"Get Out Of The Water!"

Beyond The Shore

 

Photography Nightmares: Professional Photographers Share Their ...

 

 

 

“N-No o-of c-course n-not, don’t b-be silly Channie" Baekhyun stuttered as he backed away from the edge silently pulling the frozen Kyungsoo with him.

 

“It's clearly just some r-random people were u-using old methods o-of fishing, like harpooning and stuff…just with sharpened bones...thats all..." Baekhyun didn’t believe himself either but there was no way to explain what was happening before their eyes.

 

The small light from the boat illuminated onto the large fish eerily, but just enough for the boys to witness it being pulled back into the water ever so slowly, it neared the edge of the back of the boat inching closer and closer to the unsettlingly still water below. The boys were frozen in terror.

 

Kai shivered, was he imagining this but it can't be just him because…

 

Everyone watched in horror as the dead fish was pulled across the deck.

 

Everyone gasped in fright as something slimy and pale reached up wrapping what looked like slender webbed fingers around the tail of the fish.

 

Everyone screamed when the fish was abruptly pulled into the water along with Kai’s rod.

 

Everyone bolted away from the edges when they heard the thunderous inhuman shrieking.

 

The sudden onslaught of waves began to crash across the boat as it whipped the vessel viciously from side to side; the now icy cold water filled up quicker than they could fill their buckets and empty it back over.

 

Their small boat begins to sink further into the pitch black abyss beneath them and now the once calm sea was raging around them and for some odd reason… only around them.

 

Chanyeol looked around warily, the sky was dark but showed no sign of storms and neither did the water few meters ahead of them show any signs of swells. So why? why was there gigantic waves on every side of their boat, why did it look like these waves were being targeted to them specifically…

 

The violent waves suddenly knocked Baekhyun and Kyungsoo off board and into the sinister waters. They were pushed and pulled by the waves as they tred their best to swim back onto the boat,.

 

Just as Baekhyun reaches for the edge of the boat he is abruptly swept under the waves and held there by something as he thrashes to reach the surface but as his lungs run out of air he is mysteriously pushed to the surface again, he struggles to breathe in, coughing out the excess sea water as his chest burns and his head is screaming for him to get out of the water while he can.

 

The exact same thing is done to Kyungsoo and the boys on the boat can only look on in utter terror as they cling to the railings of the swaying boat to keep from falling over into the water as well. They watch as Kyungsoo disappears under the surface of the water for what feels like eternity and suddenly released when he is almost close to losing his consciousness.

 

“Is it a shark?!” Kai screamed, his voice hoarse and trembling as he stretched his hand out to the boys every time they get closer to him, “Please grab me!” Baekhyun bawled out, his voice filled with pain, before getting dragged under again, he was about to scream when he saw something brush past him in the water... a face.

 

Chanyeol cried out frustrated at his inability to help his friends as they were being pulled under countless of times till they couldn’t breathe, he was always so close to pulling them out before they were suddenly slipping from his reach.

 

Infuriated but even more terrified, Kai threw all rational thinking to the wind as he got ready to jump in to save his friends when just as abruptly they were let go and pushed towards the edge of the boat with a light wave as the water around them became eerily silent. He and Chanyeol worked quickly to pull both of them back up not thinking of anything else but their safety.

 

“It’s n-not a s-shark” Kyungsoo shivered out. “d-definitely n-not a shark” Baekhyun agreed.

 

 

.