Part 3

Make Me Love You

After Jimin cleaned himself up, the two took Hyejin’s car to a restaurant nearby. Jimin insisted on keeping his arm wrapped around Hyejin’s waist even though Hyejin kept telling him to stop. She actually enjoyed him being that close, but if she keeps pushing him away, maybe she won’t  be as disappointed when this week ends.

They head into the building. The atmosphere of the restaurant was bright and comfortable, low chatter could be heard from customers already seated. The hostess greets them with a smile.

“Table for two, please.” Jimin requests.

“Ah, are you guys on a date?” The hostess asks.

“Yes.” Jimin replies.

“No.” Hyejin replies at the same time.

They both look at each other. Hyejin gives him a death glare and Jimin just grins in return.

“She likes to joke around, right babe?”

“Whatever…” Hyejin says.

The hostess leads them to a nice window seat in the corner. Once the two settle in their seats, Hyejin looks at him in disbelief.

“‘Babe?’” She asks, slightly amused.

“What else was I supposed to call you?”

“Um… how about friend?”

“You call me pretty boy, I call you babe. We’re even now.” Jimin concludes.

Hyejin rolls her eyes as she tries to contain her smile. Jimin notices her trying to keep a straight face, so he calls her out on it.

“Is that a smile I see?” He asks.

“No, it’s not.”

“Come on Hyejin, just admit that you like me. Even just a little.”

Hyejin takes a few seconds to answer. “Nope. Not at all.”

“Then why did you hesitate?”

“I didn’t. I paused.” 

“That’s what hesitating is, babe.” Jimin laughs.

“Stop calling me that!”

“Ahn Hyejin, you’re saying that you don’t have any feelings for me whatsoever?”

There’s once again hesitation before she answers him. “I-I don’t…”

Jimin simply just laughs at her. She looks at him, confused.

“What’s so funny?” 

“You’re a horrible liar and it’s hilarious.”

Hyejin stands and reaches over the small table to punch Jimin in the arm. Jimin rubs his arm and laughs even harder.

“You’re so cute.” He says after the laughter dies down a little.

“How many times do I have to say I’m not cute?”

“You can say that all you want, that doesn’t change the fact that you’re cute though.”

The two continued to chat and eventually eat as well. They began getting to know each other on a deeper level, as of now they could actually call themselves friends, not just strangers that made out the night before. They even told each other nicknames that their friends have given them over the years. Jimin opened up a little about his past relationship, talked about his friends. Hyejin kept most things a secret besides her friends and food she refuses to eat (that being kimchi and chocolate). 

After a while, the two leave the restaurant and go back to Hyejin’s house. Jimin called Taehyung to take him back to his house and he was already on his way. The two stood in her living room, waiting for a text message or call that Jimin’s ride was there. 

“I enjoyed last night and this morning with you Hyegi. It was really fun. I already love spending time with you.” Jimin says, using one of her newly discovered nicknames.

“Yeah, whatever.”

“Damn, what about ‘I had fun too!’ or anything other than just whatever?”

“Fine, okay. I actually enjoyed myself too. You’re easy to talk to, pretty boy.”

“Thanks babe.” Jimin says with a smirk.

“Don’t call me that!”

“Every time you call me pretty boy, I’ll call you babe. I could’ve sworn we established this earlier.”

Hyejin rolls her eyes and playfully hits his arm.

“I’m gonna have to carry around an ice pack dealing with you…” Jimin says as he rubs his sore arm for the second time today.

Jimin’s phone beeps in his pocket and sees a text from Taehyung saying that he’s outside of Hyejin’s apartment building.

“Time for me to go. I’ll come back over tomorrow okay? Or you could come to my place. Either way, I just want to see you tomorrow.”

“Sounds good. I’ll probably go over to your place, I need to get out more.”

Jimin hesitates before asking his next question because this could end up with her giving him another bruise on his arm. “Since you won’t let me kiss you, can I at least get a hug?”

“Sure, I guess…”

“I don’t want to force you to hug me if you don’t want to, Hyejin.” Jimin says, noticing the uncertainty in her voice.

“No, no, you’re not forcing me… please… I actually want you to…” she sounded so vulnerable in that moment and she hated it. But she also would’ve been mad at herself if she just let him walk away.

Jimin smiles that bright, shining smile of his and wraps her in his embrace. Hyejin felt so comfortable resting against him like this. And she hated herself for it. No matter how much she wants to, she can’t trust him. She can’t trust anyone. She never has and never will.

They both pull away, still keeping their arms around each other though. As he looked at her, Jimin could feel his heart beating out of his chest. It’s been so long since Jimin felt like this about someone, since he’s completely fallen head over heels. Little does she know, Hyejin has Jimin wrapped around her finger. Hanging on to her every word.

He couldn’t help himself, so Jimin bent down and gave Hyejin a light kiss on the cheek.

“See you tomorrow.” He says before letting go of her and walking out of the door.

Hyejin was still stuck in her place, the feeling of his lips against her skin still lingering. Eventually she sighs before plopping down on her couch. She should’ve just told Jimin to get out. She shouldn’t have made a bet with him. She shouldn’t have slept with him. She shouldn’t have accepted that drink to begin with. Now she’s the one who regrets it. Now she’s the one counting down the minutes until she can see him again.

Meanwhile, Jimin hopped into Taehyung’s car with a smile on his face. He was still thinking about her.

“Who were you with? I don’t remember anyone living in this neighborhood.” Taehyung questions.

“You don’t know her.” Jimin answers simply.

“Her?!” 

“Yeah, her name is Hyejin. I’ll have to introduce you to her one day. I’ve already told her a little about you.”

“Wait a minute, slow down. You have a girlfriend? Since when?!”

“She’s not my girlfriend. She’s just a friend, but I really like her. She’s coming over to my place tomorrow, so don’t come knocking on my door with the rest of the guys please.” Jimin says.

“I want to meet her though!” Tae whines.

“No! You might try and steal her from me. Well, honestly she wouldn’t be interested in you anyways.” 

“What does she see in you that’s so special?” Taehyung says, obviously taking offense to Jimin’s comment.

“She’s… different. She’s really closed off, won’t get close to many people. I’m kinda confused as to why she let me in when we’ve only known each other for a day.”

“A day? Jimin please just tell me the whole story.”

He spends the next ten minutes explaining what’s happened to him since last evening.

“So she was a one night stand, but you fell in love with her? And now you’re trying to get her to feel the same way about you?” 

“Yeah, basically.”

“Look, I don’t know her but if she’s already completely distracted you from that , then I say go for it. You’re my best friend and I want you to be happy.”

He smiles at his best friends words. He also got a confidence boost. He wants to be with Hyejin, and he’ll do everything he can to make that happen.