oo1

RUMOR (ATEEZ Wooyoung Fanfiction)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

oo1

 

"... The famous news caster Park Seonghee was confirmed to be reporting hoax news and was guilty of the accusations, and hereby punished to be put in jail..."

 

"Why..."

"... Did she do it?" 

 

Seo Jinahn dropped the banana milk on her lap as she stared at the television blankly, before she heard her mother's voice calling for her. 

 

"Jinahn-ah..."

 

She looked behind the couch to her mother sitting on her bed, her back leaning on the head board. The woman smiled at her daughter lovingly, eyes b with tears seeing how much hurt her daughter had become after watching the news. She opened her arms, beckoning her the younger to come closer to her embrace. 

 

And Jinahn did, finally letting the tears fall. 

 

Ever since then, Seo Jinahn was never the same again. 

 

✳✳✳

 

Seo Jinahn dreamed of becoming a great news caster, reporting only the truth and exposing the bad just like her idol, Park Seonghee. 

 

But that was before. 

 

Ever since the news about the news caster went out and spread like a wildfire, the twenty-one year old girl went against her principles, dropping the ideal that news casters should only deliver truth and nothing else, serving the mass people. 

 

She leaned the back of her head on the chair after taking a sip of her cafe latte, sighing at the warmth it gave her whole body. 

 

Looking up the ceiling of the cafe, she let the happenings that morning in their office in her mind. 

 

✳✳✳

 

"Come on, Jinahn!" Editor Yoo threw the paper on the table harshly, looking up at the news writer frustratingly. 

 

Jinahn just stared at the editor meekly, knowing fully well that she'll be getting a proper scolding big time. 

 

"I clearly told you to give me an interesting topic, right?" The editor huffed. "I cut you a slack assigning you the entertainment news because I know you're still a newbie!" She tapped on Jinahn's work harshly. 

 

"But what did you give me? A male actor to star on a film?" She arched one brow. "Who would be attracted to this topic, huh? He's an actor, of course he'll star in a film!" She made circling motions near her ear, eyeing the younger mockingly. "Are you retarded, or just plainly stupid?" She scoffed. 

 

Jinahn bowed slightly, before reaching for her article on top of the editor's desk. "I'm sorry, I'll give you another article by the end of this week. I'll make it better than this one." She answered softly. 

 

"You should!" The editor snarled before rolling her eyes, turning her swivel around so her back was the only thing the newbie news caster can see. 

 

"I'll be taking my leave." Jinahn bowed one last time, before stepping out of the Editor's Office to find some interesting topic to feature. 

 

Seo Jinahn works as a News Writer for that weekly issuing newspaper right after she graduated college. She's new to this job, so she's still in the process of adjusting. She used to be so passionate with her work but after the incident wherein her role model was confirmed guilty by reporting lies, the young lady dropped her dream of being a news caster that appears on television and just settled on becoming a news writer instead, in a cheap news agency. 

 

Well, not that her company's actually cheap. They just dont have that much of a patron yet. 

 

✳✳✳

 

Hearing the chimes of the cafe sounding made Jinahn shift her attention to the door where a guy wearing sunglasses and a fedora hat stepped in.

 

Upon entering, he scanned the surroundings. Seeing that there were only a few customers in the area, the guy reached for his hat, removing it from his head and that's when Jinahn's eyes widened. 

 

Quickly straightening up on her seat, she studied the guy's every move. He seems to be looking for someone this time as he was moving his head from one side to another then back again. 

 

But what really caught her attention was the existence of the guy himself. He was Wooyoung, she knew. 

 

Ateez's member, Wooyoung. 

 

What could be the reason for him to visit the place? This the girl thought. Realizing that it was probably none of her business, she shrugged her shoulders before reaching for the mug of coffee on her table. 

 

Another person from the table across her caught the young news writer's attention year again. She was a middle aged woman and she was waving her hand in the air, as if catching someone's attention. 

 

She smil

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter