oo3

RUMOR (ATEEZ Wooyoung Fanfiction)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

oo3

 

"So this time it's an idol having a sugar mommy?" Editor Yoo tossed Jinahn's article on her desk before crossing her arms on top of her chest. "Is this even real?" She arched one brow at the younger. 

 

The young news writer tried her best to not roll her eyes. She looked at the seat in front of the editor's table, finding interest on the furniture instead of what the editor was telling her. "So?" 

 

She heaved a sigh before looking at the editor who was cocking one brow at her. "Well, I have a photo with me. Good enough to serve as a proof to me." She mused. 

 

The editor opened her palm, ushering for the younger to give her the proof and Jinahn was quick to get her phone from her pocket. 

 

She navigated to where the photo was and showed it to the editor, placing it on top of her opened hand. 

 

She waited for a few seconds looking down until she heard the editor's chilly voice, tossing her phone on top of the article she worked so hard for, pulling an all nighter just so she could provide some entertaining news. 

 

"Fine, have it included in the next week's issue. But if it fails, then I'm kicking you out of this agency." Editor Yoo added the last sentence in an undertone, menacingly glaring at the younger who raised her head the moment she heard Editor Yoo speak. 

 

"Thank you!" Jinahn beamed. 

 

✳✳✳ 

 

Two weeks since the issue erupted, the news agency was celebrating because the newbie news writer was able to provide an interesting topic which the mass public has received positively (for their part, that is). Several television channels started searching for evidences too about the case and the editor could only shake her head in amusement, finally finding interest at the youngest member of their team. 

 

Editor Yoo soon suggested a mini celebration on a karaoke room after work and everyone was eager to know. 

 

The team found their selves fixing their stuffs after their shift in no time, ready to party all night long. And that's when the proof reader caught sight of Jinahn sneaking out of the office. 

 

"Hey! Jinahn-ssi!" The goofy proof reader shouted, successfully catching the youngest's attention from the way she flinched ever so lightly. 

 

She looked behind her, uneasily smiling at the grinning guy. "Yes?" She asked a little bit awkwardly, knowing fully well that she sent him another article but this time, a few grammatical errors only. 

 

He didn't call her attention because of that, right?

 

Other heads too, turned to their direction and she wished that the ground would just swallow her up. 

 

"Aren't you coming with us?" He smiled, looking at her expectantly. "We're actually celebrating your success!" He added. 

 

She smiled at him gratefully before speaking. But then, another worker cut her off. "Yeah, he's right! If not for your article then we're surely still working until our backs turned stiff!" Ms, Jang, their layout artist added, smiling at her kindly. 

 

"Yeah, come celebrate with us!"

 

She heard a few more persuasions from her team mates and she couldn't be any more grateful for their generosity.

 

But then...

 

Out of nowhere, the stern editor Yoo emerged from her office and seeing her people looking up at the door, with the newbie before it, she raised her brow at her. 

 

"What's this?" She asked.

 

It was news writer Na who answered her this time. "We're inviting Jinahnie to come, but she looks like she's ready to go." She said looking up at the head editor expectantly. "Please persuade her into coming with us," she added. 

 

Editor Yoo looked at Jinahn straight and the younger held her gaze, sharing an intense staring battle until she crossed her arms finally. "Yeah, come with us. We're actually celebrating because of your participation. It's your success. If not for that, then everything's not like this."

 

Jinahn tried her best to not roll her eyes at the older. "It's okay, you can celebrate your selves. My mother wants me home before 6 pm." She explained slowly, afraid of angering the editor. "I'll come the next time!" She added in a beaming tone, eyeing the workers that seemed to be disappointed by her response. 

 

But it's true though. Her mother always wants her home before the night sky turns dark, blabbering about how dangerous the city at night could be. 

 

After a few more mi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter