Denial

Unusual Roommates

 In the following weeks Jungeun couldn't help but feel giddy everytime Jinsoul talked to her or went out for lunch with her.

They also had movie nights every now and then, mostly because Jinsoul insisted it was a 'roommate thing' and must be done.

Little did she know Jungeun couldn't concentrate on whatever was happening on screen when Jinsoul sat next to her, reacting to the movies in the cutest ways.

Jungeun still convinced herself that she didn't like the girl 'that' way. It was more in a friendly, friend type of way. Nothing wrong with admiring someone precious right?

"You totally have a crush on her."

"You know what Jiwoo, maybe I shouldn't have talked to you about it in the first place." 

"Nonono, I'm sorry, please sit back down?" 

Jungeun couldn't really refuse when Jiwoo practically begged with puppy eyes.

She had come to the person she trusted the most to talk about her feelings, since they were persistent. She was here to get reassurance, not to be teased.

"Don't worry too much Jungeun, maybe you're right and only like her as a friend. In the end everything will settle when you two have a consistent friendship."

Jungeun wanted to believe this. Jiwoo totally didn't believe her own words.

"Alright, thanks for being there."

"Always!" 

Jungeun was satisfied with the answer she got out of her best friend and headed back to her room, needing some time for herself.

Too bad Jiwoo knew Jungeun too well. She knew the girl was in denial.

When Sooyoung returned to her and Jiwoos room she was met with the latter staring right at her, a big grin plastered on her face.

Oh no.

"What is it Jiwoo?"

"We're making our debut as wingwomen!"

 

------------------

 

Just like that the two (technically just Jiwoo dragging Sooyoung into it) made plans to set up Jinsoul and Jungeun for nothing other than a date.

Since Jiwoo knew that Jungeun would never ever agree to go on a date with Jinsoul, she decided it was best to disguise it as a blind date. "Would Jinsoul agree on a blind date?" Jiwoo asked, looking at Sooyoung. She had her ways to convince Jungeun but she didn't know Jinsoul very well.

"Eh whatever, I'll force her. Wouldn't be the first time."

"It's settled then! Let's get them together."

While Jiwoo made her way to Jungeun, Sooyoung texted Jinsoul to meet her for lunch. Jinsoul refused, saying she already told Jungeun she'd eat lunch with her. So Sooyoung literally had to call her and tell her it's urgent and couldn't wait. 

"I swear to god Sooyoung, you better not be joking."

"It's important dude, don't make me come get you."

Sooyoung could tell Jinsoul was not happy at all since her voice changed into her grumpy tone. It was no secret to her that Jinsoul was already clearly whipped for Jungeun. It actually wasn't a secret to anyone, except for Jinsoul herself and Jungeun apparently.

 

Jungeun wasn't in a good mood when Jiwoo arrived and knocked at her door, since Jinsoul had cancelled their lunch meeting. 

 

Was there something or someone more important than her?

 

But Jungeun told herself to stop being a weirdo, acting like she was the only one in Jinsouls life.

"Guess what?" Jiwoo started, not even expecting an answer. "You're having a blind date this Friday!!" She blabbed, her voice even higher than usual due to all the excitement that bubbled up.

"What?"

"You're having a blind date! Come on, Jungeun, it will be fun I swear! It will probably even help you relax a little!"

Jungeun was truly at loss for words. She hadn't asked for this. She didn't want to go.

Which is when she noticed that she didn't want to go because of Jinsoul.

Upon realizing, her chest felt heavy, filled with a bitter feeling.

But what if Jiwoo was right and it would help her relax and sort out her feelings.

"Alright, I will go just let me know the time and place." Jungeun mumbled quietly, Jiwoo almost didn't hear her. Feeling a little bad for tricking her best friend like this Jiwoo took Jungeuns hands in hers, smiling at her comfortingly. "It will be fine Jungeun, you can leave anytime if you're uncomfortable, I'll be right there." 

Jungeun thanked her and gave the girl a hug. "You're lucky you mean something to me or else I would've probably chugged you out the window already." Jiwoo just laughed at Jungeuns antics, showing off her infamous aegyo, making Jungeun cringe. "Luv you too Jungeun!"

 

Meanwhile Jinsoul and Sooyoung...

 

"You seriously made me cancel lunch plans just so you could force me into going on a blind date?"

"Yea something like that."

Jinsoul was pretty much fuming with anger but she controlled herself and gave Sooyoung a very fake and threatening smile.

"Why didn't you tell me over the phone??"

Sooyoung shrugged and picked at the salad she had ordered.

"Didn't feel like it."

Jinsoul was very close to just grabbing Sooyoung by her collar and pulling her over the table but she knew better. She was the laid back one, there was no need to go overboard.

"So you think I'll go just like that?"

"Yes. At least if you don't want my whole gang showing up at your door."

 

She wouldn't dare. 

 

Yes she would.

And that's why Jinsoul agreed but not without calling Sooyoung every word she could think of. Not that it bothered the latter in any way. She just chuckled and told her she'd be thankful at some point.

Jinsoul only scoffed and went back to her shared room with Jungeun.

Both Jiwoo and Sooyoung were satisfied (Sooyoung more because Jiwoo was happy and showered her with hugs) and texted the girls the time and place.

Jungeun and Jinsoul each sat in their room, thinking about the blind date, neither of them knowing they were each others match. Jungeun tried to look forward to it and Jinsoul just didn't care. She knew she didn't want to be with whatever person would meet up with her, simply because it wouldn't be Jungeun.

Or so she thought.

 

----------------

 

A/n- It took me longer to update than I thought but I finally did it. Hope y'all enjoyed it, I will see you at Jungeuns and Jinsouls arranged 'blind date' lol