"What An Oar-deal"

Beyond The Shore

                                                                                                   

                                                                    

 

Minutes later and Kyungsoo had wished he had never eaten or even sniffed anything remotely food-like in his life and he resented stepping on this sinking vessel in the first place, he could feel every wave shudder through his body as the boat rocked back and forth speedily against the wind and so did his insides, churning with every sway as he haphazardly slung his dead weight body over the side railing covering his mouth every time his stomach lurched. He was lucky not to have fed the fish already and just about managed to keep his stomach’s contents down before they dropped the anchor for their first of many fishing spots.

 

“You poor poor soul. You’re always getting motion sickness” Chanyeol strode over rubbing Kyungsoo’s small back as he looked out onto the bright blue crystal water, narrowing his eyes he could make out what looked like a blip of a small island on the horizon but shrugged it off.

 

“I’ll be…fin-..flopping...oh look...fish...just forgot...my, no no-...Kai’s tablets...for taking in..urgh sea...water- ...Catch Me Durddy” Kyungsoo breathlessly gargled out his words as his limp body slipped off the railing and onto the deck behind him, he landed hard, laying sprawled out on the hot wooden floor as the swaying almost slowed but a loud boisterous laugh filled the air instead.

 

“AHAHAHAHA, sorry, but you fell so fast-” Chanyeol held his stomach bent over in laughter much to Kyungsoo’s annoyance. “What the heck is Durd? Deddy? Is that what you said?” Chanyeol choked out wiping tears from his eyes “Like it sounded so British…Deddy” Chanyeol mocked while the swaying boy rolled over in an attempt to get away.

 

“You didn’t take the pills?!” Kai came running to see what all the commotion was about “You never listen, you can’t overcome sea sickness on your own. These tablets and patches are there for people like you genius! thinking you can do it all on your own! Wait I have some Scopolamine patches-”

 

“Scopolawhat?” Strolling behind Kai curious to all the noise and munching loudly on a red apple was Baekhyun with his pirate hat strapped to his head like a bike helmet.

 

“NOoOoOoOoooo!” Kyungsoo wailed rolling from side to side “...Baekhyun just eats too loudly” he sighed as he sat up rubbing his temples with his forefingers. Kai kneeled down beside him to put a patch on the skin behind Kyungsoo’s ear.

 

“Ohhh sorry was this too much for ya?” Baekhyun grinned as he slowly bit into the crunchy apple right next to Kyungsoo’s ear just as Kai got up, Baekhyun made sure to slurp and swallow and chew with his mouth open.

 

 Luckily Kai yanked him away just in time as Kyungsoo pivoted in his spot swiping at Baekhyun’s head with his right hand balled up into a fist.

 

“I will throw up in your ugly excuse of a peacock hat!”

 

 Baekhyun looked aghast and pale “Its..IT’S A PIRATE HAT YOU....YOU..... SEA SICK GORILLA..TURD!”

 

Kyungsoo stared at the other’s pouting face for a few seconds before bursting out into laughter much to the shock of the other boys but soon his contagious laugh was followed by Chanyeol and Kai and finally Baekhyun gave in, heartily laughing as well.

 

“Let’s fish”

 

.