"You Know Ship Happens"

Beyond The Shore

 

 

                                 #wattpad #fanfiction ❝lust is the consolation you have when you can't have love.❞ a heartbroken girl meets a thirsty boy through a hookup page  » texting / normal writing © 2019 twinklybangtan    

 

 

 

“What other ways can the ocean kill you, besides sea sickness of course” Kyungsoo questioned absentmindedly picking at the patch behind his ear.

 

“Oh you know the usual, Storms, Lost at sea, Drowning, Sharks, 3 Headed sharks, Sharknado’s” Chanyeol shrugged walking towards the smaller male “ And fishing accidents oooh how scary” he smiled cheekily while doing jazz hands but Kyungsoo just scoffed and shook his head.

 

“Hey losers! I bet I can catch the most fish today" Kai stood proudly waving his small rod around like a cheap makeshift light saber “I challenge you all"

 

“Kai, the water is crystal clear; we can see any and all the fish that come by our boat. Besides I highly doubt you can compete with me" Chanyeol scoffed with even more pride tossing his bread into his cooler then quickly forcing Baekhyun to hook on a worm for him.

 

“Aye aye me matey, I do believe I shall take that here offer, there shall be nooooooo supper for the lot of yer, only be eating fish tonight or this here worms if you be catching nothing young lads yer hear" Baekhyun righteously nodded to them in his thick otherworldly accent.

 

Baekhyun then expertly hooked on the worm for Chanyeol who was vibrating with excitement and for himself and in a flash had already casted his rod into the calm water scaring a few blue striped fish away but quickly gaining attention from them again.

 

In a much better state now, the panicked Kyungsoo hurriedly hooked on his own worm with a bit of a struggle and with a strong throw had cast his pink neon fishing line into the water below...along with his entire blue fishing rod. He stood there face filled with astonishment which was quickly replaced with frustration while watching his rod floating just below him with his hooked worm getting nibbled on leisurely by some tiny silver fish.

 

The boys could only laugh before Baekhyun offered to reel it in. He hooked onto Kyungsoo’s smaller rod and pulled it in slowly bringing it close to the edge of the back of the boat for Kyungsoo to reach down and grab it.

 

“I caught one!" Chanyeol exclaimed overjoyed as his friends were busy pulling their rods out “Eat that Jonginnie!" Kai scowled but couldn't believe his eyes. Quickly reeling his own rod in hoping to find something...anything on the other end. All that was there was a silver stainless steel hook with a pale brown worm entangled around it.

 

“Mutiny I tell ya! this here is mutiny!” He stood eyeing his friends all failing to hold back their laughter before they threw in their freshly hooked lines again. “Don’t you be speaking like a pirate too” Chanyeol whined, tugging his rod every few seconds.

 

Just as Kai was casting in his line again he heard Baekhyun shouting in excitement as he reeled in an average sized rock fish or so that’s what he insisted it was, none of them were really sure. Kai watched on moodily as he looked into the water to see nothing, absolutely nothing around his hook.

 

“PARLEY! I claim the rights of Parley” He shouted.

 

“The Captain refuses to accept that here parley Sailormoon.” Baekhyun laughed out as he unhooked his big catch. Kyungsoo and Chanyeol yelled in unison as they reeled in their own species of fish, a parrot fish and angel fish respectively.

 

Kai hated it.

 

He suddenly hated parrot fish and angel fish, not to mention rock fish too. He stared at his empty line. He should move closer to them, that’s got to be it he thought as he hurried to sit in between Baekhyun and Kyungsoo quickly casting his line before they could protest.

 

Hours later and everyone's bucket was filled to the rim with fish, well almost everyone. Kai hasn’t even caught a guppy. He sighed dejectedlydipping his legs into the water.

 

“I can give you some of mine and no one would know" Kyungsoo quietly offered as he crouched down next to him trying to reassure him “Yeah we would” Baekhyun shouted out making the boys roll their eyes.

 

“Cheer up...maybe the fish heard your egotistical proclaim before" he stifled a chuckle as Kai shot him a glare “I'm just saying-"

 

“You call that cheering up? Never, I need to catch at least one"

 

“Kai...you haven't even had one nibble"

 

“My worms are stale” Kyungsoo just raised his eyebrows at him.

 

Kai sighed again, his friend was right, he clearly at fishing, and the sun was already pretty low making the once clear water dark, murky and somewhat evil. He should just give up now. Kyungsoo gave him a quick pat on his back and rose from his crouching position.

 

 Kai stood up as well ready to reel in his rod when he felt a big yank on his line. Alarmed he yelled as the boys ran over to him peering into the water and cheering him on as he reeled in fighting aggressively with his line. It was a tremendous match of tug-of-war and Kai’s arms were beginning to ache from its weight.

 

The boy's however didn’t stop cheering him on giving him the courage to continue and with a final pull the large fish popped out of the water and onto the boat. It was huge, Kai was amazed that his small rod managed to pull a fish of such a huge size without breaking at all.

 

Thrilled and overcome with exhaustion he fell to his knees and the others twirled around him celebrating. Kai stared at his prize fish not quite sure what species it was but overjoyed it was bigger than everyone else’s.

 

Out of the side of his eye he noticed something strange protruding from the flopping fish’ left side; crawling next to it he managed to flip it over with a heave. There sticking out of the side of the fish’s belly was an object much like a modern day spear tip piercing the fish, it seemed to be a recent wound as the blood around it was still seeping through. The spear head seemed to be carved from a bone fragment.

 

It was faint beige in color and sharpened in such a way that you could not pull it out without being cut terribly yourself but what shocked them all even more was the line attached to the end of the spear, a line that disappeared beneath the now darkened waters.

 

“Guys...that spear thing.. its attached to something...something in the water” Chanyeol whispered as they all saw the sagging line connected to the arrow straighten as if something had pulled on it.

 

 

.