Part 4

Make Me Love You

The next morning, Jimin found himself sitting with Taehyung. Tae made sure to get here as early as possible so he could meet Jimin’s new friend, although Jimin is trying to make sure the exact opposite. He doesn’t want anyone to meet her until things are official between them. If things become official between them.

Jimin’s phone buzzed against his coffee table, so he reached for it. It was just a game notification, but he also sees that Hyejin sent him a text about 15 minutes ago. He opens the text and sees ‘im on my way’.

He immediately springs up. She only lives about 15 minutes away so she could be knocking on his door any second. First things first, Tae needs to go.

“Tae she’s almost here get up!” Jimin says.

“Oh, if she’s almost here then I’m staying right where I am.”

“Oh my god Tae get out.”

“Nope.”

Jimin sighs and begins quickly straightening up his living room. A few food wrappers were thrown in the trash, crumbs going right along with them. The couch pillows were straightened and the rugs were flattened out. Now his place looked kinda okay.

Jimin went back to trying to get Taehyung to leave when he heard the doorbell.

“Hyejin…” he said to himself.

He rushed to the door and checked himself in the mirror nearby before he opened it. As expected, Hyejin was on the other side giving him a small smile.

“Hey Hyejin.” Jimin reaches out and hugs her.

Hyejin immediately wraps her arms around him as well which makes Jimin smile a little.

“Come in.” He says when they release each other.

Taehyung is still sitting in the living room with no intention of leaving. Jimin sighs, realizing that he was gonna have to introduce them to each other a little earlier than he would’ve liked.

“Hyejin, that’s Taehyung. My very annoying best friend.”

Tae looks up and his eyes go wide. He stands and walks towards Jimin and Hyejin. Hyejin greets him first.

“Hey, I’m Hyejin. I’ve heard a lot about you.”

“And I’ve heard a lot about you, but I don’t remember being told that you were this beautiful.” Tae flirts.

Jimin’s possessive/jealous mode gets at that moment. He let’s go of Hyejin and begins dragging Tae and his stuff  towards the door.

“Okay time for you to go, buddy.” Jimin says through clenched teeth.

“Wait but-” Tae begins.

“Nope you’re leaving.”

Jimin continued pushing him towards the door and Taehyung kept resisting him.

“Hyejin, if things don’t work out between you and Jimin maybe you and me could-”

Jimin slams the front door in his face. Hyejin just stands there and laughs.

“That was cute.” She comments.

“He’s far from cute.”

“I was talking about you, not him, pretty boy. You’re cute when you’re jealous.”

“Oh, Miss Ahn Hyejin just called me cute. I feel so special, babe.” 

“You should, I don’t use that word often.”

Jimin grabs her hand and leads her to his large and comfortable couch. Hyejin unconsciously cuddles up against him and Jimin can’t help but for it.

“Seems like somebody missed laying next to me.”

Hyejin immediately moves away from him.

“If you were smart, you would’ve just stayed silent and I wouldn’t have moved. Now it’s too late.”

“Wait no come back.” Jimin whines

“You missed your chance.”

Jimin pulls Hyejin to lay against his chest. “I don’t think I did.”

Instead of fighting back Hyejin stayed where she was and let Jimin hold her. She missed him. From the moment he walked out of her apartment yesterday, all she wanted to do was see him again. Jimin played with her hair as the two sat in a comfortable silence for a moment.

“Jimin?” Hyejin calls after a while.

“Yeah?”

“Why do you like me so much?” Hyejin asks. She wasn’t fishing for compliments or anything, she was genuinely curious as to what was keeping him by her side.

“Why wouldn’t I like you?”

“I hit you all of the time, I don’t tell you anything about me, I curse at you all the time, I reject you half the time, and I’m overall just really mean. So why?”

Jimin hugs her tighter and continues caressing her hair as he answers. “I don’t see you that way. I see you as a girl who’s funny, easy to talk to, affectionate when she wants to be, and someone who’s not mean in the slightest. Are you closed off? Definitely, but I’m sure you have your reasons for that and that’s not my business unless you tell me. And if you were as mean as you say, I wouldn’t be holding you right now because you wouldn’t have let me.”

“What would you do if I yelled at you to get the away from me right now, would you feel the same?” Hyejin asks.

“Yes I would feel the same, and I wouldn’t move even if you yelled.”

“Good because I don’t want you to move.” Hyejin says as she buries her face into his chest and laughs a bit.

“My god, you’re so cute.” Jimin says as he chuckles as well.

“I’m not cute.”

“You’re very cute, babe.”

“Hey, I didn’t call you pretty boy! So why’d you call me that?” Hyejin asks.

“I just wanted to.”

“You’re lucky that I like you.”

“Did you just say that you like me?” Jimin asks with an amused grin.

“No! Not like that!” Hyejin quickly explains.

“Nope, too late. You like me.”

The two kept teasing each other back and forth like that for a while. They had definitely gotten closer after that day, more comfortable with each other. The next few days passed by fairly quickly, and they spent about every moment of that time glued to each other's side. Hyejin honestly forgot about the game they were playing, she simply didn’t care anymore.