clones

together, we are one
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kyungsoo is nauseous. Taejung assisted him to sit down on a chair while Dongyeon stands still pointing the gun at him.

 

"Can you please put the gun down." he asks.

 

"Kyungsoo, tell us where you came from." Taejung sits in front of him.

 

"I'm an orphan. I was adopted in Jeju when I was like 5, then we moved to Goyang when I was 13. I didn't even know who my birth parents were."

 

"Heartbreaking." Dongyeon mocks and turns to Taejung, "Can we go back to Kisoo, please?"

 

Kyungsoo just ignores Dongyeon's tone, "Like I said, we bumped into each other. He was shot in front of me."

 

"Did they find the body?" Taejung asks. 

 

"I don't know. I planned to do that the next day, but it would be too risky. Besides, it would've made the news already if they did right?"

 

"How can we be sure that you didn't kill him, huh?" Dongyeon interrupts, "You could've buried him yourself so you can steal his riches. You could be some low-life grifter for god's sake!"

 

"Hey!" Kyungsoo is so close to losing his temper, "I wouldn't be here if that was my purpose! I am stuck here being Kisoo because I want answers! I want to know what the hell is going on here!"

 

He closes his eyes and breathes, 

 

Look out for the others. For me.

 

He didn't know what that meant, until now.

 

"And I can't go because.. before he died, he asked me to look out for you. He wants me to do it for him." he sobs.

 

"You're lying." Dongyeon accuses him.

 

"I don't care what you choose to believe."

 

"Dongyeon, I'm sorry for your loss." Taejung interjects, "I know you and Kisoo were close, but we have to trust Kyungsoo right now. We need him."

 

"Fine!" Dongyeon rolls his eyes and walks closer to Kyungsoo, "You want in? We're clones! We're someone's experiment and they're killing us off! Is that helpful?!"

 

Clones?

 

He is about to answer when they hear footsteps from upstairs, 

 

"Honey?" a weary voice called, probably woken from his sleep. "Who are those?"

 

Dongyeon then hurriedly ran upstairs to stop the man from coming down, "Myeonnie! They're just my friends! Go back to bed."

 

"Sorry." Taejung says when Dongyeon is gone. "I wanted to float that clone thing out a little bit softer."

 

"What did he mean?" Kyungsoo lowers his voice.

 

"Clones. We're genetic identicals. Basically, we are copies of each other. Like what Dongyeon said, we might be someone's experiment. For what purpose? We don't know yet."

 

"How did you know all of these?"

 

"Okay. Six months ago, I was out in Seoul and got recognized by someone who thought I was Kisoo. Of course, I was confused. Then I took a research and boom, Kisoo's face were everywhere. It was the time of his debut. I had to cover my face just so I could get out. Very annoying. I thought maybe we were twins, but my parents promised that wasn't the case, that I was an only child."

 

Kyungsoo tries to concentrate and maintain his attention to Taejung. He doesn't even notice that Dongyeon is already back, also listening to Taejung's story. 

 

"I'm an IT guy, I used facial recognition software to look for the others, in hopes that there could be not just the two of us, and that's how I found Dongyeon, Kangwoo, Taeyoung, and Wondeuk. The latter three were already deceased. Just this year."

 

"We're being hunted like animals. It's crazy." Dongyeon interrupts.

 

"I figured that whoever killed them might come to us one by one, so I decided to reach out to Dongyeon and Kisoo and ask for their help. Hell, I almost got killed by Dongyeon when he first saw me." Taejung laughs, "You see, it was very hard to reach Kisoo, since he was a celebrity and all. We first met him just last month. I had to pretend as him for the security to let me in his dorm just so I could show him personally. He was pretty much hesitant about the whole clone thing at first. He came around eventually. But he started to lose it. Clinically."

 

This is what changed Kisoo. Kyungsoo fears it might do the same to him.

 

"Kisoo got so paranoid about the killer. He became so invested with looking for answers that it affected his job. On the night he died, we were supposed to meet. He told me that he found something out. The killer must've followed him. Him being at the center of the spotlight probably exposed him and put him at the top of the killer's list."

 

"So what are we gonna do?" Kyungsoo hesitantly asks.

 

"Kyungsoo," Taejung's eyes bore into Kyungsoo's own. "You have to stay being Kisoo. You have to continue what he started. We have to know who's created us, who's killing us."

 

The three of them look at the door in unison when they hear the gate opening. Dongyeon grabs his gun and goes outside.

 

"Is somebody out there?" Taejung asks Kyungsoo.

 

Baekhyun. .

 

The both of them run and follow Dongyeon.

 

"Freeze! What are you doing in my yard?!" Dongyeon points his gun at Baekhyun.

 

"Oh my god!" he screams, "Do not shoot me! Please!" 

 

Kyungsoo runs in front of his brother to cover him, "Dongyeon, he's with me!" he raises his palm up to Dongyeon in defense.

 

"Get out of the way!" Dongyeon forces.

 

"Put down the gun!" Kyungsoo walks closer to Dongyeon, he reaches for the gun and pries it away from the latter.

 

It must've been his anger building u

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter