Once, i had amnesia

Once, the lucky one!

(back to the present)

Jongin was slowly regaining his senses. He felt wrapped up with something soft all over his body except his feet , they felt cold. A welcoming smell reached him, it was clean and refreshing. He started hearing noises around him. But they didn't sound very clear.

"So i bit into my ice cream while it was still wrapped up and i ending up eating a bit of the paper. It wasn't as bad as i thought, but now i am worried" a youthful male voice was in some kind of conversation with another person. Jongin wanted to look at them but his eyes wouldn't open just yet.

"It is alright, the paper probably won't be digest by your stomach so it will be disposed with the rest of the wastes" the female voice explained with a bored tone. Jongin believed that both of the owners of this voices were very close to his numb body so he tried shaking himself. The younger sounding male must have been looking at him because he immediately noticed.

"My boyfriend is waking up! Go away nurse, I don't want the first thing he sees to be your ugly face." Jongin really wanted to take a look at the guys face and when he tried to open his eyes he was actually able to do it. He first noticed the white walls that surrounded him. He was on a bed, covered with white sheets, his legs protruded from the bed. He turned his head to the side and that when he saw him. The man on his side was wearing a pair of tight ripped jeans that hugged nicely his long legs and had a white shirt on. A very thin fabric that you could almost see through his slender muscular body and his broad shoulders. The guy was staring at him with a cute smile on his unfairly handsome face. Jongin chose to focus on his hair that was dyed a dark shade of copper, but he was drawn back to the strangers eyes when he pushed his face closer. Jongin was going to ask him to move but the stranger spoke first.

"I told the nurse i your , she was like whatever but she can't fool Oh Sehun i saw that glint on her eye. She will be thinking about it for a week. Also i call dibs on the hot doctor." He finished his sentence in one breath while he tucked Jongin's exposed skin back under the sheets. 

"What.. doctor.. who?" Jongin head was clear and there was no pain remaining from his morning of hell but it seemed that his hearing now was betraying him. That was when a man in his thirties wearing a white robe came into the room. With the passing of the next few hour Jongin became even more confused because not only the stranger didn't leave him alone. He stayed by his side during his medical examination and when the doctor started to ask him questions he was still there never interrupting but instead paying close attention to his answers. Jongin hadn't noticed before but the stranger seemed to be worried about him. Maybe Sehun was the guy that he met last night. The one who had left him that note. Maybe he looked for him and found him in this hospital. Jongin was kinda glad because he was pretty much alone here. Why was he alone? He had passed out at his boss office but he was left alone in the hospital. Where was Chanyeol? He couldn't really have left his best friend alone in this state. Something was off.

"What is wrong with me?" He asked and the doctor exchanged a knowing look with Sehun like they had their own conspiracy. The doctor then sit down by his side and smiled reassuringly.

"You had a concussion from falling and hitting your head last night"

"But i don't remember that" Jongin felt like the doctor was messing with him. If he really hit his head that hard he should remember that no matter how drunk he was.

"You should remember, your MRI came clean, that means we don't have to worry about a brain haemorrhage but it looks like you have retrograde amnesia. You have seemed to lost memories of your resend past." 

Amnesia so Jongin wasn't going crazy. He just didn't understand what was happening because he lost a few memories. 

"You will need to take it slow for the next few days to recover but i am sure your friend will take care of you." The doctor looked at Jongin and then at Sehun who immediately nodded like it was the normal thing to do.

"What? Do you mean him?" Sehun's head snapped at him when Jongin pointed at him. Sehun looked confused but that wasn't Jongin's fault. "I don't know him!" Sehun was definitely hurt now.

"How dare you! How could you forget all of this?" He said pointing at himself. Jongin internally agreed because how could he forget Sehun. The man looked like he stepped out of a fashion magazine. Not that Jongin would ever admit of his habits to fanboy over magazines models. 

"That is surprising" the doctor stated. "He was the first number on your emergency call list so i thought he was someone close to you" the doctor looked awkward but Jongin was also feeling the same. Sehun on the other hand was livid. 

"We are close, we even live together!" Jongin was taken aback. The guy was way to worked up and spreading nonsense. Maybe he had involved with someone crazy last night?

"Look Sehun i don't remember what happened between us last night cause i have amnesia apparently but i can't live with you. I mean thanks for caring but it's a little weird that you do because we only met last night and I don't even remember it anyway." Jongin was hoping this would alarm the doctor of the other guys crazy behaviour but the doctor was looking at him like he was the crazy one. Sehun came closer, put his hands on Jongin's shoulders and shook them a little.

"What the are you on Jongin, we've known each other for a year!" Then the doctor quickly realised a surprised "Ohh" and they both turned to look at him.

"This is surprising but it could be… Can you tell me what the date is?" Jongin had to think about for a second.

"It's Monday, August 15 of 2019" the hands on his shoulders immediately dropped. The look of shock at Sehun's face was very alarming. Suddenly he would prefer Sehun return to his previous invasive self.

"I am afraid you have lost a bigger part of your memories that i had suspected" the doctor was being careful with his words and Jongin would appreciate normally but right now he wanted answers so he looked at Sehun pleading.

"Jongin it's September 19" Sehun returned the look just as miserable. "Of 2020"

 

A year a whole year of his life gone. And they expected them to just believe that. Because Sehun said so.

"I don't believe you" he admitted but he tried not to sound rude. Sehun was still the only person who seemed to care about him right now.

"I have proof to show you" he approached him carefully with his phone on his hand. "Google it" Sehun left him his phone and Jongin typed 'What day is today' and before he could search it the date had already appeared.

"September 19, 2020" he read out loud. He close the internet tab and his eyes fell on Sehun's home screen picture. It was him and Sehun at some kind of nightclub wearing questionable revealing clothing. Sehun's face lit up when he noticed Jongin's attention was on the picture.

"Oh yes, that is the night we first met. Best night of your life. Your words not mine." Jongin looked up to him clearly expect a few more details of the best night of his life and Sehun looked pain to have to explain everything that went down.

"Well you came at the stripclub i was working… as a stripper" he glanced at the doctor who had a scandalized expression and he smirked " it's an occasional thing" he said like that made it all better. "And when you show my performance you couldn't keep your eyes of me, it was adorable. But it made your boyfriend mad jealous. I called him a funsized guard dog and he called me a boringsized . It was the funniest thing ever!" He paused his rumbling to laugh at the memories but then he noticed the confusion resting on Jongin's face.

"We are not dating?" Jongin had to ask because the Sehun so far had given him the idea that they were a little closer than just friends.

"I wouldn't dare make a move Kyungsoo would kill me" at the mention of Jongin's boss he suddenly remembered how weird Kyungsoo had reacted when he saw him this morning.

"Why would Kyungsoo be mad at you?"

"Cause he is your boyfriend. Was your boyfriend? I think you guys broken up but you were pretty vague when i asked you about it. Actually you have been acting strange for a little while." Sehun went on but Jongin mind had gone completely blank. There is no way he dated Kyungsoo. Not in the past year, or the present year or ever! Kyungsoo was… Kyungsoo! He didn't date. And Jongin also didn't date. Not his boss at least.

"How am i supposed to believe that?" 

"Well if you can't believe me i can take you to Kyungsoo's house to confirm it with him" well that wasn't the answer he expected. Sehun wanted to take him to Kyungsoo's house. If he could just drive to the billionaire's place uninvited that meant Sehun really wasn't joking.So he agreed to go. 

 

While they were driving JOngin made Sehun stop at a convenience store to buy a magazine. “Look at this! For me this is the wrong year and there are stories in here about celebrities that i haven’t even heard of before” it was so hard to believe that he had lost the memories of dating his billionaire boss. He would have believed that aliens existed but him dating Kyungsoo was impossible. Sehun was looking at him intensively every time he shook his head disbelieving. “Why would i date Kyungsoo. I mean he is rich and good looking but i wouldn’t date someone just for that” Jongin didn’t have a dating requirements list but he always thought of dating someone whose personality he could fall in love with, not just dating a convenient guy or even a very impressive one. 

“I don’t know either.” Sehun shrugged and continued sharing his unnecessary opinions  “Sometimes it seemed to me you didn’t even liked the guy. You two would be constantly bickering and fighting. You were like two individuals fires set side by side each trying to concur the other. But instead of one of you prevailing and putting the others fire out you just seemed to fuel each other making your fires stronger more intense.”

“That doesn’t sound like a healthy relationship” 

“I agree, but it looked like you had fun and you know, i probably wasn't there when you had your best moments” Jongin caught on Sehun suggestive tone and he immediately smacked him in the head. How could he suggest that Kyungsoo and Jongin had … private moments. The two of them doing… My god! Now he was having interesting thoughts that would never leave his head.  Sehun brought him back to reality when he stopped the car outside of Kyungsoo’s apartment complex. Kyungsoo lived at the most expensive two floored maisonette at the top of every other apartment. But that wasn’t really a surprise. Sehun push the doorbell of the outside gate of the complex. Kyungsoo himself was the one to reply and that was a bit of a surprize.

“Who the is it?”

“Who the do you think it is? Jesus? Your saviour? Nah-ah it is Oh Sehun the stripper of your heart!” the little self introduction brought a smile at Jongin’s face but he soon remember why the were hear and he became nervous.

“What are you doing here?” Kyungsoo voice didn’t reveal any emotion, maybe he didn’t care that Sehun was right outside his home.

“We need to talk, i am with Jongin” after that there was a long pause and the the gates were open. They drive through and parked the car at the very first empty spot. Sehun opened the door for him and allowed Jongin to lean on his arm while they made their way to Kyungsoo’s house. Jongin felt odd getting help from Sehun and his discomfort must have shown cause the young man lean closer and whispered.

“When you get your memories back i will get back my friend. So i will make sure to help you until then.” It was meant to be reassuring but Jongin wonder miserably how did he managed to make a friend like Sehun and then forget about him. Sehun took the initiative to talk first to Kyungsoo. Even if he hadn’t Jongin would have been to nervous to do it himself. They talked quietly between them both stealing glances at Jongin who was left out of their conversation. Suddenly Kyungsoo laughed but it didn’t sound like the familiar heart warming laugh Jongin was able to hear every once in a blue moon while they worked together. His laugh was dark and strange. Kyungsoo’s demeanor was strange and Jongin wanted to ask if that was his fault. Kyungsoo’s attention was on him and that somehow scared him.  

“So you say you have amnesia now?That's pretty convenient isn’t it?” Jongin didn’t understand his boss constant anger. Kyungsoo had always been patient with him even when he made terrible mistakes at work.

“Gosh if i look at the innocent confusion on your face for a minute longer i am going to actually believe you. How do you do that? Picked up some acting lessons? And you even drugged Sehun into this. Why? Do you wanna make fun of me? Are you going to record my stupid reaction to laugh at it? Are there hidden cameras around the room?” He turn around the movements of his body completely uncoordinated.

“Are you drunk?”

“No” he answered a little too quickly to not look suspicious.

“Kyungsoo i don't remember what happened between us, if i did something to hurt you i am sorry but you have to believe me” there was a silence like Kyungsoo was starting to contemplate the things Jongin had just told him.

“So you say you don’t remember this too?” Kyungsoo runned towards him he slipped his arm around Jongin’s neck and he pulled him down crushing their lips together. Kyungsoo felt Jongin going stiff from the shock and he smiled while he sealed Jongin lips with his own. Jongin’s body was frozen but his mind was running. Too many thoughts and emotions overwhelmed him. He suddenly felt tears running down from his eyes. Kyungsoo felt them too. He pushed Jongin face to the side putting an end to his inappropriate action. Was it inappropriate? He was maybe a little too drunk to decide. Jongin placed a hand on his lip feeling disgusted.

“How could you?” his hands runned through his hair and then he grabbed Kyungsoo and handed him a medical envelope.

“I don't need your help. I don't need anyone.” he runned away and Sehun was soon to follow him. Kyungsoo opened the envelope violently almost tearing its content apart. The papers confirm his fears. Jongin was saying the truth and he had been too much of an to believe him.