...educative

Quarantine with Donghae is...

 

I put the warm food on the table, trying to unhook the knot I made for the cooking apron in the back. Donghae came behind me, putting my hands away and doing it himself.

“Thank you, Hae.”

He went to his seat, smiling. “You’re welcome.”

“I see your English improved so much.”

“I’m studying before going to bed and it helps so much. I want to learn more because I want to speak with my fans.”

“Trust me, that’s the sweetest thing ever. You’re so devoted to the ELFs. And they all love you.” I sat at the table, blowing in the food and listening to Donghae’s cute voice while he tried to speak English.

“Hehe I know.”

“I can help you learn faster if you want. You understand some of it and we can use exercises and fun games if you wish. I don’t have anything else to do anyway.”

“Will you really teach me?” he got excited and took my hand, kissing the back of it, then putting his forehead on the spot. “I can’t thank you enough. I’ve been struggling to learn it by myself.”

I stood there, looking at him in awe. I was stunned by his actions. I cleared my throat, taking back my hand. “Don’t worry about it. This is the least I can do for you.”

“You’ve done so much already. Stop pressuring yourself and be comfortable. You are my guest though.”

“Fine, fine. Just because you ask me so nicely.”

Later that day, Donghae decided to shoot a live by the window. He wore his reading glasses, carrying a book for children with religious stuff. I brought it online for him and it seemed like he didn’t want to leave it out of his hands.

“Hello, you guys! I’ve been learning English so I can communicate better with you.” He showed the fans who were watching the live the book he had and even read a bit from it. “All this thanks to my teacher here. Ok, not a real teacher, but a friend!” he went out of sight for a few moments, pulling me in front of the camera.

“What are you doing?” I asked, not seeing the live.

“I’m shooting a live! Say hello to everybody!” he took the phone and put it up like he was taking a selfie. He smiled like a kid when the comment section exploded.

“H-hello, ELFs!” I introduced myself, finishing it with a wave of my hand.

“She is the person who helped me learn more English and faster.”

“Yes, I help him everyday! And he improved so much already. Just for you.”

“Also, she is the one who takes photos of me. She’s been a great help around....” he kept scrolling the comments.

“Oh nooo, no, no, no.” I blushed. “We’re not together. We are just friends!”

He also laughed awkwardly, scrolling some more. “I know, she is beautiful indeed!”

“Don’t say that.” I whispered, covering my face.

“My beautiful friend!” he put the phone down in the previous position. “She also cooks and dances. Watch this.”

Donghae started to dance to 2ya2yao, making me go through a small part of the routine with him. I couldn’t because of embarrassment. I wasn’t a professional dancer like him. “Hae, I can’t continue.”

“Fine, then you guys should see this.” He went in the kitchen, taking the chicken I made and showing it to the camera. “This is my favorite! So delicious. What do you cook these days?”

The fans seemed to forget about my existence for a few minutes while he kept them busy. After the live, of course there were everywhere print screens and cut videos of us. Some were saying that we look good and maybe Donghae finally found a wife, some were saying I was too skinny, my appearance was weird and inappropriate and I was called some names. I can’t lie, I was expecting that to happen. But to my surprise, most of the comments were positive thoughts!

“Why did you film me?” I asked, putting myself on the couch, next to him.

“Come on, isn’t it obvious?”

“Not really...”

“Then it’s okay, I’ll keep doing what I’m doing.”

“You completely lost me on this.” I chuckled, looking at him intently, maybe he was telling me already.

“Too bad.” He stuck his tongue out at me and he received a smack from me.

 

A/N: Those imagines are silly, but I so enjoy writing them! They are not as detailed as my other story and are easier to write :D

Btw, if you want to read something more...serious, please read my story “When Donghae loves, he does it with all his heart”. Even though it’s not finished, I intend to write 4-5 more chapters and finish it faster. I hope to  finish it before starting to write lots of papers for college :’(