...fun

Quarantine with Donghae is...

 

“I was thinking, maybe we should play some games to get to know each other?”

“That’s great. Let’s do that.” Donghae sat beside me, crossing his legs and miming my actions.

“Should we start with a simple one like 20 questions?” I asked, being so curious to find out more stuff about my bias.

“It seems simple at first, but I get stuck fast.” he rubbed both hands on his face. 

“No problem, we’ll play and see where this is taking us.”

“Alright, fiiiirst question!” he took the TV remote and pretended he spoke in a microphone. “What is your favorite color?”

“Are you kidding?” 

“I’m asking the question now.”

I sighed, playing along . “Iiiiit's...blue.”

He handed me the remote, proud of my answer. “What is your favorite color?”

“Same.” He simply answered, snatching the remote. “How old are you?”

“Are you seriously asking that a lady?” I raised an eyebrow and decided to answer it after he chuckled. “I’m 27.”

“No way. You’re lying.”

“What? I’m not lying. I can show you my ID.”

“But you look 20.” He smirked.

“Playing games I see. Alright.” I smiled devilish, having a new idea of question. “Do you have a girlfriend at the moment?”

“Wow, you’re good...” he got his face closer to me, whispering. “No, I don’t. I’m taking the possibility into consideration though.”

My heart started to beat faster, feeling it in my chest. I gulped, even if he went back in the previous position, I could feel his gaze on me. How can a shy guy like him hit on me like that? I’m enjoying it.

“Are you y, free and single?” he laughed at his own silliness.

“I am.” I gave him a side-smile. “Actually, I’m recovering after a break-up.”

“Oh...I didn’t know. I’m sorry.” He frowned, having his hands crossed at his chest. That muscular chest tho...I was seeing it through his white t-shirt.

“Nah, it’s fine. This story is for another time.” I waved my hand. “Easy question. What is the reason you, out of everybody, took me with you?”

“Well...” he ran a hand through his hair, reverting to the initial position. “They say if you find a treasure at the end of a rainbow, take it. And the rainbow showed up at the same time you did.”

“Ok. Stop, stop, stop.” I waved my hands like crazy. “You should know this about me, I can’t handle too many hits. If you start it, I can’t put an end to it. I keep going and going until it gets weird.”

“That’s what a...” and he quoted with his fingers. “...’treasure’ would say.” Donghae stood up, bringing me a cup of warm water. “This will calm us down a bit. I feel dehydrated for some reason and you look too. It’s healthy to drink it like this.”

“Speaking of which, I need to do some exercise...I mean, I missed a few days already.” I pouted. I hate when that happenes. I guess life happens and you can only just deal with it.

“We can start tomorrow morning, what do you say?”

“Perfect.”

“My turn now.” He laughed when I whispered an ‘oh, no’. “Who is your bias?”

“Oooohohoho...nope. Not telling ya.”

“Come on, it’s part of the game.”

“You will find out at the right time. That’s my answer.”

“But I’m not happy with it.”

“Show me where it says in the rules that you have to be happy with the answer.”

“We’re not even playing the official 20 questions.” He pouted.

“This is sort of official too. Anyway, you’ll find out soon.”

“Fine, fine...”

“My question...why are you making me nervous and embarrassed?” I asked, trying to put a finger on the situation. I was a bit confused to be honest.

“Isn’t it obvious already? I’m pouring my heart out in this game.” He kept his eyes on me, his arms crossed against his chest. He had this allure of a man with high ego. What happened to the sweet Donghae? It was a bit weird.

“Fine, I’ll change the question. Favorite food?”

He thought for a second. “My mom’s.” he smiled proudly.

“That’s so cute.” He was cute all right, not arrogant. 

"It's the truth though." he shrugged.