are you a 90 degree angle? cuz girl, you looking right.

Baby U (You are already in all of my mind)

Disclaimer: I don't remember anything from my Trigonometry class, so all mistakes are mine.


 

“Alright, unnie. Let’s get started.” Yuqi says as she pushes up her glasses. “Now, for this problem, we’re gonna solve for x while it’s in the denominator.”

 

She puts a neat number one below the question and writes the first equation beside it.

 

“So, here we have sine 32 degrees equals 14 over x. Since we can’t solve for x in the denominator, we have to times both sides by x and—”

 

The rest of her explanation goes unheard by Minnie, who has zoned out as soon as they began working on her cursed worksheet – and anything math-related is filtered through her ears like white noise. It’s not that she doesn’t want to pay attention to Yuqi (quite the opposite, really). But rather, she hated math with every fiber of her being. If it were up to her, she’d gladly avoid it for the rest of her life.

 

That being said, Minnie is thankful to be a Humanities student and not take up Calculus this year with some of her fellow batchmates in the STEM strand. However, she’s still required to take certain math subjects like Trigonometry and Statistics.

 

Just the mere thought of them causes Minnie to groan loudly, which interrupts the Han girl mid-talk as she is showing her how to divide for x. Her cheeks immediately color from the accidental slip-up, and she sheepishly glances at Yuqi who is frowning her way.

 

“Unnie, are you even listening?” She asks with a raised brow.

 

No, Minnie is in fact not listening to her. And she makes this clear by averting her eyes while chuckling nervously.

 

“Uh, n-no…?” The Thai stutters.

 

It sounds more like a question than an answer, though, and her blush only deepens when Yuqi shoots her a reprimanding look. Almost like a mother scolding her child for not doing their homework. It’s actually kind of ironic, given the fact that Minnie is two years older than Yuqi and should therefore be more responsible. Then again, Yuqi has always been one to take school work more diligently as a student from the Honors class.

 

“If you don’t understand it, you can always tell me.” Yuqi reminds the older girl as she leans back on the chair with her arms folded across her chest, her expression softening, and Minnie clears .

 

“Yeah, okay. I’m sorry, Wooks.” Minnie waves her hands in front of her like she’s trying to erase her girlfriend’s disappointment. “It’s just easier to follow along when you’re explaining it to me. But after that, I’m not really sure what to do…”

 

Yuqi tilts her head. A cute habit she does whenever the young girl is confused about something. Such as Minnie’s ineptitude to understand a simple concept.

 

But that’s fine. Math isn’t exactly an easy subject to grasp, anyway.

 

The sophomore wonders if Yuqi ever questions it in her mind, but was too nice to actually say it out loud in fear of hurting the elder’s feelings. Minnie wouldn’t blame her if she did, though. After all, Yuqi is a batch lower than her and is still more advanced in Trigonometry than Minnie would ever be if she actually bothered to put any effort into learning it. Shuhua, their other foreigner friend and Yuqi’s classmate, included.

 

Then again, Yuqi did enroll at one of the most prestigious schools in China and was ranked among the top 100 during her last year studying there. So, Minnie shouldn’t be too surprised with her dongsaeng’s intelligence.

 

“Well, that’s okay. We can just start slow then.”

 

Yuqi slides over a piece of yellow pad paper and deftly draws a right triangle with each point marked as A, B, and C respectively. Then she labels one of the angles as theta, the opposite side as x, and the hypotenuse with a function that Minnie doesn’t recall ever seeing. Staring at it was enough to make her head hurt.

 

“Do you know how to find x here?” Yuqi taps on the diagram with the tip of her pencil.

 

Minnie almost shakes her head. Nope, nada. She doesn’t have the slightest clue. She used to like triangles back when they were learning geometry in 8th grade, and the hardest thing they had to do was measure the angles and then label them acute, obtuse, or right. As of the moment, Minnie is feeling very obtuse and not the slightest bit right at all.

 

“Here it is.” She jokes, pointing to the x labeled at the bottom with a weak smile.

 

Now, in her defense, Minnie can’t help it. She’s getting incredibly bored out of her mind and wants to entertain herself a little, even if her definition of doing so is fooling around and giving the poor senior-freshman an aneurysm.

 

“Unnie.” Yuqi sighs, sounding rather exasperated. Nonetheless, the corners of her lips quirk upwards in response. So, maybe she did find it kind of funny.

 

“Okay, no. I don’t know how to.” Minnie admits as she throws her hands up in surrender. “Can you teach me?”

 

“Sure, unnie.” Yuqi smiles before going back to the diagram she had drawn. “So first, we have to take a look at the hypotenuse…”

 

And so begins the fifteen grueling minutes of Yuqi explaining the process step-by-step while Minnie only ever pays attention to the sound of her girlfriend’s attractively deep voice, smooth and rich like the finest dark chocolate, speaking words and saying numbers that don’t actually comprehend in Minnie’s brain.

 

For someone talking about math equations and the Pythagorean Theorem, Yuqi sure has the charm to keep Minnie invested; albeit for a much different reason other than wanting to learn whatever the Hell it is.

 

It’s nearly impossible, in fact, to learn anything from Yuqi once she starts speaking. Because Minnie is far too mesmerized by the movement of those full lips just begging to be kissed and –

 

“Unnie, you’re not listening again.”

 

The scolding tone in Yuqi’s voice pulls Minnie back to the present, and she finds herself wincing from the cross look aimed in her direction.

 

Yuqi was never any good at hiding her facial expressions, but rarely did she ever show her irk and disappointment towards Minnie. Maybe Yuqi feels that way sometimes, but does her best to hide it so the Thai wouldn’t feel hurt or anything.

 

Yuqi isn’t one of the most patient people around, that much is clear. But she’s definitely one of the most selfless and considerate when it comes to helping others, which is why Minnie feels bad whenever she feels like she doesn’t match up to Yuqi’s expectations – perhaps even more so now that she recalls how Yuqi had gone straight to her house right after dance practice just to assist Minnie with her homework. Not because she felt obligated to do so as the junior’s girlfriend, but because Yuqi really wanted to.

 

“Sorry, babe. I know I’m being such a handful right now.” Minnie apologizes with a small pout, hoping it’ll soften the blow and lighten up the younger’s mood. Unfortunately, it doesn’t quite work.

 

Yuqi sighs again as she combs a hand through her long black hair, and the action entices Minnie with this strange need to run her own fingers through it. Knowing that Yuqi’s hair always felt immaculately soft whenever she washes it after a sweaty dance session.

 

“It’s fine. You don’t have to be sorry, unnie. Trigonometry isn’t easy to grasp anyway.” Yuqi calmly assures her.

 

Except for people like you. Minnie almost says. However, the last thing she wants right now is to inadvertently start a petty argument over a misunderstanding. The thought held no snark; it just stated the obvious. But Minnie isn’t that careless. She knows well that it could easily come off in the wrong tone if not spoken or worded correctly.

 

Besides, Minnie always found Yuqi’s natural intelligence to be incredibly endearing. An epitome of the phrase, “beauty and brains”. What a catch.

 

“I promise I’ll pay attention this time.” Minnie flashes her thumbs up with a dorky little grin to accompany them.

 

“I’ll hold you to that. Now let’s continue, shall we?” Yuqi smiles back before tapping her pencil on the math problem again.

 

Minnie bites back another groan.

 

 

In the past two hours of studying over diagrams and equations, the older girl has come to the conclusion that Yuqi looks really cute whenever she’s concentrating. (Yes, that’s all Minnie ever bothered to learn this entire time. Trigonometry? Psh. Irrelevant.)

 

Maybe it’s the way Yuqi’s face would always brighten whenever an idea hits her, like a metaphorical lightbulb just popped over her head or maybe it’s the way Yuqi would habitually stick her tongue out while scribbling down the solution, mumbling to herself all the while as she double-checks her girlfriend’s work to see if she’d done it right before explaining the whole process back to Minnie. Yuqi’s eyebrows would be furrowed as she pressed her lips together in a look of deep concentration, hand to her chin, while thinking of how to get her understanding of the problem across without making it sound too complicated.

 

In fact, Yuqi doesn’t scoff or roll her eyes whenever Minnie doesn’t get something and would go study the problem or diagram intently as if she’s trying to think of a better, more effective way to better help her befuddled girlfriend.

 

Either way, it’s a charming sight to behold. And Minnie is forever blessed to be the sole spectator witnessing this quiet and serious side of Yuqi.

 

The more Minnie stares at her through literal heart-eyes, the more she gets lost in every little detail of the senior-freshman’s cute babydoll face. Studying the rare gem that is Song Yuqi in all her bare-faced glory and not the lesson tagged in her ridiculously thick textbook; from those brown, almost almond-shaped eyes that are framed with the prettiest of lashes, to those biteable marshmallow cheeks that Minnie loves to pinch and squish between her palms, and then to those soft baby-pink lips that probably taste like Yuqi’s favorite cotton-candy lip balm. Sweet and addictive.

 

Great. Now Minnie wants to just dive in and have a taste of it herself!

 

Needless to say, the Thai has memorized Yuqi’s facial features more than she’s memorized the Trigonometric formulas for her quiz this Friday. (Which, by the way, she still hasn’t reviewed for.)

 

Yuqi had caught her in the act a good number of times already. Each one added more to the color that was dusting her cheeks as she tried not to let it affect her, since Yuqi needed to be the more responsible one between them due to Minnie’s complete disinterest in Math and just trying to get her damn worksheet done.

 

To her poor heart’s dismay, however, Minnie’s smile only seems to widen upon seeing how flustered Yuqi is under her flirtatious but loving gaze. Even when she would play it off cool by gently bumping against Minnie’s shoulder to keep her focused.

 

An impossible request, really, considering the eye-candy seated next to her. Yuqi is a temptation that’s too hard to resist, Minnie would gladly be a sinner for her over and over again. It doesn’t help that Yuqi is wearing such a flimsy t-shirt over loose pajama shorts exposing her very nice legs. Lean and strong from all those rigorous hours of dance practice.

 

Like, come on, you can’t just ignore that.

 

“Alright. You’re clearly distracted.”

 

Yuqi speaks up after catching Minnie’s stare for the umpteenth time that evening. She sets aside the half-finished worksheet before leaning back on her chair and pushing up the circle eyeglasses that were sliding down her nose. While Yuqi appreciates the undivided attention from her girlfriend, it would benefit them both if it were actually directed to the task at hand.

 

Sighing, Minnie lets her head fall face-first onto her open textbook with a soft thump.

 

“I’m sorry,” She mumbles into its spine, her voice slightly muffled by the pages. “It’s just… Watching you talk is a lot more interesting than solving for the missing angles.”

 

The honest admission makes Yuqi sputter and blush as she dips her head shyly, trying to hide its effect but with no success. Minnie peeks up from where her face was smacked dab on a section about triangles and giggles at the warmth she has caused on Yuqi’s coloring cheeks. Confident as she is, the Han girl has the tendency to be easily flustered by a few compliments and flirty remarks.

 

“Flattery won’t get you to avoid doing your homework, unnie.” Yuqi chides with a light nudge to Minnie’s shoulder, and the latter whines stubbornly.

 

Just who is the older one between them again?

 

“Don’t get me wrong, though. I love spending time with you this way—” Now it’s Minnie’s turn to blush at that. “—but why didn’t you just ask Miyeon-unnie for help? You’re both taking up Trigonometry, and she’s also your classmate.”

 

Minnie almost snorts. “Babe, Miyeon and I share the same brain cell. We’re both terrible at math, so we ask our super smart girlfriends to teach us instead. Miyeon has Shuhua, and I have you.”

 

Being the self-proclaimed “aegyo queen” that she is, Minnie flutters her lashes to reinforce her point.

 

Yuqi just rolls her eyes playfully before propping her glasses up on her head.

 

“Uh-huh, sure.” She replies in a slight deadpan, but smiles nonetheless. “How about we take a short break first, unnie? It seems like you need it.”

 

In a flash, Minnie shoots back upright on her seat at the mention of “break” and nods eagerly. “God, yes please.”

 

The younger girl chuckles as she shakes her head, amused by the immediate shift in the sophomore’s mood. Yuqi tells Minnie to go do whatever as she stretches her sore back, which has gotten quite stiff from staying in one position for too long, and then winces from the small pop in her joints.

 

Maybe sitting on a chair for two hours straight was a bad decision.

 

Apparently, Minnie must have taken her words of “do whatever you want” as a valid excuse to just grab Yuqi by her wrist and yank the girl off her seat. The sudden, abrupt tug causes Yuqi to yelp in surprise – although not as much as when she finds herself sitting on Minnie’s lap with arms belted around her waist to hold her steady.

 

“M-Minnie-unnie!” Poor Yuqi looks as red as a tomato.

 

Minnie only shoots her a devious smirk that doesn’t do wonders for her fast-beating heart, and Yuqi fights the internal debate on whether she should just ignore it or kiss it away. Definitely the latter, though maybe she should save that for when they actually finish this goddamn worksheet.

 

If her dear unnie would oh, so kindly be attentive for at least one minute.

 

Whatever reprimand Yuqi has waiting on her tongue disappears once she feels sneaky fingers crawling up her back until coming to a stop on her shoulder blades, where they begin to ever-so lovingly knead Yuqi’s tense muscles in order to work out the kinks in them. A soft groan escapes her lips immediately, and she all but turns into putty from their lulling touches. Her face is pressed into the side of Minnie’s neck as her body grows limp like a sick leaf against the older girl.

 

My poor baby…

 

“Relax, love.” Minnie soothes while keeping on her ministrations, this time rubbing circles along the dip of Yuqi’s spine with the knuckles of her fingers. Concern laces her voice when she feels just how tired Yuqi actually is. “You’ve been pretty stiff lately. That’s not good for you.”

 

“I blame dance practice.” Yuqi mumbles into Minnie’s skin, her warmth breath fanning over a sensitive spot and eliciting a faint shiver from the junior hugging her. “Coach Kwon pulled the sergeant card on us today, so it was kinda brutal. Can’t really blame her ‘cuz the competition is near and we all wanna win it, but I barely have the free time these days to relax in-between that and my studies. So, I’m way more beat than usual…”

 

Minnie can practically hear the week’s worth of exhaustion behind Yuqi's less-than-energetic voice, and she instantly feels bad.

 

Yuqi could have gone straight home from training in order to rest. It’s what she deserves, after all. She won’t even have to do much school work either since Yuqi does most of her assignments ahead of time – whether it was during breaks with their friends or after classes when there was no practice scheduled – as compared to Minnie who, although diligent at times, has the habit of procrastinating till the day before the very deadline itself.

 

But, no. Yuqi cares about her girlfriend’s math grades (perhaps a bit too much) and is determined to improve them. Even if it means spending whatever free time she has left to tutor Minnie. Admirable as it is, it feels rather… unnecessary. Yuqi shouldn’t be responsible for that.

 

Minnie had tried to get this point across to her, but Yuqi just kept insisting it was fine and wouldn’t take “no” for an answer. If the Thai is stubborn, Yuqi is painfully more so.

 

“It’s a team effort, unnie! We’re gonna do this together, and you can’t tell me otherwise.” The younger had huffed, arms folded across her chest in a manner suggesting that there was no more room for argument, so Minnie just begrudgingly acquiesced in the end. Once Yuqi is completely set on something, it’s often quite difficult to change her mind. Still, though –

 

The least you can do is actually listen to what Yuqi’s trying to teach you. Minnie berates herself as she frowns, her hands pausing midway through their massage of Yuqi’s back as the latter whines from the loss.

 

“Hey, why’d you stop?” She complains while pulling back slightly to look at her girlfriend, only to be surprised by the pensive frown on Minnie’s face. “Unnie? What’s wrong?”

 

Minnie tightens her arms around Yuqi. “I’m sorry, Wooks.” She whispers, voice soft and stricken with guilt. “I know I’ve said it a lot already, but I really am. You’re already helping me with my homework, but I’m not taking it as seriously as you want me to…”

 

Yuqi stays quiet for a moment, and then slowly reaches a hand over to pet Minnie’s soft hair. Her fingers are gentle as they brush through the mane of silky black with absolute care, and this display of affection has Minnie looking back at her dongsaeng with a certain fondness in her gaze. She holds Yuqi close to her like one would hug their favorite plushie. Fitting, really, since Minnie would often spoon Yuqi in bed whenever she slept over at her place.

 

Silence envelops them. The only sounds to be heard are their shared breaths mingling in the tiny space between them, the faint whir of the electric fan spinning in the background, and the light scratches of Yuqi’s painted nails against Minnie’s scalp as she continues to card her fingers through the elder’s hair.

 

After two straight hours of mind-numbing lectures about values and inequalities, and ratios of a right-angled triangle from Sine to Cotangent (plus a bunch of other stuff Minnie doesn’t care to remember), the restful silence is more than welcomed to help clear her clunky mind.

 

Eventually, Yuqi speaks up again.

 

“You know… We can always try adding a little incentive to motivate you.” She offers with an unmistakably sly look on her face. One that confuses Minnie, but excites her nonetheless.

 

“Yeah? And what would that be?” Minnie challenges with raised brows and a smirk of anticipation, her skittish hands trailing upward from where they were not-so innocently resting on Yuqi’s shapely thighs.

 

Naughty unnie. The Han girl muses while trying her best not to squirm.

 

It doesn’t take a genius to read the obvious intent behind Minnie’s actions, so Yuqi has to resist her girlfriend’s teasing by reluctantly sliding off Minnie’s hands from where they were toying with the hem of her cotton shorts; but her eyes are still shining with mischief behind those thin lenses.

 

Inwardly, Minnie gulps.

 

“I’ll give you a kiss for each problem you answer correctly. Until then, no kissing whatsoever.”

 

And just like that, Minnie’s hopes and dreams are crushed as she deflates like a sad balloon.

 

“You’re kidding?” She says almost desperately, face full of disbelief and denial until Yuqi confirms her fears by shaking her head. “Oh, you can’t be serious!”

 

Yuqi remains steadfast, however, and simply fixes a raised eyebrow at her whining senior. Face resolute as she stays undeterred by Minnie’s pouting lips and her powerful puppy-dog eyes.

 

Damn Yuqi and her nerves of steel!

 

“Sorry, Minnie-unnie. But we’ll never get anything done this way if you’re always distracted.” Yuqi reasons before patting the older girl’s head. “Maybe it’ll encourage you to pay attention this time around.”

 

Minnie can only whine in protest.

 

“Unnie, trust me. I’m doing this for your own good.”

 

“It feels very one-sided, though!”

 

Yuqi just snorts like it’s not her problem. “Don’t be so dramatic, babe. The offer still stands, whether you like it or not.”

 

Realizing that there’s no winning for her in this, Minnie heaves out the most exaggerated sigh ever before reluctantly agreeing to the (unfair) proposition. She leans back into her chair with a huff and a huge pout on her face, arms crossed on her chest, as if she’s been cheated dirty. For someone who’s a couple of years older, Minnie can sure act childish sometimes. But Yuqi finds it endearing, anyway.

 

“They better be quality smooches, or I’ll be very salty about it.” Minnie grumbles, petulant as ever, only for her hands to come sneaking up so they can rest on Yuqi’s hips. “Is this allowed, at least?”

 

To her disappointment, Yuqi just shakes her head again before gently prying them away. “Nope, no touching either. That’s just added distraction.”

 

Whelp, that’s it. Minnie Nicha is going to die from touch-deprivation all because of her stupid ing homework.

 

Seeing her dejected expression, Yuqi leans forward to press a chaste kiss on the bangs curtained over Minnie’s forehead. “You can have me as soon as you’re done, unnie. I promise.”

 

In a blink of an eye, Minnie’s entire demeanor brightens like the sun.

 

Oh, yes. She likes the sound of that.

 

“Okay, I’m convinced.” She gives a light tap on the Han girl’s thighs as a signal for her to climb off, and Yuqi finds herself giggling at how comically serious Minnie looks right now. “Move aside, babe. I’m gonna ace this worksheet like my love life depends on it!”

 

“Glad to hear that.” Yuqi returns to her spot on the chair next to Minnie’s before settling her glasses back in place. “Now, let’s pick up where we left off the last time.”

 

 

It takes them nearly another two hours to accomplish the worksheet.

 

Almost two long-suffering hours with Yuqi guiding her clueless but committed girlfriend throughout the entire process in order for Minnie to fully grasp the lessons.

 

After a short trial and error exercise to recap everything she had just learned, Minnie was able to successfully answer the last half on her own with little to no mistakes. Driven by the promising incentive of kisses as her key motivator in powering through the abhorrent number of questions littered across her paper.

 

Although Yuqi was gracious enough to guide her in the first two test items, she still credited them as Minnie’s own work and rewarded the sophomore with soft pecks on her cheek. The more progress they made, the longer and deeper those kisses became. Each one would inch ever-so-slowly towards her lips, but not quickly enough to satisfy her needs.

 

It’s a miracle how Minnie managed to preserve her crumbling resolve till the end. Because Yuqi – this conniving spawn of the Devil – was definitely plotting for her downfall by leaving behind a trail of lingering kisses on the very corner of , which certainly didn’t do wonders for Minnie’s poor heart that kept yearning for the full treat.

 

And whenever Minnie got distracted by them (seriously, how could she not?), Yuqi would snag her attention back by whispering words of encouragement in that gorgeously low voice of hers as she gently the knuckles of Minnie’s hand with her thumb. Sometimes even bringing it up to her face so she can graze her plush lips against them.

 

Lord, give her strength. It’s driving her insane.

 

The older girl has long since lost count of all the times she could’ve snatched Yuqi into her arms and just made out with her on the spot, thus fueling her determination even further with the goal of getting this godforsaken worksheet out of her damn way.

 

Focus, Nicha! Minnie chants in her head like a mantra keeping from going completely delirious as she hastily scrawls her solutions down.

 

At long last, she pulls through by answering the final question and then throws her pencil down in victory upon receiving an affirmative nod from Yuqi. With a triumphant holler, Minnie springs out of her chair to crash face-down on her bed. Arms splayed at her sides and her legs parted in a manner resembling that of a lazy cartoon starfish.

 

“I feel like my brain is melting through my skull now…” She mumbles from where her face is planted firmly on her pillow.

 

Yuqi joins her shortly after she arranges all the papers and study materials on Minnie’s desk, organizing them into neat piles for easier handling the next day. She rolls her eyes in fond amusement at the sight of her girlfriend’s silly position. Nevertheless, she all but drops her entire weight onto Minnie’s back and effectively sandwiches the sophomore between her own body and the mattress. A snicker leaves from the muffled “oof” beneath her.

 

“Unnie…” She cooes sweetly into her ear, sending an involuntary shiver up Minnie’s spine. “You forgot to claim your reward for that last item.”

 

Said girl rolls around carefully to face her, and Yuqi moves to adjust herself so they can look at each other properly. Perched onto Minnie’s chest with her arms folded on top of it.

 

“Oh, I certainly haven’t.” Minnie grins as she hooks an arm around Yuqi’s tapered waist while her other hand goes to remove Yuqi’s eyeglasses, which she delicately sets aside so they wouldn’t be disturbed by whatever comes next.

 

It’s amazing how different a person can look all because of a simple accessory. Minnie always finds Yuqi to be super cute and preppy with those wire-framed glasses on, but there’s no denying that added level of attractiveness whenever Yuqi isn’t wearing them. It’s quite the transformation, honestly – from lovable book-nerd to a charming socializer. Either way, Minnie loves both.

 

As she stares deep into those brown eyes the color of maple syrup, she can practically feel the warmth from Yuqi’s gaze alone as their breaths intermingle in what meager gap is left between their faces. Her eyelids flutter close when Yuqi lowers herself to tenderly capture the Thai’s lips, and Minnie sighs in utmost content once they finally, finally, meet her own.

 

Their kiss comes as the sweetest catharsis to them, slow but infinitely affectionate, and Minnie can taste the distinct flavor of Yuqi’s cotton-candy lip balm that she’s developed a strong liking for.

 

Although Minnie has tasted different other flavors before, this particular one would remain her favorite since it’s the exact same type of lip balm Yuqi had worn during their first kiss at a bus stop; stranded together on the way home from school during a heavy rainfall that had caught up to them.

 

Despite the dreary weather, the barrage of raindrops pattering loudly all around them, and the uncomfortable dampness of the cold air that afternoon, neither of them cared very much. Not when all they could focus on was the feeling of their lips moving in tandem against each other. Dancing in a rhythm of their own that matched with the beat of their hearts. The both of them had been shy and inexperienced then, yet oh so in love and willing to explore these new feelings together. Two passionate people who were ready to commit to a fulfilling relationship with the one they loved the most.

 

Needless to say, they can’t get any happier with what they already have right now.

 

As soon as Yuqi breaks off the kiss, an involuntary whine slips out from Minnie chasing after lips. As soon as Yuqi breaks off the kiss, a small whine escapes Minnie who then chases after her lips. Her desperation sends a flush of embarrassment across her face, and Minnie can just feel her cheeks burning as she struggles to meet her girlfriend’s eyes.

 

Was she really that desperate to kiss her?

 

Surprisingly enough, Yuqi doesn’t for it like she normally does. Instead, she gives her the softest of smiles before gingerly fixing the tousled fringe of Minnie’s hair with the tips of her fingers. The gentleness of Yuqi’s touch, coupled with the way she’s staring at Minnie like she had put up every star in the universe, has the older girl falling in love again.

 

But then, Minnie suddenly remembers.

 

“Crap, I forgot I have a quiz in Trigo this Friday…” She somberly states in an almost complete monotone voice.

 

Yuqi chuckles before kissing her again, lingering for just a moment longer to effectively wipe the pout away from her face. “Don’t worry, unnie. I’ll help you review for it.”

 

Minnie’s face lights up like a kid getting candy and grins.

 

“Will I get rewarded if I pass?” She asks all-too hopefully.

 

“Get more than 80%, and I promise you’ll get more than just kisses.”

 

The coquettish smirk of Yuqi’s lips has Minnie feeling all giddy with excitement. She’s certainly looking forward to this reward once she does actually pass that quiz, and she’s going to do it with flying colors. Mark her words.

 

“You’re such a great motivator,” Minnie teases as she tugs the Han girl down to rest on top of her once more, arms wound around Yuqi to hold her in a tight embrace. “And also my favorite tutor.”

 

Yuqi cups her cheeks and brings their foreheads together, pillow lips brushing slightly against Minnie’s as she playfully tells her. “And you’re my favorite pupil, unnie. Even though you have the attention span of a goldfish.”

 

Minnie opens in an attempt to counter that statement, but nothing comes out except –

 

“I… can’t exactly argue on that, either.”

 

“Good. Because I’m right.”

 

Now it’s Minnie's turn to roll her eyes at her girlfriend, but she says nothing more because she promptly finds her lips getting busy with Yuqi’s. She smiles then, full of the genuine happiness that her heart can still hold without bursting; which is not an amount she would be able to express in numbers alone.

 

With a satisfied hum, Minnie gladly surrenders to the kiss as Yuqi’s hands begin to roam before tangling themselves into her hair. Homework all forgotten and her quiz to be worried about another day.

 

No doubt, Minnie still hates math. But she has the best tutor to make it worth studying for.