...healthy

Quarantine with Donghae is...

 

On the third morning, I woke up early and did my stretching. Donghae was still sleeping in his room because I kept on nagging him to do so because I took the couch, of course. I couldn’t let him do that. He was paying for everything and I felt obliged to do that.

I got out a few eggs and fruits for a boost of energy. I started to hum to ‘Sunrise’ by DnE, trying to be as quiet as possible. Of course I didn’t manage to do that.

I heard a loud sniff behind me. “What are you cooking there?”

I gasped, holding my chest. “You scared me. Don’t sneak up on me, mister.”

“Sorry, I didn’t mean to scare you.”

“I promised to cook every day and I’m starting with breakfast: eggs, fruits and a bit of bread to boost us.” I smiled proudly.

“Nice.” He commented, sitting at the table and watching me patiently.

“It’s almost ready.”

“Take your time. We have plenty now.”

“Yeah...I was thinking maybe I’ll cook some doritang chicken later.”

“Are you kidding? It’s my favorite!”

I chuckled at his cuteness. “Can’t wait to eat it too. How do you even say it in Korean?”

“Dakbokkeumtang or dakmaeunjjim. They’re practically the same thing. Or the popular dakdoritang.”

“Dak-do-ri-tang. Yeah, that’s easier.”

There was a silence between us as we started to eat. He ate like a real man, meaning he left nothing in the plate. A true cooker or even a woman appreciates that action. “I see you liked it.”

“For a long time I’ve been my own cooker. Now that I have you, it’s a relief to eat something made out of the hands of a woman. I don’t mean I won’t cook either.”

“You don’t have to! I told you, this is the least I can do for now.”

“I’ll just prepare some Korean ramen, don’t worry.” He chuckled, putting his plate in the sink and taking mine as well to wash it. A man washing dishes? It was hot. That’s how you see it as a woman. It was really hot. I had to gulp down a big glass of water after seeing that image.

“Ok...I’m going to change with the sweatpants you gave me. I only have casual outfits.”

“Sure. I’ll think of a workout for both of us in the meantime.”

“Great.” I went to the room, closing the door behind me and letting a sigh out which I didn’t even know I was holding. He was my bias for God’s sake. It was normal to react that way to him. I couldn’t believe I was liking him more and more. I went out of the room and in the living room. He made enough space for the both of us to move. He opened Youtube on his TV and shuffled a playlist of his. I noticed it was named ‘Move’. I bit my lip, trying not to smile.

“Don’t stretch without me! But be aware because I do yoga and dancing only.”

“Dancing, huh? That’s perfect.”

“What do you mean?” I asked, trying to find a rhythm for my breathing first.

“I understand you know how to dance. Do you know any Super Junior dances?”

“Oh, you mean that. I’m not a professional dancer. I only follow the routine and well, I know some of the dances by heart.”

“Then follow me.” Donghae started to dance to some fun DnE songs, like ‘Oppa, oppa’, ‘bout you’ and ‘Chok chok’.

“This is a fun way to do a bit of cardio too.” I smiled, starting to just improvise when ‘2ya2yao’ started. He enjoyed seeing me doing it and did it himself too. But an unexpected song started to play, ‘I wanna love you’.

“Donghae...” I breathed out while he came closer to me, taking my hands and starting to slow dance. I put mine around his neck, looking into his eyes. His eyes were crazy brown, going down to my lips then up to my eyes again. It was a tensed moment, but so soothing. He spun me around slowly, pulling me back in his arms. We both stood like that the rest of the song, swinging gently.

“Can we take a break?” he pressed pause to ‘Take it slow’. It looked like it wasn’t part of the playlist, but we danced to so many songs, the playlist had to put up more related videos.

“Yes, please. We burned a few calories, huh?” I nudged him with my elbow.

"Yeah. We have to start that chicken as it takes some time to do it. I can't stop thinking about it."

I started to laugh uncontrollably. "Bwahahaha ok, sweetie."