Chapter 5

Kwon Eunbi Answers Letters

Dear Minjoo,

Like I said, we're not selling fonts. If you want to then go ahead, I won't stop you.

But do you know what I want you to stop doing? Handwritten letters. Am I flattered to have at least 12 letters every several days? Absolutely. But am I tired? Absolutely yes. I appreciate the efforts, but this is no longer the 80s. We had another technology breakthrough a year ago and that is why we have tony stark-like monitor in front of us instead of MacBook!

But I agree, those pics are beautiful. Those fonts are amazing, too. If you happen to meet Yujin, you ask her to send me some soon? I'll make sure to tell her via sns but I'll pay for the fees. Thank you.

Don't reply.

 


 

Minjoo,

Attached to this letter are Yuri's and Hitomi's handwritten alphabets you asked me. Hitomi said she wanted you to suffer copying it manually to deter you from commercializing it. But if you did, she wants 50%. She's up for negotiations. Not sure if she's texted you this, but she's only willing to communicate this business via traditional letters. I don't know. Go ask her yourself. Yuri seemingly is thinking of the same thing. Good luck.

Nako also said she's sent you her handwritten alphabets on mail. e-mail. Check it, woman.

 


 

Min,

Why do I feel like I'm a font broker. I'm your CEO, for the love of Geumbi (bless her, I miss her so much). I assigned you two managers to tend to your shenanigans, use them well.

 


 

Min,

What do you mean there's only one?

 


 

Dear Lee Haneul unnie,

I don't know why you decided to do handwritten letter. Why are you following Minjoo's crazy footsteps? You're supposed to be the sane one. The strong one! I reject your resignation letter. 

 


 

Haneul unnie,

Simply because she drove me crazy is not a valid excuse. You are still sane. You can still function well. Do not listen to the void. 

 


 

Unnie,

I'm so sorry to hear that. I'll be sure to warn Minjoo from doing the same to her future managers.

 


 

Dear Park Jinhyuk oppa,

Good luck. You're the last man standing.

 


 

Dear Yujin,

When I said please send me some, I was not referring to come in real time and deliver it yourself. Not to mention all of these handwritten letters.

Ahn Yujin. You are an idol. A celebrity. One of the top young MC of this decade. Worst of all, a Starship artist. Won't starship have my head if she caught you fraternizing with the enemy? I'm not surprised if that CEO of yours suddenly rigged Minjoo out of the rumored drama. Warn him, Hyewon can do so much worse.

We can get you and Wonyoung out of there soon if he's not careful.

Also maybe Chaewon of Hybe's hands. But it'll take a serious consideration.

Thank you for the picture! As you can see from the photo, I made sure to hang it on my office. Hyewon is happy you chose that out of all things!

 


 

Dear Yujin,

This is not a greenlight for you to start sending me letters.