Chapter 3

Mine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Your pov:

It’s been a month since I started working as a manager of Red Velvet. In that time I quickly got used to the work, the shedules, sleeping times, each members needs and about the kpop world. As I got to know the members better they started to open up little by little. I got along with everyone much better except for Irene. She’s still the cold and distanced rude girl I met on the frist day but it did got a little better. She’s at least not glaring at me so often anymore.

As I learned more about the kpop world and what it all takes to a an idol my respect for the girls grew day by day. The expectations are high, pressure is always around and freedom doesn’t exist in their dictionary. It’s sad, it’s really sad, having camreas following every step of you and not being able to do or say what you want. Everything is limited and you have to be careful all the time. No wonder most idols fall into deep depression..and it’s even sadder that the korean goverment won’t see it as a serious matter. Shina and I talk a lot about those things, it’s the same in japan, eventho the idols are more free over there, it’s still the peer pressure that’s around.

The current issue with us is the hot topic of Irene’s resting face. Netizens are accuing her of being cold and arrogant because of the way she looks. Not that I don’t agree, she does have a resting face sometimes, but why assume that she’s cold and attack her like that…I’ve seen her interactions with her members, how she cares and looks out for them, it’s just not fair to judge someone you don’t know in general. Sadly we can’t do much about it..

«Are you alright?», I approached Irene in the waiting room and handed her a bottle of water. She’s the MC of music bank along with Park Bogum, one oft he most successful actors nowdays.

«Hmh thank you», she said and took the bottle.

«I can see that something’s bothering you, but I’ll respect your answer», I said and sat down on the couch. She looked at me from the mirror.

«Just tell me when you need something alright?», I said, making sure she knows that she’s not alone. Still silence. She’s been looking at me with a straight face, studying my movements and words.

« Why would you help me ? », she suddenly asked.

«Huh why? Because I’m your manager», I said as Irene looked down on her hands looking a bit upset with my response.

« And believe it or not, I care for you. You seem like a kind human being despite the looks you give me sometimes I can feel your passion for your work, your love for your members and the hardwork you put in whatever you do », I cointunued as she finally looked up again this time with a confused look.

« What ? », I said.

« You don’t even know me »

« I don’t need to know someone personally to treat them kind and with respect do I?», I crossed my arms. It took a while for her to receive my message but her small smile showed that she understood me.

«You really are weird», she finally said after some silence.

«Wha- Hey why am I weird!», I asked confused not knowing why it should be weird to treat everyone with respect.

«It’s just-»

«Bae Irene please be ready we will start in 5 minutes», a staff said in front of the door. I got up and went over to her.

«You got this», I said and went out of the waiting room to the stage hall.

 

«Hello everyone welcome back to another episode of Music bank!», Irene and Bogum chanted together as soon as the live show started.

Everything went smooth, until Irene began to act weird. She’s not as bright as she was at the beginning. Seems like she has a lot on her mind, probably suddenly remembered the malicious comments..

« Irene-sshi please introduce the next song », Bogum said with a bright smile, not noticing how uncomfortable she’s been feeling the last minutes. I walked closer towards the stage and waved with my hands, making Irene notice me right away. She looked down to me and I gave her a big smile with a thumbs up before the staff dragged me away, which made her laugh a little. Guess seeing me suffer and embarrassing myself made her mind more at peace than the thumb up I just gave her, I thought.

« Yes, Bogum-sshi. The next perfromance will be held by Twice with their new song *Feel Special*, please look forward to it», she said and smiled into the camera.

Meanwhile, I got kicked out of the stage hall lmao. Well guess I’ll be chilling in the waiting room for now. As I made my way to our room I bumped into a random girl, again.

« Oh sh*t I’m so sorry», I said right away as I saw that I spitted water on her hand.

«It’s okay it’s okay don’t worry, it didn’t got on my clothes», the female said and shook the water off. I looked up at the girl.

«Still, sorry», I said and bowed, while trying to find something to wipe her hands. Of course I had nothing with me ffs.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter