Chapter 5

Not you, too.

Seulgi busied herself in the Café’s main branch. It has been 3 months that JB never called her, not even once. It seemed like she vanished from his world. Her friends have been asking about how she’s been, but never mentioned anything about JB which she found weird.

 

Then she heard from Jackson one time that he visited the Joy at the café, that Jennie and Kai broke up. Kai cheated on her with an idol named Krystal. Jennie has been in their Studio many times, trying to get back with JB. And news reports that Jennie is in an intimate relationship with the producer JB.

 

‘So, I was just a rebound.’ Seulgi thought. It hurt her, so much. She never thought JB will get back with Jennie after what happened. But she cannot do anything about it, she is just a close friend. A close friend who has feelings for him. All she had is an unrequited love. This hurts her just as much as her parents and brother died. She should’ve saw this coming. ‘That’s why he hasn’t even contacted me the last 3 months.’ He was busy. Busy with Jennie.

 

She called Wendy. Wendy understand what she planned to do.

 

She called JB. She nervously waited for JB to pick up, the call is nearing the last ring until it will be cut off, when JB picked up.


“Seul?” surprise was evident on his voice. She missed hearing it.


“Are you busy? Can we talk?” She said softly.

 

“I have to meet with Jennie later. We will meet at Han river at 8pm.” JB said.

 

“Oh” that’s what Seulgi said.


“Is something wrong Seul?” JB felt worried. Seulgi thought it is now or never.


“Can we meet there first at 7pm? I have to tell you something.” She then dropped the call. This is her chance. She has to tell him. Before she go.


JB was surprised, but worried. So he decided to go to Han River before 7pm and waited for Seulgi.

 

----

Seulgi arrived at Han River. She spotted JB sitting on a bench. They talked about what they had missed over the past months they haven’t seen each other. Then they stood up to walk. They laughed at something very funny that made Seulgi laughed really hard that made her cry. Then she just cried harder. JB didn’t know what she was crying about, so he just hugged her to calm her. He missed this. Seulgi cried on his chest. She pulled away, tears are still streaming down her face, she looked at JB, JB was looking past her head, and Jennie arrived and is walking towards them. Seulgi looked at his eyes and mumbled “I love you beom-ah, I’m sorry, I had to do this,” She pecked his cheeks, and ran away from JB. Away from them. Away from everything.  


JB was surprised. His heart felt warm. Seulgi loves him. He held his cheeks, which Seulgi kissed. Jennie saw everything. But she acted nonchalantly. JB just looked at the direction Seulgi ran to. He was about to go after Seulgi but Jennie held his hands and hugged JB. Acting all lovey dovey to him.

 

Seulgi went to the café in Gangnam. She is crying when she entered. She didn’t care whoever is in there. Mark is talking with Wendy. Wendy ran to hug her. Her friends know what she planned to do.


She have to save herself from all the emotional turmoil she is having. She had to stay away. Before she lose herself in all of it.

 

 

She offered the café for sale but Wendy offered her an idea in which Seulgi will still be the major owner of all the shares of the both of the Café, 50% of all of it. But the other 50% will be sold to those interested to become shareholders. Jackson, Mark and Jinyoung and Wendy bought the rest of shares. To keep the café as it is, with trusted people.

Then she had offered her house, her family’s house for rent. She entrusted the care to her friends. Seulgi left her car to them also. Joy, Yeri and Youngjae took the offer. They promised they will take good care of the house and everything that comes with it.


She’s now in the airport. She was drove by Mark and Wendy.. She’ll stay with her cousin, Kang Sora in California..


“Wendy, I couldn’t thank you enough for everything. I’m sorry.” Seulgi said.


“You can thank me by taking good care of yourself, okay? We’ll take care of everything here. You know I’m always here for you. You know that. Don’t forget to update me of your whereabouts. Pray for peace in your heart. Your parents and brother will always guide you Seul. We love you, I love you, okay?” Wendy hugged Seulgi.


“Take care Seul. California is a good place. Don’t worry. We’ll watch over him.” Mark gave Seulgi a hug also. He grew fond of Seulgi, treating her as his sister.


*Passengers of Flight ##-### to California, please board the plane.. We’ll be taking off in 30 minutes.**  an announcement was heard.


“Well, this is me, I gotta go. Annyeong!” Seulgi waved at them. And went to board the plane. They waved at her too, and watched as she entered the area where non-passengers can no longer enter. They waited until the airplane took off. And left.


Wendy hasn’t stop cying. Mark comforted her, saying “She’ll come back love, she will.” And they went out of the airport to return back to the Café. But as they reached the exit, JB running to the entrance..


----

JB has always had feelings for Seulgi. But he never acknowledged it. Since he was in a relationship with Jennie then, but the night of his birthday, when Seulgi sang, and saw the gift, he noticed everything, the way she looked at him, her hands with traces of painting, he saw it all. But he cannot reciprocate it all. He doesn’t want to hurt her. He loves Jennie. But he cannot deny this feeling he had for Seulgi. So he decided he will get over Jennie.

 

He wants to be good for Seulgi. It appears as though he hasn’t move on from Jennie, but what it really is that, he is getting over Jennie. He is trying his best to get over her.

 

When Seulgi’s parents died, He mourned. His heart ached seeing Seulgi cry, so he did what he can to comfort her. When he kissed her cheek, which was not intentional, it was his feelings making itself known. He stayed by her side, he invited her many times to hang out.. When it was her birthday, he planned the surprise. The kiss on the lips was him not being able to restrained himself. He noticed the stares of the 3 girls to her, he acted nonchalantly. He noticed they drag Seulgi out to talk. He kind of know what they will talk about. After that, he noticed how everyone was keeping her away from him, so he just went with it. But he misses her terribly. He wants to heal himself first.


Then the worst scenario came, he heard Jennie and Kai broke up because Kai cheated on Jennie. He never cared about it. But when Jennie kept on visiting him in the studio trying to get back together with him. And a news broke out they were in an intimate relationship. He really despise how the idol world just interfere with someone’s private life. He tried to stay away from all the gossip and issues, he didn’t mind whatever he heard as he knows the truth. What concerned him is if Seulgi would know about the fake news being spread out. He got fed up about Jennie’s nonstop pestering that he called her to give her the ‘talk’.


When he called Jennie to meet with him in the Han River, he was surprised Seulgi is calling him. He froze looking at his phone ringing with Seulgi’s name as the caller. After continuous ringing, he answered.


“Seul?” surprise was evident on his voice.


“Are you busy? Can we talk?” She said softly. JB missed hearing her voice. He missed everything about her.

 

“I have to meet with Jennie later. We will meet at Han river at 8pm.” JB said.

 

“Oh” that’s what Seulgi said.


“Is something wrong Seul?” JB felt worried as to how Seulgi would interpret what he said.


“Can we meet there first at 7pm? I have to tell you something.” She then dropped the call. He hasn’t even responded yet. He was surprised, but worried.

 

So he decided to go to Han River before 7pm and waited for Seulgi.


He arrived few minutes before 7pm so he sat on one of the bench to wait. Seulgi arrived. She saw him. She smiled. The smile he missed. He terribly missed her. But he is afraid of what he would do so he just controlled himself. They talked about what they had missed over the past months they haven’t seen each other. Then they stood up to walk. They laughed at something very funny that made Seulgi laughed really hard that made her cry. Then she just cried harder. JB began worrying about it.

 

JB didn’t know what she was crying about, so he just hugged her to calm her.

He missed this. He missed being this close to her. He missed everything about her. Seulgi cried on his chest. Then she pulled away, tears are still streaming down her face. JB looked at her and saw from a distance Jennie is walking towards them. 

Seulgi looked at his eyes and mumbled “I love you beom-ah, I’m sorry, I had to do this,” She pecked his cheeks, and ran away. JB was surprised. His heart felt warm. Seulgi loves him. Seulgi confessed! He’s never been happier. He held his cheeks, which Seulgi kissed and smiled.

 

He turned to the direction Seulgi ran to and about to go after her when Jennie held his hands and hugged him. He really hated this moment but he knows he had to give Jennie the ‘talk’. He needed to fix everything first before he could talk to Seulgi again.


After the Han River incident that night, a news broke out that he and Jennie are dating. The next day Jennie still bothered him at the studio. His friends have asked him about it nonstop, his sister hating on him, his friends being indifferent to him and his patience had been running thin. He has a lot on his mind. He missed Seulgi so much. He want to tell her he loves her. And none of the stupid news are true. That night, he thought of what he will do to slap the hard truth to those who kept on making stupid, fake news.


The next morning, he went straight to his studio, he called for press. All of those who loves to report gossip. After a while, reporters swarmed the studio.

 

“Hello everyone. This is JB of GOT7 studios, I am the reported boyfriend of your idol, Kim Jennie.” JB started. This is his first time to do this. But he has no other choice. So he said the whole truth. From him and Jennie’s first relationship, how she hurt him, then how they got back together when she used him, left him for Kai, how she hurt him again, how she has been begging him for another chance so that she would save her reputation, and finally on how she ruined his chance for the person he truly loved. He then walked out after saying everything. He doesn’t care now what everyone will say, who would see it. But he was hoping Seulgi will see it. He now feels free..

 

That same day, it was when Seulgi went to the airport.


JB went to the Café in Hwayang-dong. Seulgi is not there. He asked Bambam and Youngjae, but the younger ones just shrugged. They were not allowed to give information to JB about Seulgi’s whereabouts. He then went to her house, he saw Joy and Yeri which confused him but he got no information from them to where Seulgi is.


Then he drove to Gangnam, he went inside the café and he saw Jinyoung and Nayeon inside, talking about something and looked sad.


“Is Seulgi around? I need to talk to her.” JB asked the two of them. Both girls just looked at each other, shook their head and looked down.


“Yah, where is Seulgi?” He held Nayeon’s shoulder forcefully, asking her again. Nayeon just shook her head. Jackson just got out of the kitchen with Yugyeom. JB looked at them.


“Have you seen Seulgi?”


“No. she’s not here Hyung.” Jackson said.


“Then where is she? I went to Hwayang-dong, she’s not there, then I went to her house, she’s not there also, and now, she’s not even here.” JB is very frustrated.


“We don’t want you near Seulgi, oppa.” Nayeon told her brother. That got JB mad.


“Why? Why? I know you are all keeping her away from me. I understand what all your intentions are but I really need to talk to her now.” JB raised his voice. He is really frustrated. He knows he is at fault too, but this is his chance to correct what is wrong.


Suddenly, Nayeon’s phone rang, breaking out the tension, they all look at her, like saying ‘answer the damn phone’ Nayeon picked up the call. It is her eomma calling.


“Nayeon-ah, what is happening there? JB is on the news.” Nayeon’s eyes widened at what her mother said. She then the television in the café, JB’s face is what they saw on the news. They were all shocked at what they heard from the TV. And looked at JB.


Yugyeom has just been observing them, he doesn’t know if he should meddle but seeing how frustrate JB looked, cannot take it anymore so he spoke,
“Seulgi-noona is in the airport hyung, she’ll fly to California now” with that, JB rushed out and drove to the airport.


---

JB arrived at the airport. He is running towards the entrance when he saw Mark and Wendy has reach the exit. He noticed Wendy has been looking down. He came to them.


“The plane took off already.” Wendy said looking at him.

 

‘Ah, I didn’t make it on time.’ He thought. He feels defeated. He dropped down in a squat position. “I lost her. Is she coming back?” he feels pain creeping up his chest.

 

“We’re not sure about that bro.” Mark answered. It made JB’s tears to fall.
“How did you know ab-” Wendy didn’t finish what she’s gonna say when she noticed JB is crying.


“I love her… I love her. I’ve always had... But then everything about Jennie, All the fake news, ruined my chances. I made sure I am over Jennie first, and I told Jennie and the world about it. I just wanted to make sure I fixed myself before I could tell her that. I did whatever I had to do first, but I was late.” JB confessed. He is still crying.

 

Wendy was surprised knowing this, she was speechless. A phone ringing broke the air, Jinyoung is calling Mark.


“Mark-hyung. Have you seen JB at the airport?” Jinyoung said over the phone. Mark put the phone on speaker mode to let Wendy hear the call. Mark told him JB’s with them and told Jinyoung about what JB confessed and Jinyoung told them what happened in the café earlier and about the JB’s presscon. Then Jinyoung ended the call.
 

Wendy felt sorry, he hugged JB and consoled him, saying she was sorry about what happened, she just wanted to protect Seulgi.


JB just responded, “I know you just want the best for her, I know about what you’ve been doing, I noticed everything, I just went on and cooperated because I also wanted to be the best for her too. God knows how I wanted to see her smile everyday.. She deserve only the best. She deserve all the happiness in the world. I really love Seulgi.”


“I really love you too…” Seulgi said. The three turned around. They were surprised. They thought Seulgi got on the flight to California.


What happened was, when she got to the passengers lounge, a breaking news had occupied all the television. It was JB’s press con. She learned the truth. She is very happy. She got reasons to endure all the pain whatever it is.. So she stood up and went back.. She begged for the airport personnel to retrieve her luggage. She’s thankful that she was allowed to withdraw from the flight. Seems like destiny has chosen to side with her this time. She’s walking back to the entrance of the airport, she saw them. She’s walking silently towards them. She saw JB crying. She heard everything he said. 
 

JB walked to her, cupped her face, “I’m sorry for hurting you Gom-ah.. I’m really sorry. It took a long time.”

“I’m sorry too Beomie..” Seulgi responded. JB hugged her tight. She returned the hug back. She missed him so much. He does too.

 

Wendy is in tears now, looking at them, very happy for her best friend. Mark just put his arms over Wendy and smiled at them too. They are happy.