The Unofficial Start

It's The Afternoon

“Wooyoung often forgets to eat, he’s so busy with his schedule that his focus is always somewhere else and eating is put on the backburner,” Junho explained to the interviewer. “It’s why you always see us feeding him, not only cause he accepts it quickly because he just forgets to eat.”

“Ahhhh,” the interviewer nodded a bit awkwardly, because while Junho still might be smiling and teasing, a note of seriousness had washed over his face and tinged his words. 

“And then Taec-hyung is always working out and all…” Junho continued to answer the original question, What’s the worst habit about each of your members? Now without the sad smile. Junho despite being an idol for so long was still learning how to conceal his emotions properly, make sure nothing was ever too serious because then he lost his appeal. He shook his head and concentrated again on the interview. 

Soon it was over and he got to go back to the dorms. He didn’t feel that tired today, it had been a very mild day and mild days were good. But still, it felt too early to go back to the dorm right now, it would probably be empty. 

So Junho stayed out for a while more, visiting his juniors, going out to cafes and taking walks by himself. It wasn’t lonely, though of course he would’ve liked for s to be there with him, he didn’t feel particularly sad. Content was the right word. And he was ready for that feeling to be amplified when he returned to the dorm finally. He used his key and entered gracefully. Nichkhun gave him a warm smile, he was sitting on the couch and Chansung was next to him, eyes glued to his phone. Minjun came out of the kitchen and gave a small greeting, then yelled for Taecyeon, who emerged from the hallway leading to the bedrooms less than a minute later. 

Wooyoung wasn’t home yet.

Junho sighed, but still sat down with s at the couch and revelled the feeling of contentment, though it hadn’t peaked yet. But eventually it was too late, and the members retired to their rooms, having a little moment alone before sleeping. Junho stayed, on the couch with scarce light and his instagram open on his phone. 

Finally the last piece to make him content came through the door at around eleven in the night (which wasn’t too bad). Wooyoung came in with half closed eyes and a stifled yawn. He jumped when he saw Junho though. “Why are you awake?” Wooyoung accused. 

“I could be asking you the same thing,” Junho said dryly, getting up. “We have to wake up early tomorrow, when was the last time you ate?” He watched Wooyoung scratch his head, and shook his own head. When Wooyoung finally came up with an answer, it was less than fine. So Junho lead the other man into the kitchen, sat him down and looked through the fridge for the leftovers Minjun had put away for this exact reason. 

“You didn’t have to stay up,” Wooyoung said drowsily, he was sleepy, and so was Junho. But Wooyoung would be losing even more energy (and weight) if he didn’t eat, then it would become even more serious. 

“I don’t understand why you stay back at the studios even after your already busy schedule,” Junho put the plate of food into the microwave and pressed the button. 

“Maybe if I get it right faster, they’ll ease up my schedule and I can spend more time with you guys,” Wooyoung muttered softly, Junho’s eyes shot up. It wasn’t like Woo to express his thoughts this way instead of brushing them off with a quip and a smile. So the younger softened and handed the food to the other, who started off eating slow and then absolutely tore into the food. It broke Junho’s heart to see Wooyoung eat so viciously, the latter didn’t even realize how hungry he was sometimes. 

“You should say that your schedule is too much, JYP will listen, at least a little bit,” Junho sat down next to Wooyoung on the dining table. 

“If I can’t handle this…” Wooyoung trailed off. 

“This isn’t about you being talented, I’m sure not even Einstein overworked himself the way you do!” Junho exclaimed. “Wooyoungie, you won’t be able to be your best if you’re stressed out like this, you’ll collapse.” 

“I-” Wooyoung paused, his eyes sparkling and wet. “I don’t know what to do,” He admitted finally. 

“It’s okay, we’re here to help you,” Junho murmured, taking away the empty plate and putting it in the sink. Wooyoung rubbed his eyes and stifled yet another yawn, which in turn caused Junho to yawn too. Junho grabbed Wooyoung and led them both to the hallway, or tried too, it was late and he got sleepy fast so it was more of him loosely holding Wooyoung’s arm. And now that the latter was actually here, the former’s adrenaline and motivation had left him to be a sleepy husk. Not that Wooyoung was off better. 

So in a sleepy daze with drooping limbs, Junho pulled Wooyoung into his bed, and if either of them were conscious enough to care, they didn’t say anything. They both collapsed onto Junho’s bed. 

“You know I’m still older than you right,” Wooyoung said, as they shuffled under the blanket. 

“I think god must’ve made some mistake,” Junho replied. Wooyoung tried to slap his arm but only resulted in a light tap, his hand resting there long after. They were sleepy, but for some reason, their talk felt unfinished. “Even physically, I’m telling you you’re smaller than me,”

“As if,” Wooyoung snorted. 

“I can pick you up, I have, several times,” Junho grinned. He liked this newfound power, he was getting stronger and stronger. Next stop was Minjun, and that was probably about as much as he could pick. Maybe Nichkhun but he didn’t know if he wanted to put in that much work. Wooyoung laughed, and Junho realized he’d said his thoughts out loud. “Okay yes, it’s time to sleep,”

“Good night,” Wooyoung whispered. Junho opened his mouth but found himself too tired to actually produce any sound. 

In the morning, when they wake up in a heap of tangled limbs with Wooyoung’s head on Junho’s chest and both of them drowsy, if either of them were conscious enough to care as they messily left the bed, they didn’t say anything.