oo8

RUMOR (ATEEZ Wooyoung Fanfiction)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: it's the last one for this story. (T.T)

 

oo8

 

"Let me take you home at least!"

 

Wooyoung hollered from the swing and Jinahn paused on her tracks. Shutting her eyes tightly, she shook her head harshly before stomping her feet farther from the playground. 

 

Getting acquainted with Jung Wooyoung was never included in her plans. 

 

And the longer she mingles with him, the more trouble she encounters. 

 

First, the news saying she was telling lies. 

 

And now, the news that says she was dating Ateez' leader. 

 

Just how ridiculous could people be? 

 

✳✳✳

 

Arriving at her door step still deep in thoughts, Jinahn reached for the knob to turn the door to her house open if not only for the hand that stopped her from doing so by grasping her wrist. Knowing who was the person,  she made a blowfish before glaring up at the guy on her right who had his gaze fixated on her hand. 

 

"Let go." She hissed, tugging on her wrist that he held but he wouldn't budge.

 

"I said let go," she repeated this time menacingly, gritting her teeth. 

 

Wooyoung finally looked at her after she spit out the words, digging holes in her soul. Still, he didn't let go of her wrist and just stared at her, hard.

 

"Let go!" She screamed, yanking her arm harshly but instead of letting go, he just tightened his hold on her wrist. 

 

Feeling the frustration rising incalculably fast, she landed a slap on his right cheek  directing his head to his left. That's when his grip on her arm loosened. 

 

Jinahn breathed heavily for a few seconds, feeling her lids warming as  another set of tears brimmed her eyes again. 

 

"What else do you want?! You've already cleared your name and I was titled as the bad one! Just stop pestering me, will you?!" She shouted angrily, glaring at his face. 

 

The guy was speechless as the pain that was inflicted on his right cheek spread. Nevertheless, hearing her trembling voice always made his insides churn in a bad way and his heart to shatter to million smaller pieces. Unwillingly he turned to look at her, feeling an immense pain as he witnessed her red, crying face. He could even hear his own heart breaking as he let out the words. 

 

"Hongjoong-hyung and you..." He trailed off, his lips trembling ever so slightly. 

 

Jinahn was still glaring at him. Still mad at him. Even so, the girl stopped moving and wait for him to continue his words. 

 

"Are you guys dating?" He mumbled the last few words but enough for the female to hear. 

 

"What is it to you if we're dating or not?" She questioned, her eyes going blank as she stared up at him. "That's none of your business." 

 

There was no emotion in that stare. She wasn't even glaring at him anymore. No joy, no anger, just blank. 

 

And he hated it. 

 

Hearing her cold response caused a pang of jealousy in his heart. But being a prideful brat that he is, he spat back,snorting a little. 

 

"Well, Hongjoong hyung's kind and vulnerable. He's also perfect in every aspect. Being the perfect guy that he is, I can't let him date someone who's a fake and spread rumors just so she could be famous." He mocked. 

 

He saw her jaws tightened before she entered her house, not forgetting to slammed the door to his face. 

 

✳✳✳

 

Tired and exhausted, the ateez members dragged their butts off the aisle of that broadcasting studio. The group has just finished recording a variety show guesting and the hosts had made them so worked up and have drained them of their energy from too much fun and games. 

 

Nevertheless, they enjoyed every bit of their guesting.

 

Well, except for Wooyoung, that is. He had stayed up all night, pondering on the talk last night and sulking to the thought of she and his hyung dating. Nevertheless, he should not neglect his schedules just because of his personal feelings.

 

Arriving at the ground floor, the group reached the main lobby, where a huge LCD TV was positioned and a live telecast was playing. 

 

The other members ignored the news and Jung Wooyoung was supposed to just ignore it too being too tired and such. After all, he had his own shares of problems and hearing other people's concerns doesn't float his boat. But hearing that familiar sweet voice, he stopped on his tracks. 

 

"...My mother has a heart disease, and she needs to undergo a heart surgery. I remember telling her my dream of becoming a famous news caster someday and she would always tell me how she'll want to see me on TV, saying that she'll get well when she saw me on a live telecast..."

 

He recognized that voice. 

 

For sure, it was her. 

 

Wooyoung raised his vision that was originally directed on the floor to the  members who were walking farther and farther away from him. 

 

But then, turns out he wasn't the only who had stopped moving. 

 

"...and because she was ill, I promised myself I'll fulfill my dreams and make her proud every time I'll feature in the news..."

 

Kim Hongjoong was also frozen on the spot, the other members giving them questioning looks and confused stares.

 

"What's wrong with you two?" Seonghwa asked, approaching their leader and patting his back as he stared at Wooyoung who was farther from them. 

 

"... I just didn't expect that she'll see me on TV like this. In this situation. But hey," a chuckle. "It's still a live telecast, I'm just not sure if she'll get well— let alone feel better—watching me now..."

 

A small spark inside him ignited hearing the last sentence from her. Without thinking much, Wooyoung shot the other members a determined look before turning on his heels, running back to where they came from earlier, ignoring the calls from the other ateez members. 

 

"What's wrong with him?" Yunho mused as he stared at Wooyoung's disappearing figure. 

 

"Must have gone crazy..." Jongho shrugged, eyeing his hyungs one by one. 

 

"Kids, sorry. But I have somewhere to go." All heads turned to their leader. Hongjoong removed Seonghwa's hand on his shoulder then ran towards the reception desk, making them confused and bewildered more than ever. 

 

"Yah— hyung!" Yeosang shouted.

"What wrong with those people, really?" He exasperated. 

 

"I don't know..." Mingi mumbled to no one in particular before an idea popped into his mind. "Let's follow them!" He suggested. 

 

"What about manager-nim?" San asked only to get a slight punch on his forearm from their maknae, the older immediately wincing in pain. "Why are you so violent?"he hissed, nursing his arm.

 

"I'll handle him." He smiled as he wiggled his brows. 

 

"What?" All chorused at their maknae. 

 

"Come on, just follow them. Those two had been acting all weird ever since Wooyoung-hyung's rumor got cleared and Hongjoong-hyung's came out." He said before nodding slightly. "I think they're having some kind of a love triangle." He added. 

 

San, who was still busy rubbing his arm, silently agreed at what Jongho head, his vision directed to the ground.

 

"What?" Yunho scrunched up his face at the newfound information. "Are you talking about the girl in the Hong rumor and the paparazzi in the Young rumor?" 

 

A nod. 

 

"But then, whatever it is, make sure to take those two back, okay? I don't want us to get awkward in the dorm." Jongho shrugged.

 

With a proud smile, the hyungs patted and some praised their maknae for being mature. 

 

"Go now!" He complained finally, albeit a smile was grazing his lips. 

 

Soon, the five members started running towards the direction the two went, separating their selves in smaller groups. 

 

"Fighting..." Jongho mumbled just a second before their manager arrived at the scene. 

 

"I want to eat!" He complained, pulling on the confused manager's arms. 

 

"We'll go eat," the guy paused, glancing sideways. "But, Jongho-yah. where are the others?" 

 

"Ah, I can't answer because I'm sooo hungry!!!!"

 

"Eh?"

 

✳✳✳

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter