five.

Mixtape
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I stood in front of the door. Too nervous to even ring the doorbell. I was wearing a pink knitwear and an above ankle white skirt. Beneath the skirt was of course my go-to-sleep shorts.My hair was let down over my shoulder like usual. It was the same outfit I wore at home because my relatives were visiting. I looked at my outfit one last time making sure I look decent enough to visit someone else's house. I rang the doorbell.Ten seconds and no answers. Should I ring it once again?  I thought. I waited for one more minute and decided to ring the bell once again when the door opens revealing Jeong In in a white tshirt and a track pants. Comfy enough.

"Hye," I greeted him awkwardly. He chuckled "come on in." he opens the door wider for me to enter.  I gave him the big packaging of food I've made with mom. Mom's motto is it's okay if the food is too much but it should never be too little. 'Atleast we can give some to the neighbours' she'd say if someone's try to argue with the amount of food she'll make.

"What's this? You don't have to bring anything tho, I didn't prepared anything for you." He claimed, not used to receiving homemade food as they usually would order takeouts only. We were at the entrance when I realised the amount of shoes scattered infront of the doorway. wow someone here got many siblings.

"aah, that's nothing really, we made a lot of it in the first place and plus you gotta try my honey garlic butter seasoned chicken.Its limited." I claimed proudly. After putting my shoes at the corner neatly I trailed behind him. I was pulling up my socks

"By the way, I didn't know how many siblings you got, hopefully it's enough for all of them-" I stopped as I looked up to a blonde guy who seemly familiar/

"Chan hyung?"

"Are you guys sibling related or something? But I thought chan hyung said he was from Australia?" I asked, I bet my face was looking confused than ever.

"Yeah I am from Australia, and you could say that I'm his brother but not by blood. We just live together here." Chan said while smiling sheepishly.

"Yeah hehe.." this time jeong in continued with a nervous laugh "we live together...with the rest of the boys," his shaky hand pointed towards the kitchen where the boys he meant are sitting, some standing, but all are looking at me. The only thing I manage to catch between them was a freckled boy, looking like the only one that's happy with the guest they're having cutely waving at me but I was in a state of deep shock to even reply to his wave. 

This time l tug in Jeongin's shirt, "I thought you say you're living with your parent?!" I whisper rather madly at him. "Uh uh never said that. I only said I don't live in the campus dormitary." He shrugged.

"Jeongin you know that I-" for the last time I whispered, feeling betrayed with the current situation I am in.

"I know but hey we haven't got any other choice dont we? Let's just get it done with by tonight."He cut me off, knowing what's probably on my mind at the current moment. I sigh in defeat. Giving a slight bow to his hyungs and trailed behind jeongin.

Jeongin gave them the packaging of food I made before taking me to the living room of his dorm. "Save some for me." I heard he said before sliding the door to the kitchen closed. We sat down by the table just beside the curtain in the living room, it was rather spacious space as there were a tv, two table and a long sofa and some workout equipments behind it. "I wanted to do it in my room for you know a bit privacy from my loud hyungs, but they won't let me since it's 'dangerous' for both of us to be alone, said changbin hyung. Ergh" he rolled his eyes, feeling annoyed for the umpteenth time. I nodded knowingly, I'm fine with the living room if only his brothers doesn't keep taking a peek on us from the kitchen. Jeong in had to shoo them away a couple of times.

Now that his brothers are out of my sight, my body looses tense a bit as I was trying to focus on finishing the video. I told jeongin to practice  for the presentation while I finish the video and Jeongin did as what he's told to. He's more nervous with the thought of presenting anyway.  He even took out a paper and tried to make a script for the presentation. He then basically read out all the things he wrote.

I stopped and turned my face from the laptop to him. "Yang Jeong In, if you keep doing it like that, you won't have the time to have an eye contact with the audience. Remember, it is just as important for you to engage with them so that they can understand what you're saying." I tapped at the hardcopy of the slides we've made while nagging at him. "but you don't understand, for people who can't speak fluently like me, we need a full script only that we know what to say during the presentation."

I sigh deeply looking down and face him back. I need to speak in a calm way to not discourage  him. I too once had that phase when I actually just memorize what I was going to present rather than just fully  understand the content of my presentation. But now that I know better, I want to help Jeongin s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter