Part 5

Make Me Love You

Before they knew it, it was Friday.

Hyejin’s original plan was to turn Jimin down today, but now that seems impossible. The two had been joking around as usual, watching the shows that come on TV together. 

“Guess what day it is?” Jimin asks.

“Friday…?”

“It’s not just Friday Hyejin! It’s officially been a week since we first met. And tomorrow is the end of the bet.”

“Oh yeah, the bet.” Hyejin says as she rests her head on his shoulder.

Jimin instinctively wrapped his arm around her afterwards.

“You forgot about the bet didn’t you?” He chuckled.

“Yeah, kinda.”

“How do you come up with something and forget about it days later, babe?” 

“I pick and choose what I remember and forget.”

“I don’t think that’s how that works…” Jimin says.

“It works for me.”

They both smile and turn their attention back to the TV screen that’s playing a sappy love scene currently. Hyejin could never understand these scenes, she just thought that it was exaggerated bull from a script writer's mind. She never thought that those emotions could be real.

But now, she’s not so sure these past few days she’s spent with Jimin. And that fact makes her nervous. Actually, all week, Hyejin has been realizing that she’s getting way too comfortable and distancing herself from him at times. And most of the time her ‘distancing’ comes with swearing and yelling.

But by some miracle, Jimin still stuck around. He had a goal, and that was to win Hyejin’s heart. He didn’t care what he had to endure. As Hyejin continued facing the TV screen, Jimin looked at her. Everything about her was flawless, at least in his eyes. There’s nothing he wanted more than to kiss her, to tell her what he truly feels. 

To tell her that he loves her.

“H-Hyejin…” Jimin nervously gets her attention.

“Yeah?”

He grabs her hand as he looks straight into her eyes. “Since it’s the day before this bet thing ends, I guess now is the best time to say this. Ahn Hyejin, I fell for you as soon as I saw you. I’ve never felt this way about anyone and that says a lot, Hyejin. I want to be with you, I want to see where this goes. If you take nothing else away from what I’m saying, just please know this. I love you.”

“Y-you what?” Hyejin stutters.

“I love you, Hyejin.” Jimin repeats.

“No... no, no. You can’t, I can’t.” Hyejin says, terrified of the word that just came out of his mouth. She removed his arm from around her waist and backed away.

“Hyejin wait, what’s wrong-”

“No, off Jimin.” Hyejin stood to grab her things and walk away. She needed to leave.

Jimin grabs her by the wrist and pulls her to sit back down. He needed answers. He just poured his heart out to her and he was more than hurt by her reaction.

“Why?! Why Hyejin?! Why do you treat me like this? Why do you always push me away?! One minute you love me and the next you curse and scream at me! You’ve been doing this all week and it’s driving me crazy! Why won’t you let anyone in? Why can’t you love me the way I love you?!”

“Because I don’t know how Park Jimin!” Hyejin screams in reply, “No one has ever loved me, I don’t know what real love feels like. My entire life everyone has ignored me, pushed me away, even my own family abandoned me because they don’t love me. That’s the real reason I moved here, because no one wanted me there. That word, that feeling, it’s like a curse. And I’m terrified of it, Jimin. Too many people have said those words and haven’t meant .” 

Hyejin had finally cracked.

Tears were streaming down her face as she emptied her heart out to Jimin. Pent up anger and sadness that had created a shield over Ahn Hyejin had finally collapsed. She felt broken and weak.

Jimin held her close and let her cry into his chest. 

“Hyejin, I don’t know half of what you’ve been through. But I care about you so much. In the short time I’ve known you, you’ve become someone so important to me. I wish I could go back in time and erase all of the pain you’ve ever gone through because you don’t deserve that Ahn Hyejin. You deserve the world, and I want to give it to you. I can show you what real love is because that’s what I feel for you. My heart right now is beating for you, only for you. Seeing and hearing you cry is breaking my heart because all I ever want is for you to be happy.”

Hyejin looks up at him, her face drenched in tears. Jimin wiped them away as they fell, gently caressing her cheek in the process. Hyejin had never known it before, but she could clearly see that there was nothing but love in his eyes for her and nothing but love in her heart for him. It was all suddenly so clear.

She couldn’t help herself anymore, so she pulls him down by his shirt and kisses him roughly. Jimin was shocked by the sudden intensity, but he soon kissed her back.

He placed his hands on her waist and pulled her onto his lap. Hyejin gripped onto his shoulders as the kiss became more passionate. At that moment, nothing else mattered to them. They were together, they were in love, and that’s all they could’ve asked for. After a few moments they broke the kiss. Hyejin looked straight into his eyes, her heart beating at the speed of light.

“I… I-I love you, Park Jimin.”

Tears began welling up in her eyes, her emotions coming out all at once. Jimin kissed away her tear as soon as it fell.

“I love you too.”

Jimin kissed her this time. It was slow, sweet, and meaningful. He tucked her loose hair behind her ear as he continued to move his lips against hers. Hyejin couldn’t have asked for anything more at this moment. Being with him made her so unbelievably happy, happier than she’s been in a very long time. Just being in his embrace comforted her.

Jimin slowly moved away from her lips and began tracing kisses down her jawline and onto her neck, her weak spot. Her breathing picked up slightly as he continued, soft moans slipping out from time to time. Hyejin’s moans were Jimin’s fuel to keep going. When his lips finally left her skin, he gently laid her down on the couch and hovered over her. His hand found its way under her oversized t-shirt, his warm hands gliding against her soft skin.

Hyejin smirked and pulled him into another kiss. It had only been a week since they had last done this, yet it felt like an eternity.

“You have no idea how much I’ve missed kissing you.” Jimin whispers gruffly in between their heated kisses. 

“I guarantee I missed this more than you.” Hyejin says as she smiles and bites her lip slightly.

“I highly doubt that, babe.”

He begins kissing Hyejin once again, his self control becoming weaker as the seconds pass. She began unconsciously grinding against him which drove Jimin to his limit. Her shirt was seconds away from being taken off and thrown but Jimin’s phone began to ring in his pocket. 

“Damn it…” he swears.

“Babe it’s okay, answer it.” Hyejin assures.

Jimin gets from on top of Hyejin and answers his phone. He wraps his arm around her waist and pulls her close.

“Hello?” You could tell Jimin was slightly irritated from his tone of voice.

“Hey Chim, it’s Tae. Are you with Hyejin right now?”

“Yeah, and we were kinda in the middle of something.”

“Sorry, but I kinda slipped up earlier. I kinda told the rest of the guys about her and now they want to meet her.” Taehyung says.

“Tae…” 

“I’m sorry! Hobi’s having a party at a nightclub in an hour or two and he wanted me to invite the two of you.”

Jimin had the call on speaker phone, so he looked over at Hyejin for an answer. She shrugged her shoulders and nodded in agreement.

“We’ll be there.”

 

 

 

[A/N]
Well, that was my trash attempt at adding angst into a fic lmfao😭

Also, the next chapter will sadly be the last (I told you this would be shorttt)