Boys Don't Cry

KissThyLips0404
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 


Donghae does go to Hyukjae's place. He's kept his address. In his memory. From that time he looked at his resume. Out of curiosity. When he thought there was something familiar about him. Thought he was from KissThyLips.

Donghae goes there for the first time ever. Stands at his door. Rings the bell. Waits. Anxious.

The door never opens.

An old woman tells him he's gone out.

He sits in his car for over an hour. His window's rolled. The sun's still high. His thoughts swirl.

He's mad at Jaeho.

He knows. He himself was too furious. He didn't speak to him properly. Understand what his reasoning was. But Jaeho just sounded insane. What the was he even saying?

Maybe... Donghae is so angry because... Hyukjae always seems quiet. Harmless. Hiding some pain. Keeping to himself.

The kind of person... who wouldn't ask for help. No matter how much he needed it.

It makes Donghae want to look out for him.

Jaeho was always a nice person in Donghae's eyes. Which has made it hard for Donghae to break up with him. But now he heard of him hurling insults at Hyukjae. Then heard them himself.

But... he thinks... if Jaeho's nice... then isn't it strange that he hates Hyukjae so much? Couldn't there be truth to his words? That Donghae could've learned if he'd asked him properly? Instead of shouting at him?

Hyukjae's pale face flashes in his mind. The way he'd slid to the floor in the change rooms.

Donghae feels angry again.

No. What the ?

Was Jaeho responsible for that panic? What has he done to him?

He can't take his side. Especially when he has nothing to say. Just, "trust me because I'm your boyfriend!"

"," Donghae growls. Turns on his car. "What the does he think I am?"

Now Hyukjae's probably quitting because of Jaeho! He didn't tell Jaeho that. In the middle of their yelling. How would Jaeho respond? Donghae feels he'd be glad about it. That hurts too.

.

He wants to speak to Hyukjae. Understand from him. He doesn't want to face Jaeho again.

He looks up and down the street. Does not want to go home. He shifts his gear...

Then he sees him.

Hyukjae's walking with shoulders hunched. Hands in pockets of his zipped up sweater. Hood up. He comes closer. Donghae sees his face.

The man's clearly been crying.

He turns off his ignition. Steps out.

"Hyukjae!"

Hyukjae freezes again. Face pale. Horrified. He even steps back. When Donghae approaches.

"W-What do you want?" Hyukjae says. "You can't do this, please, I d-didn't do anything and want nothing to do with him..."

Donghae's heart lurches. Whatever questions he wanted to ask about Jaeho disappear. His priority changes immediately.

"No," he says quickly. "I'm not here because of Jaeho. Please relax."

Hyukjae doesn't believe him. His eyes are wary. Tearful and red. He's biting his lip.

"I... I wanted to see if you're okay..." Donghae says. Honest.

"Why?" Hyukjae says.

Donghae swallows. Steps closer. He wishes they could go somewhere to speak. Not stand here in front of this old apartment building. But Hyukjae takes a step back again.

He doesn't trust Donghae.

"Hyukjae, are you quitting because of Jaeho?" he says. Soft. "Were you hiding yesterday because of him?"

Hyukjae blinks away. Doesn't answer.

"If he's the reason, can you... can you please reconsider? I promise you he won't get to you or bother you ever again. Please."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter