Blind Date

Unusual Roommates

The day of the date came sooner than Jinsoul could realize.

If it wasn't for Sooyoung literally yelling into her ear that today was the day, Jinsoul might as well would've forgotten.

Now she was in her room, more or less throwing on some random clothes she found while rummaging through her closet. They turned out to be casual and rather comfortable. Usually Jinsoul would've put more effort into the choice of her clothing but she just wasn't in the mood to go out today, so the baggy hoodie and the loose pair of Jeans must be enough (she looked perfect anyway).

If Sooyoung wasn't standing right in front of her door right now, Jinsoul would've probably ditched her date but now she was forced to leave. So after checking herself in the mirror again, she left, Sooyoung cheering her on for whatever reason.

The place where the 'date' was supposed to happen was a small cafe the locals often visited. It was also quite close to the dormitory, making it a rather short walk for Jinsoul.

While making her way down the streets, Jinsouls mind (like often before) drifted off to Jungeun, who had left hastily about an hour prior to her. She had worn fancier clothes than what she'd usually wear, which made Jinsoul almost suspicious. Furthermore Jungeun refused to tell her where she'd go, making Jinsoul actually concerned. 

 

-Flashback-

 

"Relax Jinsoul, Jiwoo knows where I'm going."

"No I'm not going to get robbed."

"No I won't get murdered."

"And I'm certainly not going to get kidnapped by some hot daughter of a gangster, whom I'll fall in love and run away with."

"But..But.."

"Your concerns flatter me Jinsoul but I'll be fine."

Jinsoul still didn't look convinced but it's not like she could keep Jungeun from going.

"Alright but don't come crying to me when they're threatening to sacrifice you in order to summon a demon."

"Sure.. I'll keep that in mind."

 

-Flashback end-

 

Shaking off her worries, Jinsoul pushed the door to the cafe open, taking in the familiar surroundings. Everything was exactly like the last time she was here, which was about.. 1 week ago.

Now that she was here, she also realized she held no information about the person she was supposed to meet up with. She didn't know their name and also didn't have at least a description of their appearance. Sooyoung had just told her that she knew it would be the right person when looking at them.

Looking around Jinsoul could only see a bunch of old people gossiping though.

Jinsoul was about to turn around and walk home again, just to tell Sooyoung that she 'tried' and just couldn't find the person, when her eyes met a pair of familiar black ones. 

What was she doing here?

Jinsouls feet were suddenly moving on their own, bringing her closer to the younger girl she certainly didn't expect to see here.

She felt nervousness wash over her for some reason and even her heart betrayed her, speeding up rapidly.

Why was she so nervous? Jungeun was her roommate, they saw eachother everyday and were on good terms.

Jinsoul did her best to avoid Jungeuns questioning gaze.

"Oh Jinsoul, what are you doing here?" Jungeun spoke up. If Jinsouls uneasiness wasn't present before it surely was now. She couldn't ignore the unusual sharp tone in the other girls voice. It sounded almost.. mad?

Was Jungeun mad? Why was she mad? Did Jinsoul do something that upset her? 

Jinsoul could practically feel her worries creeping up her neck.

"Well, I-I could ask you the same thing..," now Jinsoul was mad at herself for stuttering. What was she, a seventh grader facing her crush?

(Close enough)

"I asked you first."

"I asked you second."

The conversation probably couldn't get worse than this.

Jinsoul could only hope.

 

---------------------------

 

It almost sounded harsh but the last person Jungeun wanted to see in the cafe was Jinsoul but there she was in all her glory. Jungeun still couldn't help but think that Jinsoul looked adorable in her baggy clothes, in fact it was one of her favorite looks on the older girl, besides the cringy pyjamas she would wear on their movie nights.

Now was not the time to fawn over her though.

Why was Jinsoul here?

Was she here to ruin Jungeuns non-existent relationship?

Did Jiwoo tell her what she was doing here?

Jungeun didn't even know why she grew so mad at Jinsoul all of a sudden. She had no right to be mad at her. It's not like Jinsoul was at fault for being too gorgeous for Jungeun to handle.

In reality Jungeun was mad at herself, for falling yet again for a woman that she thought to be way out of her league.

And her pride once again kept her from accepting her feelings.

After exchanging a few words they stood in silence for awhile, staring eachother down, until a member of the staff came up to them to ask if he could help them or if they just planned on standing frozen on the spot the whole day.

Jungeun assured him they were fine and just needed a moment. The staff left (clearly confused) and the two looked at eachother again.

"I'm actually waiting for someone Jinsoul."

"What a coincidence, me too." 

Jungeun ignored the bitter feeling rising in her stomach and forced a smile.

"That's.. Great, have fun I guess."

With that Jungeun sat down at one of the cafe's tables.

Instead of bidding her goodbyes and leaving like Jungeun hoped she would, Jinsoul plopped herself in the seat right across from her. Jungeuns palms grew sweaty.

"What are you doing?"

"Taking a seat."

"You can't sit there, its reserved already."

"Yea for me."

"What?"

"What?"

Jungeun debated whether she should just call Jiwoo and tell her to get her out of here. She excused herself to the bathroom.

"Jiwoooooo!!"

"Ah, you don't need to shout Jungeun I can hear you just fine."

"You're in no position to talk right now! Listen, where is the person you set me up with at?? I'm waiting for fifteen minutes already and to make it worse Jinsoul just showed up and its awkward, so help me please? Also, why would you set me up with someone who's not punctual you know I hate people who aren't punctual-"

"Jungeun please stop rambling?"

"Sure, just get me out of here."

"Ok no wait, this was planned to go differently.. Can you promise not to yell at me?"

"I don't do promises you know that."

"Yea I do. Okay, so.. your date is actually.. um.. already there."

Jungeun needed a moment but then it clicked.

And she was mad.

"KIM JIWOO I SWEAR I'LL-"

Jiwoo hung up on her.

 

------------------------- 

 

Jinsoul waited patiently while Jungeun went to the bathroom. She just hoped the girl wouldn't escape out the window and leave her behind, Jungeun hadn't been too glad when she had seen Jinsoul step inside the cafe.

Jinsoul already forgot about the date she was here for initially and concentrated on getting informations out of Jungeun instead. Jinsoul was confused as to why Jungeun would refuse to tell her where she'd go, when she just went to some insignificant cafe.

What made Jinsoul more anxious however, was the fact that Jungeun was here to meet up with someone and her gut feeling told her it was no one Jinsoul was familiar with.

She ignored the fact that she was also here to meet up with someone unknown and she didn't tell Jungeun beforehand either.

Its not like Jungeun asked her about it though, so Jinsouls case was clearly different.

Jinsoul looked up when she heard steps coming her way. She froze in fear almost immediately. 

If Jungeun didn't already sound mad before, she now looked mad. And mad Jungeun was mad scary.

Jinsoul clenched her fists under the table, almost bracing herself to be yelled at but instead Jungeuns tone sounded almost normal. 

Her eyes gave her mood away though.

"Let's get this over with."

Jinsoul didn't really understand what was up with Jungeun or what she was mumbling about but she didn't complain when the girl ordered for them. Jungeun hadn't really bothered about asking Jinsoul what she wanted she just ordered, so Jinsoul had to accept her fate.

"So, are you ever gonna tell me about what you are doing here?"

Jungeun just looked at Jinsoul, enough to make Jinsoul shrink in her seat.

"Only if you tell me why you're here."

Jinsoul sat up again, sighing lightly. There was no escape anyway.

"Sooyoung kinda forced me to go on a... Blind Date or whatever."

"So that was their plan huh."

"Their plan? What are you saying??"

"Jiwoo also set me up for a blind date."

"And?"

Jinsoul couldn't follow Jungeun. So both of their friends felt like they needed to arrange dates for them. Was that unusual?

"Jinsoul use your brain cells please. Sooyoung set you up for a date, Jiwoo arranged a date for me. We're both here, at the same time." 

"Oh wow, they really wanted us to have a double blind date??"

Jinsoul couldn't even react when Jungeun grabbed her by her collar and pulled her closer until they were face to face.

"No you idiot, I am your date and you are mine. They set us up. U S."

"Oh."

As Jungeun let go Jinsoul fell back in her seat, unable to hide her blush.

Jinsoul didn't know if she should be mad at Sooyoung or if she should be thankful.

Maybe both.

At least Sooyoung set her up with someone she was actually interested in.

Wait.

As she watched Jungeun silently sipping the drink she had ordered, her hair falling perfectly in place, Jinsoul accepted her fate once again.

She had fallen for Kim Jungeun.

"Stop staring creep."

"Oops, sorry."

They locked eyes once again and Jinsoul swear she saw a faint of pink across Jungeuns cheeks.

"Now that we're here might as well make the best of it, alright? But this is  n o t  a date, it's just us having lunch like usual."

"Alright."

It did hurt Jinsoul a little, as Jungeun had sounded a little harsh. At least the atmosphere wasn't that awkward anymore. 

The two ate and drank in silence mostly. When they were finished they headed back to their dorm.

Jinsouls insecurity got the best of her.

"You're not mad at me, are you?"

Jungeun turned to look at her, her gaze softer than before.

"Why would I be mad at you Jinsoul? If anything I'm mad at Jiwoo. At Sooyoung too probably. They made it awkward. I don't even get what their goal was."

Jinsoul felt better, knowing that Jungeun didn't think it was her fault.

"Yea, I'll go talk to Sooyoung later don't worry."

 

Jungeun and Jiwoo ended up having an argument about whether Jungeun had a crush on Jinsoul or not, while Jinsoul admitted to Sooyoung that she had a crush on Jungeun.

 

--------------------------

 

A/n- Hi there! This took a long time to write and my creativity kinda died here, so if the chapter comes across messy, I'm sorry lmao  Lippie is still a Tsundere in denial and Jinsoul finally accepted the fact that she's whipped. We'll see how their story continues in the next chapter, hopefully they're not awkward now that they've discovered that their best friends ship them haha