The Stories In The Deep Silences

Sweet Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Was that a set-up?” Hosung asked as him and Peng finally settled on their couch.

 

“Oh, definitely” Peng answered, then turned to look at his friend, “I thought with me around you’d have more confidence”

 

“I can’t even write to my soulmate, you expect me to be able to talk to a cute guy?” Hosung was dumbfounded, but Peng nodded.

 

“Especially when said cute guy got excited when you showed up” Peng smiled at Hosung, but he didn’t seem to believe Peng’s words.

 

“I doubt that’s why he was excited, you probably just read the situation wrong” Hosung looked straight ahead now, a sigh escaping him.

 

“I know you don’t wanna get your hopes up, but it wouldn’t hurt to at least make a new friend” Peng watched Hosung’s head fall to the side.

 

“And then what? I find out I’m not his soulmate and have to torture myself until the crush goes away?” He lolled his head towards Peng to meet his eyes as he spoke.

 

“But what if you are his soulmate?” Peng asked, but Hosung scoffed.

 

“I’m not that lucky, Peng” There was a small sad smile that came with the words.

 

Silence fell over them as Peng seriously contemplated telling Hosung the truth, but something stopped him. He felt that soulmates should find each other themselves, not through nosy friends.

 

Hosung looked down, “He’s probably already found his anyway”

 

“You don’t know that” Peng tried to reassure him.

 

“I don’t, but I’m willing to bet he has and it’s your friend that works with him” Hosung pointed a finger at Peng to make his point.

 

“Wooyoung? If that was the case I would’ve heard about it” Peng told him, and Hosung raised his eyebrows at him.

 

“You think so?” He asked, and Peng nodded.

 

“I know so” And suddenly, he knew he needed to change the subject before Hosung started asking about Peng’s soulmate, “Hey, what do you say to me treating you a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter