oo2

RUMOR (ATEEZ Wooyoung Fanfiction)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

oo2

 

BREAKING NEWS: Ateez member Jung Wooyoung having a sugar mommy?

 

Wooyoung's jaw dropped as the CEO presented the newspaper page to him, eyeing him sternly. 

 

"May I know the reason behind this news?"

 

He blinked numerous times as if doing that could give him enough reason to justify what he did. 

 

He wet his lips that has become dry ever since he saw the article on the CEO's desk. 

 

But oh, well, it was bound to be revealed soon anyway. 

 

He just didn't expect it to be this soon. 

 

"CEO-nim..." He started, rubbing his nape awkwardly, the CEO regarding him with a stern look.

 

"Actually..."

 

✳✳✳

 

"What?!" 

"Huh?" 

"Really?!" 

 

The news has urged different reactions from the members but one thing's for sure; 

 

They all find the rumor ridiculous. 

 

Nevertheless, the news that their member was having a sugar mommy has tickled their funny bone so all of them burst out laughing while Jung Wooyoung just sat in front of them in embarassment. 

 

"Wah, really? You're having a sugar mommy? That's unbelievable!" San laughed yet again, as he can't seem to get over the news. He laughed hard enough for his body to start leaning backwards, resting on the floor of their practice room. 

 

Yeosang could only snicker at the happenings, wiping a lone tear that escaped the side of his eye from laughing too much. 

 

Jongho followed San's body on the floor, both laughing hysterically while Hongjoong could only bite the inside of his cheek, keeping his self from laughing. He would occasionally cough for a few times trying to hold in his laughter. 

 

Wooyoung eyed him, hearing his awkward and forced cough.

 

"You could just laugh, you know." He grumbled before darting his gaze back at the front page of the news paper. Soon, his eyes shut tightly when he heard the leader's rich laughter which immediately accompanied by the other's laughs as well. 

 

"Yeah, laugh at me all you want. Lucky you guys didn't got involved in this kind of stupid rumor." He grumbled in an undertone, feeling pissed that there he was, feeling guilty all of a sudden because he was dragging the group's name into shame and yet they could only just laugh at him. 

 

"Hey, hey. How did the meeting with the CEO went though?" It was Seonghwa who talked this time, looking serious and curious at the same time. "Do you want to clear the misunderstanding in our SNS account?" The oldest offered kindly. 

 

Wooyoung sighed. "Well, that's the thing. CEO-nim told me to just stand back for now and just let them handle the issue. He said that speaking would only worsen the case. He told me to just trust them and focus on the upcoming showcase for the meantime." 

 

The members nodded at this finally. "But talking to ATINY's about it would not make it any worse, right?" Yunho suggested. "Let's tell them to just trust us, okay?" 

 

The others nodded at Yunho's suggestion. 

 

"Okay," Mingi stood up, closing the topic. "Let's all drop it and continue practicing, alright?" 

 

Soon one by one, members of the group stood up as they formed a circle before Hongjoong finally initiated their yell.

 

✳✳✳

 

That night, Ateez logged onto their SNS account with an important message;

 

Hi, this is Ateez. We know we're facing a rumor right now. But please do trust us and our Wooyoungie and everything will be over soon. 

We love you~

 

✳✳✳

 

Two weeks since the issue erupted, the members were instructed to be more careful about strolling down the city for their safety and to not attract possible reporters and paparazzi on their way. 

 

The day on their showcase, the group was interviewed before going upstage and the emcee had subtly opened up the topic. Being the obedient kids that they are, the group did not reveal anything of that matter but they talked about how everything will be fine after the mess.

 

But actually, everything's rubbing on him already.

 

Soon, his mother reached him through the phone demanding to see him after watching the news. He was instructed not to see anyone at the moment but he couldn't not see his worried parents. 

 

So he went to see them, goi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter