Happy Birthday ⁂ ❉ ✾

DAYLIGHTS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

⁂ ❉ ✾
Happy Birthday
Pairing: BaekhyunxOC

 

 

On the evening of May 6th.

I and our other friends surprised him with a simple birthday celebration at his secondary unit outside Seoul. I, including our three other friends, planned this as discreetly as we could. Well, I guess it also helped that he is a widely known celebrity who is always busy with his celebrity schedules. We were able to plan it well by using a separate group chat box which we named bhbp meaning Baekhyun’s birthday party.

We were successfully able to set everything up inside his house before he came at around seven in the evening. He was wearing a white t-shirt and pants, a white cap, and his bare handsome face. In short, he was nothing like the celebrity Baekhyun but the one we have known since our diaper years, Byun Baekhyun.

We were all giddy and sweating as we heard him unlock the door. As soon as he got inside his dark living room, and before he could even turn the lights on, all five of us left our hiding places and chorused on greeting him a happy birthday. Which I must note, by the looks of it, caught him off guard, as he almost made a little jump, dropping his keys on the floor.

“-” He hissed, a hand on his chest with eyes wide at us.

We all laughed at his reaction which was an indication that it was a success. Before he could even say another word, I stepped forward as I was holding the cake we bought for him. The candles were the only source of light amid the still-dim place.

I watched how his facial expression changed from shock to delight. The corner of his lips rose as he finally seemed to have realized what was happening when he saw the cake. We all sang the happy birthday song as we circled closely around him.

He watched and listened to us sing, looking absolutely happy. His eyes turned into beautiful crescents as he smiled widely, laughing in between the songs as Junho and Chanyeong, our male friends were purposely singing off-tuned to annoy him.

When the singing and the laughing stopped, I was the closest to him, with the cake between us. It was inevitable to meet his eyes in close proximity. I smiled at him and mouthed a silent happy birthday which received a delightful small laugh from him.

“Make a wish,” Junho told him before he could blow out the candle.

“Okay.” He nodded, as he closed his eyes for a few good seconds before blowing out the candles.

After the candles were blown, it was Junho and Mina’s phones that provided light.

“What did you wish for?” Chanyeong asked this time, standing close to Baekhyun and draping an arm over his shoulders.

“Well.” He shoved a hand inside his pants pocket and then trailed his attention on all of us, one after the other. “Nah, I’m not telling you guys.” He replied, a hint of a laugh in his tone.

“C’mon man.” Junho tried to persuade him by jokingly cupping his face with his hands. “You must tell us.”

Baekhyun laughed at what he did just as they met eye to eye. We all ended up laughing as it was just a normal sight among us.

“Fine. Promise me you won’t laugh at my wish.” He finally agreed and waited for all of us to nod before lifting a hand to his temple and scratching it. “I wished that we were all in the friendship thing forever.”

All of us fell silent. Mina and I exchanged looks before we did with the rest of the guys. Baekhyun seemed to have wondered why none of us talked. I guess because what he said moved all of us. He, being the Byun Baekhyun the world knows, seemed to have everything in life and could have wished for anything else, but still wished for our friendship to last forever.

If I was not mistaken, I saw Junho and Chanyeong’s teary eyes as they blinked. Mina also wore the same expression while I just stared back at Baekhyun. He never failed to amaze me with his humility.

“You should have made us promise not to cry instead,” Mina spoke, in a downward curve while she swiftly wiped the corners of her eyes.

It was Baekhyun’s turn to laugh at our reactions.

“But seriously guys,” He said. “You know how much you keep my sanity intact all these years. I draw a huge part of my strength from you guys.” He took a deep breath. “I can’t thank you enough for sticking by my side all this time.”

I remember all the previous times we all set a time to attend his concerts and how he consistently thanked us every single time.

“Yah.” Junho groaned, sniffling. “Who gave you the right to make us cry today? You were supposed to be the one to shed tears because it’s your birthday and not the other way around.”

“Don’t go crying on me now Kim Junho.” Baekhyun tapped Junho’s arm. “You too man,” he turned to Chanyeong.”

“Who’s crying?” Chanyeong quickly denied it as he straightened his posture. “The wind in your apartment is quite strong, it’s hurting my eyes. I suggest you check the ventilation.”

We all burst into group laughter once more due to Chanyeong’s remark.

“Okay, now. You brought some more food, didn’t you?” Baekhyun asked as he leaned closer to the cake, lifting a hand on it.

“Of course we did,” I answered, as I waited for him to taste the cake because that seemed to be what he was going to do.

“Great.” He added as he used his index finger to poke at the cake and brought it to his mouth but stopped.

We all watched him as he fell quiet. I was staring at him, wondering. Then all of a sudden, bringing me utter surprise, his finger wrapped in icing landed on my cheek.

“What the hell?” I asked, wide-eyed.

Then it happened so fast. One second we were just all standing, the next we were chasing each other in the dark as the others joined in the cake-smudging game that Baekhyun initiated.

I was still holding the remnants of the cake that I couldn’t clearly see because none of us even thought of turning the lights on. All I could hear were the random, boisterous laughs of all five of us trying to get away from each other.

I stood in the corner where I hoped no one would find me as I believed I had enough icing on my face already. I stayed there and listened to the others. I heard Mina scream as someone must have caught her. I heard Junho and Chanyeong’s voices too. I wonder where Baekhyun was.

I looked around, squinting my eyes trying to see when I felt a hand on my wrist. Surprised, I dropped what I was holding on the floor, the cake board creating a slight thud.

Though I couldn’t see anything, I knew who was standing closely next to me now. It was his scent that gave him away. It was Baekhyun.

“Don’t say a word.” I heard him whisper.

“You just did-” I replied using my normal voice but had to stop when I felt his hand cover my mouth.

Almost naturally, I made a step back and my back felt the wall behind me. What was he doing?

There was complete silence between us the next seconds the next few seconds. We listened to Mina cursing at Junho and Chanyeong on the other side of the area. We also heard footsteps everywhere as if they were looking for us.

We stayed there, standing next to each other as he finally uncovered my mouth with his hand. Yet, he was still standing very close to me. Then I remembered what he did to me earlier. I realized I had icing on my hands, so very quietly, I lifted my icing-covered hand and caressed his cheek with it.

I heard him let out a combination of a sigh and a small laugh. Even in the dark, I could perfectly imagine the reaction on his face. I had known him for too long I already memorized most of his expressions.

And then right at the same moment, the other guys finally switched the lights on which made me immediately exchange looks with the person in front of me.

A small gasp, almost a silent one, escaped my mouth when I realized that he was closer to me than I thought. One hand was leaning on the wall, specifically the spot next to my head. He wasn’t wearing any hat now which made his bare face free of access.

We heard several pairs of footsteps approaching our spot. Probably noticing the same thing, he stepped back before I had this crazy idea to apply some more icing on his other cheek using my hand. His eyebrows furrowed at my gesture. His mouth parted, probably to say something but the rest had found us.

“Hey losers,” I quickly greeted them, trying to act cool and un-panicked. “Look who I found,” I added, making sure I sounded as confident as I should.

“Woah!” Junho burst out laughing seeing Baekhyun’s face as he took his phone out and took a photo of him. “This is going straight to the group chat.”

“Park Haewon,” Mina clapped her hand. “You are something.” She gave me a pair of thumbs up.

“You mean, she’s dead,” Chanyeong spoke. “If his fangirls know what she did to his handsome face…”

“Well, it’s not like Baekhyun’s gonna share it publicly.” Mina reasoned out. “Right, Baek?”

“Now that you’ve mentioned it,” Baekhyun spoke and he took his phone from his pocket. “I thin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter