how many of us are there?

together, we are one
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kyungsoo decides to go to the address he found in the briefcase. It's in Incheon. It's late too so he chooses to take the train to lessen his travel time. It's dangerous to go alone, he thinks, but Baekhyun had plans tonight and he wouldn't ruin that. He just couldn't wait until tomorrow.

 

Right when he closes his door though, Chanyeol sees him, who seemed to have bought food to take to his own room.

 

"Going somewhere?" Chanyeol asks. 

 

. Yeah, I'll go out to get myself killed. Probably.

 

"I'll go get some food. I'm starving." he says instead, and points to the bag in the older man's hand, "You too?"

 

Chanyeol laughs, "Mhm. Late night snack and all."

 

Kyungsoo nods, "I should get going."

 

"Uh, Kisoo?" 

 

"Yes?" he turns his head around.

 

"Tomorrow?" 

 

"What?"

 

"The practice."

 

He already forgot.

 

"Oh yeah. I'll text you." he replies and lifts his facemask up.

 

 

He arrives after an hour, the address leads to a two storey house that looks suburban. He's sure he could go to jail for trespassing but hell, he doesn't care anymore.

 

He enters through the backyard, please lock the gates next time, and sees a man crouching on a lawn.

 

"Hello?" he carefully says.

 

The crouched man jumps and turns around hastily and drops the pot of plant that he is holding.

 

The man screams.

 

"I just want some answers." Kyungsoo reassures while raising his hands up in defense.

 

"Are you out of your mind?!" The man is one of them. Their only difference is this man has short trimmed hair. "How did you find me?" he says in a panicked but whispered voice.

 

"Kisoo had your address."

 

"Where is he?"

 

"Uh. He's dead."

 

"What?" the man asks in shock.

 

"I'm sorry. He was shot right in front of me."

 

"No, that can't be."

 

"I'm Do Kyungsoo-" 

 

"I don't care who you are." the man snaps at him and turns to his back and whispers, "Why Lord? Why me? I never wanted any part of this."

 

"Look, please tell me who we are to each other."

 

The man turns to face him, "Are you kidding me? I'm not doing that. That is not my responsibility."

 

"You know what, you need to get out of here." the man continues. He picks up a garden shear and points it at Kyungsoo. "Go and wait for a call."

 

The man turns to go inside his house.

 

Kyungsoo's had enough. He grabs the man by his shoulder and says, "Hey! Tell me what the hell-!" but the man cuts him off. 

 

"Let go! Don't touch me!" The man detaches himself from Kyungsoo's grasp, "This is my house. Leave and wait for a call." the former turns around and goes to the door and pauses before going in, "And hide your ugly face on the way out of here."

 

"." Kyungsoo scoffs in disbelief.

 

 

Kyungsoo wakes up exasperated.

 

He looks at the clock and it's only 8 am. He got back from Incheon at around 1 am and didn't really get much sleep, he kept thinking about the other man. What, are they triplets or something? Those birth certificates, are they real?

 

His black phone is ringing, he realizes that's what woke him up.

 

Message from Manager Kai

 

Good morning :) 

How are you?

Can I crash in?

I still wanna make up with what I did yesterday :(

 

He sighs, he's not in the mood to play fake boyfriend today.

 

Morning

I already told you

I'm practicing with Chanyeol today.

It's our day off, you should spend your time anywhere else but here?

 

You're dismissing me? :(

 

Ugh. The sad faces. That's cute. He can imagine him pouting right now. Kyungsoo, stop.

 

I'm not. I'm just saying.. we're together almost everyday anyway so

Maybe tomorrow? 

 

Fine

I love you

 

Kyungsoo stuns at that. Should he say it back? Idiot. It's okay. You're just pretending. The feeling is not real. He says to himself.

 

Me too.

 

He settles with that.


 


 

Chanyeol's dorm is just the same size as Kisoo's. The only difference is the interior design, Chanyeol's brighter and he has his own studio inside where they would practice. Kyungsoo thinks it's so cool. The studio is not that big but it could fit the both of them comfortably. He's impressed by the amount of instruments that the older man can play. Maybe he could ask him to teach him how to play the guitar. One at a time.

 

Kyungsoo hasn't memorized the words from the new songs yet but he's familiar with the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter