Chapter 8 - New Friend

Snow In Summer

Loud whisperer all over the room woke me up. I shut them out, but for some idiot near me keep getting louder and louder. I tried to even my raging breath from anger. As they keep whispering, I can tell they debate each other that is going to wake me up. 

 

“Wake him up will you?” This time the idiots shout not ‘whispering’ again. “We’ll be in trouble if you don’t”

 

Trouble? I bet its father. Not even when I'm sick, I can have a peaceful day. What does he want now?

 

“Why me? Why can’t you do it?” The other said in a hushed tone. “Just get it over with will you? We have other chores. I don’t want to be here when master found out he’s not awake” And so the debates continue. They begin to yell out and a frustrated sigh can be heard across the room. Suddenly one of them comes out with an idea, he opens the curtain and allows the sunrise to come.

 

I grab the pillow below my head and throw it at someone. I give my dead glare to every one of them. I point to the door, they nodded and hurriedly race to the door. I peeked at the clock on the wall, the hand point at 07:05. I sat up straight, feeling strange as I absorbed the fact I don’t even feel pain. Jongdae has gotten better lately.

 

A light nudge to my left shakes me up from complimenting him. Sunrise coming through every edge from the opened curtain, showing me off about how bright it can be. Ignoring it, I firmly squeeze my eyelids close.

 

Worry flooded me when I took in that father wants to see me. Quickly I kick off the cover and touch the floors with my feet. Rubbing my face, I walk to the bathroom and have a quick wash. I brush my teeth and splatter my face with cold water. By the time I was finished, I search a towel in the guest closet. But before I can reach it, I stop in the middle. I gulp shakily seeing the figure.

 

“My baby... Are you okay?” Her voice is smooth; her round sparkly eyes with thick and long eyelashes are a package of beauty with small lips.

 

Excitement meets me. I know whenever she’s around, father won’t harm me. At least not as bad as usual. She hugs me tight and patted my head. Then she grabs both of my shoulders and looks to my eyes, asking the same question. I nodded repeatedly, and give her my genuine smile.

 

She asked me how I got hurt, and I end up making up a story to cover my beloved father. Of course, at first, she didn’t believe me; she said my ‘joking with a friend’ excuse is crazy. But after minutes assuring her to let it go, she gave up and agreed. She just sticks to ‘because I’m a boy’ concept, I have no idea what that means.

 

“Shower first then come down okay?” She said

 

“Yes, mom” sighing I begin my journey to the closet and take out my freshly wash towel. Mom left the second I switch the bathroom light back on. I take slow steps to the bathroom and lock the door behind me. I turn the shower on hot and stripped down. Stepping into the shower the hot water massaged my muscle. I exhale feeling it well on my skin. I pour a generous amount of shampoo into my hand, scrubbing it on my head. Then continue to wrap my body with soap.

 

After I’m done glasses around the shower were all covered with steam. I graced my finger carving Sehun's name. Honestly, I’m doing a pretty good job, containing myself running back to him. I feel proud of myself. And after much thought, it can’t be that bad right? To not having him? I can still be his friend

 

I snorted out loud. There’s no chance of being friends if one of them has feelings for others. However, I can only hope. I walked out with the only a towel on my waist and another hanging on my shoulder. Again I meet with someone, but this time is slightly different. Her eyes are full of fury. Still, I’m half- and there’s a woman in my room.

 

“Mom! What are you doing here?!” I hurriedly back to the bathroom, and cover my body with the door. Poking my head a little. “I’m not dressed! Get out please!”

 

Crossing her arms on her chest, she tapped her arm several times ignoring my plead. I watch her as she walks towards my closet to grab a pair of boxers and a shirt for me. Heavens, I’m a full-grown man and she treats me like this? I groaned.

 

She throws them at me, and thankfully on my good reflects I catch them on time before they get wet on the floor. I shut the bathroom door, and quickly put them on. I dry my hair a little before opening the door again.

 

She keeps glaring at me as I take the used towels and drop the used towels near my bed. Going to my bed I grab my phone and charge it. Unlocking my screen, I see its Wednesday. Oh my. I was ready to come down when mom blocks my way. I raised an eyebrow at her in confusion. I notice she still has that death glare.

 

“What?” I asked her not comfortable anymore with her heated eyes.

 

“Care to explain why are you skipping your classes?” She squints her eyes, whilst approaching me. When she’s close enough she tiptoed to get on my eye level, trying to get me to feel intimidated. Avoiding her eyes I glance down to my feet. I felt a small pressure on my cheek and pain coming shortly. She pinches me to get an answer.

 

Thinking I already had enough stretched cheeks I try to push her hand away. She released it, but this time she dragged me to my bed by taking a hold of my ear. “Ow ow ow!” I pouted when I slump down on my bed sitting up straight ignoring the slight ache from my back.

 

Turning on her heels she grabbed another towel and begins drying my hair. I stay still and let her do her job. She kept doing this for about five minutes and tossed it on the floor. “If your excuse is only about messing with your friend, I suppose it can’t harm you enough to skip classes.” My disheveled hair blocking her face a little and I shook my head hard to get my hair out of the way.

 

“But mom-“I stopped in mid-sentence. I can’t tell her the truth. “Fine, I’ll go. I’m going okay?”

 

Bright smiles appear on her face, showing her pearly white teeth. “Now that’s my boy” she patted my head and ruffled it. “Now go change. Honestly, boy, you’re 21 and you still wear your shirt backward? Tsk tsk” I blink taken aback a little, I couldn’t have- I looked down and sure enough the backside of the shirt is there. I groaned loudly, telling her it because I put them on too quickly. She only laughed at me shaking her head.

 

I pulled my shirt up over my head, and take another t-shirt then put it on. Once again I was ready to come down when I heard my mom clear behind me. I turned around lazily.

 

“You’re not going with those are you?” She pointed below my belly and I follow her finger. “I know you’re a stunning baby, but please have manners. You can’t go to class wearing boxers”

 

I mentally facepalmed.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Parking my car. I shut the engine down and step out. Sunshine brightly blinding my focus for a moment. I slung my back my bag over my shoulder; straighten my shirt that clung tightly to my frame. My foot carries me to class as my eyes found the ground. Slowly, people notice my existence. A murmur can be heard all around the corner. Even the girls start calling my name.

 

A group of people can be seen circling me. Keeping my view still, unbothered by the environments, I proceed my way a bit faster. They praise me in their hush tone but I can still catch it. Among them shout of boys trying to get their girlfriends to go. I really hope they would just drag them away already...

 

The low murmurs constantly stay like the sun above me. It’s annoying. I had to stay cool though, I must stay calm or my moron self will cause trouble. One by one their squeals reach my lovely ears. Randomly waving at me, they begin to fix their hair to get into my view. Suddenly the area became a mini-concert for me. Thankfully my first class isn’t far. I asked politely to them to move away, but they just kept getting closer and closer. I need to get in that class and they making it hard.

 

Flashes of light startled me. Sounds of a picture being taken like a beat to a melody, steady. Covering my face with my hand, occasionally I felt hands on my figure. I squint my eyes some more, adjusting to the new bright lights from the camera. My head moves from right to left, again and again, trying to find an exit. Sadly when the time I realize, they are all around me, barely giving me any space. Screams of wanting coming out from their lips. I pleaded them to let me go, but my voice buried by the loud shouting.

 

I flinch when I sense there’s a hand on my wrist. It dragged me away past them. I stumble on my way as my rescuer pulled hard on me. By the time I knew it, I and he are running away to the back of the building. When we arrive he releases me, and I keep my hands on my knee, bending, and gasping for breath.

 

My feet tremble when I feel pain on my chest and back again. Gladly this time it’s bearable, yet the feel of being poked by needles is still making me in pain.

 

He turned his body to face me. Presently, he’s in the same condition as I am. His chest rising up and down whilst he quickly takes oxygen into his system. Although I knew I need to thank him, my mouth couldn’t work properly except breathing.

 

He slumps down on the bench. We’re currently at the small park near the abandoned building. Grass already reaches our calf, yet it somehow makes it more beautiful with wildflowers here and there. Trees are lining up to a small path which I assume leading back to the main building.

 

The bench is old. The wood is spongy and producing a small cracking sound when he sits. I stay on my feet, afraid it couldn’t take our weight at the same time.

 

Guessing I had enough air in me, I glance over my back to see if there is someone following us.

 

“Don’t worry, they won’t come here,” he said to me between gasp. Guilt eating me slowly when I see he’s drenched in his sweat. He looks horrible; his hair is messy, not kind of messy in a good looking way. He tilted his head back so he can learn some more on the bench as he straightens his legs. His hoodie rolling up a bit revealing his skin a little. He swept his sweat with the back of his hand.

 

Now I can see his face clearly, and somehow I think I knew this guy. I’ve met him somewhere. But I can’t remember where or how. I curse on my pitiful memory.

 

“How do you know?” I asked him with a hint of curiosity.

 

“There’s a rumor that the old abandoned building behind us, is haunted.” He shrugged. He said that as if it didn’t matter to him. Haunted really? You choose to save someone and bring them to a spooky place? Who does that? I scoffed out loud.

 

Taking out my phone from my pocket I check the time only knowing the first period is already over. I groaned in annoyances. At this rate, I won’t be able to learn anything to inherit the company.

 

My birthday is in a few months away, I need to be qualified so I can take over. Honestly, I already have enough knowledge in business; the only problem is my still poor Korean language. How am I supposed to run a business if I can’t communicate with my clients? I run my fingers through my hair as I messing it up. I really don’t care anymore about the ancient bench so I make my way towards it.

 

When I’m about to sit, he raised his hand to me, signaling to stop. Obviously he knew it will break if I put my weight on them. He patted the ground with his feet, whilst telling me to sit on the ground instead. Whoa. This guy is crazy. I gaped in disbelieved. His face shows amusement, and slowly a smirk performs. Adding a shrug he's acting he didn’t have any other choice.

 

Scowling, I concentrate on hating him so much that I don’t notice when there is another footstep nearing us. He pointed out behind me, and I tore my gaze away from him.

 

I leered over whoever making that sound and I found a guy with a slightly round face. His short feet struggling to pace faster to us. He’s so cute. I’m stunned when his face becoming closer to me. He so freaking cute, his chubby face attempting me to pinch them, making me wonder just how long I can stretch that out.

 

He redoes my action before when he clutches his feet to steady him and breathing hard. He spread his one hand out to the guy on the bench and showing him a crumpled paper. The guy then stood up and retrieves it.

 

The cute guy then takes his place on occupying the bench. Unlike the other guy, he actually asks me to sit beside him. I look at him in confusion, wondering if he’s serious. Then what do you know, he tells me that it’s actually pretty strong to take us both.

 

I snorted to the sky, as I continue my glare on the guy who’s busy reading whatever written on that letter. Suddenly he grips tighter and he clenched his jaw as his fist beside him trembling. “We need to go. Come on” he gestured his hands as if calling me and the cute guy to follow him without even turning his back. And out of nowhere, he sprinted away.

 

The cute guy instantly stood up and pacing to leave also. Leaving me to wake up from bewilderment and start running out to reach them. Here we go again with the running, I groaned.