Chapter 5

I'll Keep You Safe
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I hate this puzzle, if I just hit this piece with the TV remote it might fit" Jeno says hitting the puzzle piece trying to make it match and fit.

"Hey that's cheating, do what I do start with the edges" jaemin smiles being delighted he got a corner and some of the side of the puzzle done.

"I can't do it" Jeno dramatically lays back on the floor defeated.

Ring ring

"Oh that's me" Jaehyun stands up from the floor moving away from the table the puzzle is on to answer the call.

"Mom hi" he says before leaving the room to talk in private to his mother.

Jeno on the other hand looks at the puzzle and starts to get excited finding a piece that fits. "Yes finally" he shouts being so proud of himself. He continues to look for more of the same colour till he hears footsteps walking closer. Turning he sees Jaemin hugging himself looking terrified.

"Hey is everything ok?" Jeno drops his puzzled piece back on the table as Jaemin sits on the sofa.

"My dad is showing symptoms of the virus, they both need to be tested" he wipes a stray tear from his cheek as Jeno crawls over to him and sits beside him. "They will be ok right, Jeno?" jaemin asks as all Jeno can do is comfort him not knowing what to say.

"I hate all this I really do. I'm scared Jeno I'm really scared. We have read plagues in history but I never thought I would be living through something like this" Jaemin reaches for the cushion close to him from the chair hugging it tight.

"All we can do is wait for your dad's results and just keep busy doing what we are told to do" Jaemin turns to face Jeno. "Can I have a hug I feel so lost" Jeno pulls away the pillow from jaemins lap and moves closer holding out his arms as the smaller snuggles into him. "What if he dies, and I can't see him" Jeno rocks the smaller softly hushing him from crying.

"Look how about later you video call your mum from my laptop that way you can see them both properly" Jaemin looks up from Jeno's chest smiling. "I would really like that actually" Jaemin sits up moving from Jenos embrace before excusing himself to the bathroom to wash his face.

"I'll make some lunch then I'm gonna get a hammer and make those damn puzzle  pieces fit they will not mock me" Jeno tried to lighten the mood as best as he can as Jaemin smiles a little in the bathroom as he dries his face.

He owes so much to Jeno for letting him stay and he will make it up to him somehow. He knows jeno is right all they can do is wait till his father gets his results. Till then he will keep strong as best as he can and try get through all this.

"Fancy having lunch now?" Jaemin says as he leaves the bathroom to find Jeno sitting on the floor next to the table with the puzzle on it holding a pair of scissors in one hand and a puzzle piece in the other.

"Eh that's cheating" jaemin can't help but laugh as Jeno lays back on the floor. "How can people do puzzles they give me anxiety" he huffs covering his face as Jaemin removes the scissors and places it back in the kitchen.

"Leave the puzzle I'm sure there is something else we can do without causing a murder scene of puzzle pieces around the place" Jaemin smiles as Jeno climbs up from the floor still huffing.

"We could exercise" Jeno says making them both laugh knowing that won't happen any time soon.

"I did notice there seems to be this new popular show on Netflix about a guy owning tigers and how he wanted this woman to die. Its a big hit online at the moment" Jaemin waits as Jeno grabs the remote to check what it is

"Oh yeah, I seen people online going crazy over this shall we watch it with our busy schedule? " he grits his teeth looking down at the puzzle knowing its mocking him still.

"Oh yeah we are a bit over worked today I'm sure we could find sometime from scratching ourself to watch it"

They both burst out laughing knowing they have literally nothing to do.

"Lets make lunch and see what the big deal is about the show" Jeno turns it on ready to press play as they hurry to make some lunch.

***

"How many episodes have we watched of that now? " Jeno tries to keep his eyes open as the credits pass for the episode.

"That was the fourth one, maybe we should watch the rest t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter