task if you asked him. All this years and no one had ever succeeded getting to hold even his hand for god's sake! 

“You are an idiot.” he replied clearly annoyed. Well Jongin might be a fool but he wasn’t as stupid as Kyungsoo’s persuaders.

“Oh if i am an idiot then why did you hired me?”

“Maybe i like seeing you walking around my office with that gorgeous body of yours” Yes Kyungsoo never flirted but he wasn’t as shy as you would think. He was actually easy to talk to, fun to be around and always teasing Jongin like there was no tomorrow.

“Haha very funny, it’s nice you are in the mood for jokes when someone is threatening to ruin the deal of your life” that snapped Kyungsoo back to his serious mode. He contacted his lawyers, a few other managers and other people and for the rest of the day he was figuring ways to save the endangered project. By the time Jongin finished his eight hour work and was getting ready to head back home Kyungsoo deep sigh caught his attention so he rush to his boss to find out what was going on. 

“This person sure know who to hide his tracks but he doesn’t know who he is trying to mess with. Jongin i am going to have to ask you to stay home for the next two weeks”

“What do you mean you are sending me home? Am i being left out from the project?” Kyungsoo looked up to him without being able to hide his guilt.

“The hacker could only take this information from you or me and there is a higher chance he got a hold of you somehow.” The reasoning behind Kyungsoo decision made sense but it was still unfair that he would treat him this way after five years of building trust with each other.

“But this project is my baby we built it together you can’t just take it away from me.” Jongin was hurt. He did even know if it was because of the project or because of Kyungsoo.

“ I am really sorry.” It was final , Jongin couldn’t say anything to change Kyungsoo mind. He left the office defeated, a little heart broken too. 

 

The next day he was woken by his phone ringing, Jongin replayed without even looking at the callers id . 

“Hello” his voice sounded breathy cause he wasn't yet fully awaken and he could almost sense the hesitation coming from the other side.

“Jongin i am going to ask you to do something for me. It's going to sound strange and it’s definitely crossing some lines but i really want to do it with you.” Okey this was Kyungsoo’s voice but this could not be Kyungsoo. Because it sounded like Kyungsoo asked him to… But maybe this was a dream. Yeah a really strange one.

“What do you want me to do?” If this was a dream it didn’t really matter what he was going to say, right?  

“I want you to pack a few clothes and whatever you are going to need for the next two weeks, but you will not need anything warm. I will send my driver in two, yeah i think two hours are enough, to pick you up. I …”

“Wait what do you mean? Two weeks what?” Jongin interrupted his boss, he was starting to get a weird feeling about this dream.

“It will be like we are going on vacations and if anyone asks you where you are going to be the next weeks that’s what you are going to say. We can’t have anyone knowing about this.”

“But what will we be doing?” Jongin felt really lost, he had no idea where the dream was leading to. His mind was terrifying him.

“We will work of course, what else? Are you even awake Jongin?” Jongin shat up from his bed and just stared at the phone in his head. This was not a dream!  Kyungsoo was asking him to go on secret business trip. In two hours. Well...

“This is about the project, right?”
“Did you just realised that?” Jongin could almost feel the smile forming at Kyungsoo’s lips “We have to work from the start somewhere the hacker won't be able to truck our work. Either of as is allowed to bring their personal computers or phone. We will use the services provided at the safe location. Do you understand now?” Jongin understood but he was suspicious , he never had to work on this conditions before and he could help feel overwhelmed by his boss request. He had a very silly thought that kinda slipped from his mouth without him meaning to.

“Kyungsoo... are you kidnaping me?” Jongin heard the laughter from the other line and felt embarrassed for asking such a thing. But he wasn’t ready for Kyungsoo’s reply.

“Oh honey if i was kidnaping you, would i really tell you?”

 

The next one and a half hour Jongin to shake off this bad feeling of being kidnap by his own boss. He knew Kyungsoo only mean to but his mind was going to dark places and he did not like that. He had to remind himself that he knew Kyungsoo, they work together. He trusts him. But what did Jongin really know about Kyungsoo anyway, besides maybe his coffee order. What was his coffee order again? Did he even drink coffee? He pick up anything in his closet that seemed wearable and clean. And light because he was not going to need warm clothes according to a certain kidnaper. Where was he going to take Jongin? He could have at least revealed that piece of information so that Jongin could tell his parents. A clue to find his dead body when everything was over. He was becoming paranoid he needed to tell someone. There was only one person he could trust. He called Chanyeol.

“Chanyeol i think i am in serious trouble but i am not really supposed to tell you, this is me literally putting my life on your hands.” There was extended silence from the other line and Jongin got worried. But then again this was a bit too much to comprehend at six am in the morning. Chanyeol was never the morning type and honestly neither was he.

“Okey” that ‘okey’ translated to “I didn’t make sense of anything you just said”

“Look i don't know what you have to do, bang your head on the wall or whatever, but i really need a functioning brain for what i am going to tell you.” there was another pause and Jongin heard a loud banging noise and Chanyeol cursing in pain. Did he…?

“I am all ears, well two ears but they are pretty big”

“Chanyeol , Kyungsoo asked me to go on a secret business trip with him, just the two of us, on a secret location that is supposed to not be approachable by any other person and he also asked me not to bring my phone or any communication device with me. Doesn’t that sound weird to you?” Jongin had to wait for as few seconds so that his words would sink in in his best friends recently abused head.

“Oh my god, you are going on a trip with Kyungsoo , just the two of you? How can you do this to me, you know how i feel about him. I can't believe you would betray me like this!” Chanyeol obviously didn't paid attention to the worrying tone of Jongin’s voice.

“Gosh Chanyeol how hard did you hit your head… Forget about it, just, if i don't show up after the next couple of weeks can you please search for me. And be suspicious of Kyungsoo don’t fall for his crap.” Jongin knew that his friend was actually considering his words for once and he felt a bit grateful.

“But if Kyungsoo actually kills you i will have to expose the love of my life, i don't know if i can do that.” and now Jongin wanted to hit his head on a wall and forget he ever had a friend like him.

“I swear Chanyeol, i have been your friend for years. If you just leave me behind like that i will haunt you forever.” this was bound to work since Chanyeol was afraid of everything supernatural or scary.

“Okey , but can you ask Kyungsoo what’s his type for me please?” Jongin decided it was time to hung up.

 

The driver picked him up exactly two hours after Kyungsoo’s call. Irene as always greeted him with a small nod and started the car after Jongin was comfortable enough in the back seat. Jongin had travelled with Kyungsoo’s car enough times to be comfortable around the older female. So he decided to ask her for help.

“Where do you think he is going to take me? Are you going to tie a cloth around my eyes so that i will not see the route we are taking? Will you be staying with us? Do you know anything at all?” Irene smiled at the boy thinking he was still so naive even though he had been working with Kyungsoo for so long.

“I will be there to make sure everyone is safe. So just relax Jongin, okey?” Jongin nodded at her and fell into silence. He rarely left the city unless he was taking the train to visit his parents at his hometown. He didn’t own a car but Chanyeol had taken him on a ride with his friends a couple of times. Way too many people sharing a really small space , he would rather not think about that. When he managed to forget the unpleasant memories, he discovered that they were leaving behind the open road to enter a huge parking space where a long building was leading to an airport. 

“This are all Kyungsoo’s means of transportation.” Irene pointed out “If you look to your right, there are his private jets but today we are taking the helicopter.” There was something Jongin could detect at Irene’s voice. She just sounded so proud of her employers riches. Sometimes Jongin could forget how rich Kyungsoo really was but today was not one of those days. Jongin looked again. His eyes made a quick scan at the silver helicopter and he spotted Kyungsoo waiting for him, his eyes behind a pair of shades that protected him from the rays of the sunlight. He didn’t really had the time to take good look at him because Irene took a swift turn, with skill that betrayed her long experience, and stopped the car right in front of the helicopter which propeller begun to spin ready to take off. Irene took his bags without taking a look at him. Cause if she did she would have noticed the frightening expression on his face. He was not getting inside a helicopter. Not today, not ever! Irene disappeared inside the helicopter and Jongin wished he would disappear from the face of earth. The propeller was spinning with a wild speed that lifted a swirl.  The dust of the air kept moving up and falling into his eyes. The air resistance was making hard to move forward. He was losing his balance and soon he would fall to his knees. A strong hand gave him back his feet stability. When he looked up he saw Kyungsoo looking back at him.

"You need help?" The tone of his voice was almost mocking but Jongin didn't take it at heart.

"I am not getting inside that thing" he pointed at the helicopter that made such loud noise that he had to yell to hear himself.

"You scared?" Kyungsoo asked definitely mocking him now.

"No" yes! He wasn't going to admit that.

"You can trust me" Jongin was going to laugh but he was too scared to do so.

"Where are we going?" He asked again. It felt like it was the millionth time he asked but he just couldn't get an answer.

"Come with me and you will find out" What kind of logic was that. Obviously Kyungsoo was compelling enough for Jongin to move his body towards him and jump inside the helicopter with him. 

"We are ready" Kyungsoo announced and Irene, who apparently was also a helicopter pilot, gripped the cyclic in one hand and the collective on the other. She placed her feet on some pedals and then turned her head in their direction wearing a smug expression.

"You guys sit back, let me work and lets enjoy the flight , shall we?" Jongin never got a chance to answer, the second he opened his mouth they had already been flying above the ground.

 

The flight lasted a couple of hours but it felt like a century where Jongin was trying to pretend that he was not holding on Kyungsoo's arm so tightly it had probably cut off his blood circulation. He didn't even dare to 'enjoy the view' like the older male had suggested. Jongin knew that if he dared to look he would probably pass out. When the helicopter was finally losing height Jongin smelled something strange. He smelled the sea. But that wasn't right. He gathered some courage to look outside and the view of deep ocean blue made him panic. When Kyungsoo said they were going on a secret location Jongin imagined a deserted mansion in the middle of nowhere. But not this, never had a luxurious yacht of this massive size crossed his mind. He looked at Kyungsoo who wasn't even paying attention to him. He unbuckled his seat belt and Jongin copied his actions. Kyungsoo shared a few words with Irene while she was stepping outside on the yacht the helicopter had landed on. Was it considered landing if it was on a boat? After he stepped outside Kyungsoo finally turned to look at him.

"Welcome to Exo Paradise" he gestured at the general direction of everywhere around them. While Jongin took a full three hundred-sixty turn to look at it. 

"You named your yacht Exo Paradise?" He asked his head still dizzy from the previous flight. Kyungsoo came closer, he took off his dark shades and looked at him confidently. 

"Trust me Jongin by the end of the next two weeks you will find the name quite fitting" The light of the sun that reflected on the sea, reflected on Kyungsoo's eyes and Jongin had a small epiphany considering the shorter male. But it would take another week for Jongin to admit that right this moment he realised Kyungsoo was quite beautiful.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

🎵...The love boat🎵...