Chapter 1

Mine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Your pov:

It’s been a year since I started dating someone of koreas top girl group, red velvet. How I made it? Long story actually.

My parents moved abroad when I was just 5 years old. I don’t really remember the reason why they did but I guess it’s because of business and safety reasons. The country I immigrated to is famous for it’s safety, for recycling, chocolate, watches, money issues and nature. The panorama of mountains and fresh air is something this country will hopefully never lose. It’s name? Switzerland.

So how come a family from south korea decided to move to such a small country? It’s not even evident on the map because it’s surrounded by much bigger countries as france, germany and italy. The reason? Money and business. Even during world war II, with all the other countries around it fighting each other, switzerland stayed neutral which made them the good name and so on.

Well that aside, I got bullied during my early school days as there aren’t many asians around in my town except me back then. I don’t hold grudges as my parents raised me so, that’s why, when my bullies apologized to me as we grew older, I forgave them. I mean it’s also thanks to them that I am who I am today. The older I got, the further I travelled from my village. In a big city like zurich I found myself making some friends who were kinda obsessed with the korean culture. I didn’t mind their likings and corrected them wehenever they try to act all cringy with korean phrases. I’m happy that my parents talk in korean with me, that’s why I’m still fluent.

Someday I found myself getting more and more interested in the culture of my home country. The people, the rules, the food, everything fascinates me more and more. When I got my degree in photography, I decided to move back to korea on my own, leaving my precious friends behind. Of course I’d still be in contact with them but I mean, it’s my dream and purpose after all and luckily they support me. My parents on the other side were worried at the thought of me going back to korea all by myself. But I convienced them that I’ll be alright.

That’s when I moved to korea. The culture shock was even bigger than I expected it to be but that won’t hold me back, I will start my life over here. The first 3 months were hell, I was all alone, had my tiny apartment and my hopes of finding purpose in life.

One night, when I walked along the roads of Hongdae, I made some friends without even thinking of making some. But it was worth it because they became part of my life and people I adore. I experienced my first heartbreak in korea, the girl I worked with, the girl I loved, the girl I first dated cheated on my with some random guy. How I found out?

South korea may be big and the chance of walking into someone you know iss mall but if luck is on your side, god will show you the way and he did that for me. I was hanging out with my friends at a cafe when she suddenly entered, hand in hand with her date. That’s how I found out. I quickly ended things eventho I didn’t want to cause I loved her, I loved her so much until I realized, I’ve been loving her even more than I loved myself, that was the dead line, I broke up and quitted the job I had at the same company as her. It took me almost a year to get over her, I became more distanced and careful, more cold and quiet for my own safety. Over that year I had some part time jobs here and there until I finally pulled myself together. I came all the way to korea, my home country, to make something out of myself and be happy, just what have I been thinking?

Luckily my friends helped with with several job applications as I never did it myself. My ex got me the job at my previous workplace so I never experienced job interviews.

«Yah it’s gonna be alright don’t worry too much», a friend of mine said. That’s Jonghyun, my best friend. I found out that he worked under a company called S.M entertaiment not long ago as he hid the fact that he’s an artist when we first met. He didn’t want to reveal his identity as he thought I could be a sasaeng or whatever that means but as soon as we got to know each other over some sojus, our bond became stronger.

«He’s right, as sad as it sounds, koreans only care for looks and you got them, you’re really pretty and even somehow handsome………..when you don’t talk or move HAHAHA», my other friend said. His name’s Daniel, he’s a foreigner and we met through jonghyun as he somehow is his manager or so.

«Jeez I wanna show my skills not my looks ffs», I said annoyed. The fact that koreans are obsessed with looks had always been an issue for me but I never knew it would also affect you when you try to get a job.

«Ah btw my company asked you in for an interview», Jonghyun said as he laid on the floor.

«Huh really?! That was fast!»

«Yeah I showed them your application and they wanted to scout you as a trainee first lmao»

«I hope you declined», I frowned, my last wish on earth was to be an idol. Hard training for years just top lease some people? No thanks, I don’t even like dancing. Being an idol is harder than people think. Jonghyung is a senior already but he still struggles sometimes. That’s just not my world.

«No worries I declined», he said and smirked. I don’t know why but I felt uneasy at the way he smirked at me, it’s like he planned something.

The next morning I drove to the company of jonghyun. As busy as an idol is, he had shedules and coulnd’t accompany me but I will be fine by myself. He helped me a lot already. I pulled in and parked before making my way into the large hall. The entrance was full of people or fans I guess. They were waiting and hoped to see one of their idols walking eithe rin or out. As I ste

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter