good luck and don't it up

together, we are one
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Today is the day.

 

EXO will be releasing their second mini album tonight. Along with that, they will be having their first music show performance at The Show.

 

They're already backstage in the SBS building, waiting for their turn to rehearse. Kyungsoo is amazed at the performances prepared by the other artists. Promoting with them this week are fellow rookies TXT, ITZY, and LOONA. Baekhyun will be thrilled. Of course, he invited his brother. He knows he wouldn't miss his first stage.

 

It's their turn now. Kyungsoo looks at Chanyeol, who is standing right beside him, who in turn looks at him back.

 

"Nervous?" the taller man asks.

 

"Yeah. Chanyeol, what if I barf in front of our fans?"

 

Chanyeol laughs too loud it catches the crew's attention. "What are you saying? We've done this a few times."

 

Not me. This is my first time.

 

Kyungsoo rolls his eyes. "It's been a while since the last time I was on stage." What he means is his performance of Twinkle Twinkle Little Stars when he was in kindergarten. He did amazing and got an award for it, for your information.

 

EXO's stage set up is simple. It will just be them sitting under a few light effects, singing while Chanyeol plays the guitar. Kyungsoo likes the intimate feeling it gives.

 

They go to the center of the stage and sit, waiting for the cue to start. They will be performing two songs, the title track Moonlight, and a bside, Love Yourself.

 

"Ready?" Chanyeol asks.

 

No. But Kyungsoo nods, instead.

 

Chanyeol starts playing the song, but Kyungsoo blanks out, he can't remember the words. He looks at the former who is already looking at him with worry, "I'm sorry." he says.

 

"It's okay." Chanyeol smiles at him, "Breathe. You can do this."

 

Kyungsoo closes his eyes. He can do this.

 

Chanyeol starts over.

 

 

 

It's 6 pm. The album is out and the show has just begun. They're watching the show on the monitor in the waiting room. The pressure just went higher when they found out they're nominated for first place.

 

"Holy . This is big, guys. If you get your first win imagine the impact that you'll have." Sehun boosts with excitement.

 

The MC just announced them as the next performers, "Alright, let's go guys." Kai says.

 

His phone pings. It's a text from Baekhyun.

 

Good luck. And don't it up.

 

Kyungsoo chuckles. Oh, what will he do without his brother and his references? 

 

Chanyeol and Sehun go out first, and before Kyungsoo can follow, Kai closes the door and grabs his wrist.

 

"Good luck." Kai smiles at him.

 

"Thank you."

 

There's awkward silence, they're just staring at each other, and Kai doesn't let go of his wrist. He looks at it and notices something, "What happened to your scar?" 

 

"What?"

 

"The scar. From the incident." Kai rubs and points at a part of Kyungsoo's wrist. "It's gone."

 

What incident? 

 

"Huh.." How the hell will Kyungsoo get out of this? "I've been using a new cream. Must've been effective." He is such a .

 

Sehun knocks on the door before Kai could reply, and with fake disgust, whispers, "You two are better not making out right now."

 

Thanks for the save, Sehun.

 

"Gross." Kyungsoo replies at Sehun, and detaches his wrist from Kai's grasp, who gives him an offended look. "Come on."

 

 

 

They're backstage again, waiting for the cue. Chanyeol pats him on the shoulder, "Here we go."

 

Kyungsoo is shaking as they walk on the stage and sit. He squints his eyes at the crowd and sees Baekhyun at the back, waving his own EXO lightstick, or what they call Eribong, enthusiastically. He smiles, his brother's support means a lot to him. Suddenly he's not that nervous anymore. He signals Chanyeol that he's ready, and the other man gives him an encouraging nod.

 

Chanyeol strums his guitar.

 

 

 

Article: EXO Achieves First Music Show Win at The Show


 

[+1112, -141] Wow! Finally, their hard work paid off! I'm so happy for them! #EXOFirstWin


 

[+982, -88] Moonlight is an amazing song. I might have cried a little.


 

[+453, -1033] TXT DESERVED TO WIN WTFF


 

[+109, -29] Kisoo seems a bit, off? Is it just me?


 

 


 

Kyungsoo couldn't believe it, but here he is, holding the trophy like it's his firstborn. The four of them are currently i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter