// every syllable

the land beneath, the sky above

 

 

There are over 7 trillion nerves in the human body and somehow, somehow, Kim Chaewon gets on every single one of Hitomi’s. She’s just—she’s simply infuriating and getting stuck in a locked closet with her is absolutely the last thing Hitomi would ever want.

(So of course it ends up actually happening.)

“Stop abusing the damn door,” Chaewon snaps from behind, irritated.

“Well stop be everything!” Hitomi snaps back, hopelessly shaking the handle.

“Chill down a bit, will you?” A scoff. “It’s not like I want to get stuck here with—”

“I swear if you don’t shut up,” Hitomi hisses, “I’ll ing kiss you for every syllable you dare to utter in your next word.”

A beat of silence falls upon them. It feels slightly like a win, and Hitomi huffs to herself, proceeding to keep shaking the handle.

Except the annoying voice calmly says next,

“Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious.”

The rattles come into an abrupt stop. Hitomi blinks, wondering for a second if she’s heard wrong because honestly, what the ?

“What?” Chaewon smugly asks after the long pause of silence. “Surprised? Not gonna follow through with your threat now? Coward.”

Hitomi bristles. She slowly turns around to face her; the closet is dark, but her eyes have adapted enough from what little light there is to make out the grin on Chaewon’s face. What the . “If you wanted to get a kiss from me you could’ve just said so,” she attempts to retort, voice as firm as she can manage, tinted with the amount of disbelief surging within her.

Chaewon unfolds her arms and leans forward, until her warmth is unmistakably pressing against Hitomi’s front. “So what if I did?” The grin twists into a smirk and it’s annoying, she’s so annoying— “Wouldn’t change the fact that you’ll go back on your words, would it? Coward.

A fire flares up inside her stomach—because how dare she challenge her, how dare she imply that Hitomi is a—Hitomi grits her teeth, surging forward to cup the other's cheeks and kiss her.