Once, i hated Mondays

Once, the lucky one!

God, why had i drunk so much?

Kim Jongin placed his hands on his head to stop it from spinning around. The pain that followed the movement made him dip back on his soft pillow. He had a bump on his forehead. He touched it gently and he frowned. Had he hit his head? He tried thinking about last night but it was painful. 

Alright! He was out for drinks with Chanyeol. That is had happened right? Right? Yes he was out. He was out for a drink with his best friend after they finished their dinner at that Italian restaurant they went to every Sunday. 

He checked the clock at his bedside table and he panicked. His phone alarm should have waked him up an hour ago. His phone wasn't around. Where was it? With the palm of his hand still on his forehead he checked every corner of the room but he couldn't find it anywhere. He forgot all about it when he felt a sudden nausea and the need to visit the bathroom. He reached the toilet on time to throw up all of his stomach content. After he was done, he sat like a boneless puppet on the floor trying desperately to remember what kind of drink had messed up his head so much. He would never drink much not even on the best of occasions. Mostly he settled for a glass of whiskey but he felt like last night he settled for the whole bottle. 

He couldn't go to the office in this state. But then he remembered that he and Kyungsoo had a meeting with a new technology company that they wanted to work with. Like always, Kyungsoo had assigned Jongin to examine the company's accounts, reports and claims and draw his own conclusions. He trusted his judgement. If their judgements coincided, the company would invest. If his opinion was different, they would have to rethink their planning strategy. Kyungsoo needed his report early in the morning so that he would have time to study before the meeting. He would have to send him an email and explain that he was sick.

He took a few careful steps leaning on the walls of his apartment looking for his laptop only to realise that he had probably left it behind at work. He would have to call Kyungsoo. He should be able to open up Jongin's laptop by himself. He had hacked into it in the past to pull a prank on him. That horror lockscreen still gave him nightmares. 

Now the only thing he had to do was find his smartphone. Jongin slowly moved inside the kitchen and saw a note on the table with his name on it. He tried to read it a couple of times but he couldn't make any sense out of it.

"Good morning beautiful , sorry to leave you alone but i had to meet up with a friend . I mopped the wet floor outside the apartment so that you won't slip again. If your head still hurts don't call me, i am not a doctor.  Kisses - S"

What kind of nonsense was this? Jongin didn't remember slipping or hitting his head.  The note was definitely not written by Chanyeol. Who the heck was S? Did he pick up some random dude from the bar last night? That can't be right. But it made sense. His head was hurting too much to make assumptions so he left the note on the side and he pick up a worn out suitcase his father had bought him when he took the job at D.O corporations. How long has it been since he last saw his dad? Another thing he couldn't remember. At least he found his phone inside the suitcase. One mystery solved. 

He had five missed calls from an unidentified number but he ignored them and unlocked his phone in a hurry. He was glad that last night hadn't messed up with his head so much that he would forget his own password. The phone unlocked to reveal another surprise. The photo on his phone's screen was a selfie of himself on a yacht next to Kyungsoo. They looked … happy?! This was weird. Jongin had never been on a yacht. He had never taken a picture with Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo and he...Anyway this was weird. Jongin searched through his call list to find Kyungsoo's number but he couldn't find it. Well that was even weirder. Because Jongin had called Kyungsoo a thousand times and he definitely had his number to do that before. Well there was only one person he could call in this situation. He called Chanyeol. Chanyeol wouldn't be happy to take over for Jongin for the day. That meant he would have to work next to Kyungsoo for the entire day and Chanyeol was a mess around the shorter male. The reason behind that behaviour was Chanyeol massive crush on their boss which he had developed from the first day he was hired in the company. He was hired as Jongin's secretary. Jongin didn't want a secretary but Kyungsoo had overloaded him with responsibilities in only a year of his recruitment that he finally had to give in to his seniors suggestion. But he couldn't trust anyone with his job. That's why Chanyeol's was dragged to the corporation, not that his friend wasn't grateful. Jongin enjoyed working with his best friend but the latter could be annoying when he drooled over Kyungsoo for an unhealthy amount of time. Jongin could only hope that the giant was going to move on from his crash soon because there was no chance he was ever getting with Mr Do Kyungsoo. No one had a chance. Maybe it was because he was always busy, maybe he wasn't interested in dating, maybe he didn't find any of the people he met worthy of his time but for the five years Jongin knew him Kyungsoo hadn't dated anyone. Kyungsoo's love life was so dry that Jongin suggest a moisturizing cream to help hydrate it. The suggestion was not well received. The phone ringing brought Jongin back to the present. He waited for Chanyeol to pick up but that never happened.

"The number you have called is not available" 

Hell this is ing insane. Chanyeol always picked up his calls. It was part of his job to do so. Did the world came to an end while he was sleeping. Well that couldn't be but he did looked through his kitchen's window just to be sure. The was something off with the view. They were supposed to be in the middle of August but it was raining outside. He didn't have time to figure out the weather if he wanted to keep his job. He decided to grab a cab, get to his office, explain that he was literally dying and come back home. Before he got dressed he swallowed a couple of painkillers and wished the pain away. 

Jongin sat across the armchair on his living room were he would place his clothes for the next day. He stared at it with his arms crossed. Where did that suit came from? Did the guy he had over at his place left it? Jongin looked at the suit again, it was his exactly his style. Maybe it was his. He decided to wear it anyway. It took him a while to put it on with all of his body parts feeling heavy. He hated Mondays. He brushed his hair and crawled out of the apartment like a living zombie. He locked the door behind and went down the stairs. Maybe his luck wasn't so bad after all. He easily found an empty cab on his street and got in. He asked the driver to leave him at the ridiculously tall building that was D.O corporation. Before he enter the building he watched while a shiny black Mercedes stop in front of him. He recognised the car as Kyungsoo and he waited to greet him. But it was a blonde stranger that came out of the car instead of his boss. Jongin had never met his face before but he felt another wave of nausea rising while he looked at him. He needed to visit the bathroom like five minutes ago. He rushed through the revolving door and when he reached the bathroom he throw up whatever he had for breakfast. He felt a cold shiver and he knew that it was a stupid idea to have come all the way here. The hangover, if that was really the case, was getting worse. He was his hands and rinsed his mouth with cold water. He looked at his reflection on the mirror. He was a mess, his hair was… longer? He put a mint on his mouth and he walked slowly all the way to the elevator. When the doors opened he slipped inside. There was lady already inside. She greeted him politely but he didn't recognize her. Maybe she hadn't been working for a long time. He got off the elevator at the thirtieth floor. The people he passed through became silent when they noticed him and their eyes followed him. He felt relieved when he found Chanyeol hiding behind the file cabinet probably waiting his arrival. Chanyeol's eyes widened when he noticed him. He kinda looked funny but Jongin wasn't in the mood for jokes. The initial shock was replaced by a strange flame that Jongin had a problem to identify. Was Chanyeol angry? Was he worried? Did he looked that bad?

"What do you think you are doing here?"

"I know i ask myself the same question. I really shouldn't be here. But i am not the one to put my personal affairs above my job." Chanyeol scoffed . He scoffed at him! Couldn't the giant be a bit sympathetic with his friend's situation?

"That's rich coming from you!" He suddenly looked around alarmed.

"You can't be seen here! If Kyungsoo sees you he is going to flip!" Jongin was suddenly aware he had missed the timing of the meeting and Kyungsoo probably had to cancel or abandon the whole project because of him.

"Oh no Kyungsoo must be furious i need to speak with him and apologize." Chanyeol scoffed again. His friend acted strange, he had never scoffed at him before and now he had done it twice. 

"You think an apology is going be enough after what you did? I can't let you meet Kyungsoo. Firstly it could get me in trouble and secondly i don't want to." Jongin searched through his best friend's eyes to see that mischievous spark that was always hiding there when Chanyeol played pranks on him. Because this must have been some kind of joke. Jongin hadn't messed up so bad and it wasn't even his fault. He head was hurting like a and his vision was blurry. Hell he was barely even standing at his own feet. Why is he so out of luck today? The doors of Kyungsoo's office opened and the blonde stranger from earlier came out. He was smiling and Jongin had to admit his smile was dashing, annoyingly so. Jongin didn't let the opportunity slip away he run and made it through the open door. He left the door to close behind him and he froze at his feet. He momentarily forgot the pain and the nausea. The first day he was introduced to Kyungsoo, Jongin had walked inside the room with confidence and made an interesting observation.

"The walls are grey. Why are they grey?" Kyungsoo had looked at him like he never expected anyone to make such a question.

"Are they supposed to be a different colour?" Kyungsoo had asked his new employee with curiosity.

"They could be… ahhh blue!" A week later Jongin had walked in the office and when he noticed the adorable baby blue colour of the walls it had put a smile on his face. There were so many fond memories Jongin had of his boss. One time Jongin dared to about his favourite subject , his height.

"You must have so much trouble Kyungsoo being so small. Like, what if you get a tall boyfriend? How will you manage?" Kyungsoo a wise man as he was chose to ignore him. But Jongin wasn't giving up. 

"I am like half a head taller than you. You would hurt your neck trying to kiss me." That got him the reaction he wanted. Kyungsoo tilted his head to the side and looked up to him with a really intimidating look.

"Do you want to put that theory to a test or are you going to work for a change?" That had properly shut him up for the rest of the day and Kyungsoo had a smirk plastered on his face for the most of it. 

But today the man across from Jongin didn't resemble the boss he was so excited to meet every day. Kyungsoo looked different. He was sad or mad an intense feeling was eating him away yet his eyes looked empty. It was like someone had stolen the passion of the man standing in front of him. And then their eyes meet. Kyungsoo was in pain, worse than his own. It was terrifying.

"Kyungsoo are you okey?" His voice was hesitant but he knew the other had heard him. Kyungsoo scoffed. Why was everyone scoffing at him today?

"Am i supposed to be okey? Are you okey?" He asked but he wasn't really looking at Jongin anymore like he was trying to hide from him.

"No i am a huge mess. I honestly feel like i am dying." There was a silence between them, Kyungsoo probably didn't paid attention to what he was saying he seemed lost " Can't you say something like 'You always feel like you are dying when you have to work' and we can just laugh and forget about it?" Kyungsoo snapped his head so quickly Jongin was scared he might broken something. But Kyungsoo furious eyes was clearly focused on him now.

"What are you talking about? Forget about it? How can i ever forget? Are you insane or do you really want to see me angry? Cause i swear i am going to lose my mind if you don't get out of here!" Kyungsoo made a few step closer to him. Was he really serious about throwing him out because he was late to work. His head was becoming too heavy to faction. 

"What? No! Kyungsoo wait. I don't understand why this mistake was so important but i am going to fix it. I am sorry Kyungsoo, please." Jongin had never seen Kyungsoo like this. The man looked so broken like he was barely put together. Maybe he was sick as well?

"What are you saying? Is this an act? Are you joking with me? I can't Jongin, please stop trying to mess with my head."

"Kyungsoo i…" Jongin felt his energy drain from his body he reach out to Kyungsoo as if he wanted to hold on to him. Just like that he dropped only for Kyungsoo to catch him before he fell on the floor.