KNOCK KNOCK 05

IZ*ONE AT YOUR DOORSTEP [HIATUS]

A week has passed. I've been very busy at university. Thinking about the previous encounter I had with Yulyen, I impulsively bought a skateboard the next day. Well, now that I know that there's a skate park nearby, I guess I'll check it out— but I'm very shy to...

I'm very hungry. I should eat by now but I can't drop this project for a while or else I'd lose my momentum— what the heck?

A doorbell?

As I glide my swivel chair staring on my way to the door, I paused for a while and thought about the recent events that went by throughout the past weeks. Both ends of my lips lift upwards at the thought. Who could it be? I stood up from my chair and pushed it back to my study table. I slowly made my way to the doorstep, and turned the knob open.

"Hi," a woman much taller than me greeted me with her infamous straight face. The visual making me still gasp in awe despite the many times I saw her on television.

"Kwangbae, a way more fancier greeting must have been nice!" a cheerful girl sporting a shoulder-length hair appeared behind her.

"Oh come on, she'd be weirded out more if we've done that. Look at her she's staring at me..." the purple-haired woman looked at me with her eyes narrowed at my seemingly weird stare.

"That's because you're very pretty..." I just mumbled quietly. Chaeyeon observes me and her companion's unusual encounter. She finally laughs boisterously at the awkward silence that filled the atmosphere. I was immediately brought back to my senses.

"Oh! Yeah right! Welcome Unnies!" I smiled at them cheerfully. "Would you like to go in— what the?" I felt Kwangbae's hand grip my arm firmly.

"Where are you dragging me—" I ask nervously though it was obvious that I was being dragged to a car. Chaeyeon opened the front passenger seat and Hyewon pushed me inside. She then walked over to open the door to the back seat where she settled and Chaeyeon hopping in to the driver seat simultaneously. I just stared straight into the road.

"Buckle up. We're gonna go resto hopping," Hyewon tells me feeling like an order, as she placed a hand on my shoulder, leaning her body forward to let me hear it clearly. My body automatically reached for the buckle.

"Hit it Chaeyeon."

"Yes ma'am," Chaeyeon finally shifts gears, and sped off swiftly on the road.

~*~

"Oh my gosh my belly's sure to explode sooner or later," I gasp as I saw the first food establishment we stopped by. We entered the store, and was greeted by the chef. We sat on the bar stools where we got an exclusive view on how the variety of foods were prepared. I just watched as Hyewon expertly scans the menu and orders anything her eyes finds interesting on.

While waiting, I watched the chef skillfully working his way through the small kitchen. Not too long after, hot bowls of ramen were served in front of us.

"Itadakimasu!" we finally digged in. "Oh~" we hummed in delight as we sipped the savory broth of the famous ramen.

"Next up! Tonkatsu!" Hyewon exclaimed as we entered a new place not far from where we first ate. Now it really feels like resto hopping. While waiting for our order, I couldn't resist sharing a piece of my mind.

"Hyewon-unnie, you really know a lot of hot places huh," I asked her as a I leaned forward on the table.

"Well, research is the key. At this era there are a lot of good places coming up, you can't get enough of checking everything out," she answered like an expert.

"Woah, you know what Unnie, you should create a blog of your food trip. I wouldn't mind if you do something aside from promoting in IZ*ONE. You could be a gourmet, just exploring around and looking for great food spots," I suggested.

"Oh~ that's interesting. Fill me in later," she said as our order finally came. As if Hyewon didn't eat so well earlier, she digged in as if it's her first meal.

"Chaeyeon-unnie, are we going to eat the whole day?" I whispered while Hyewon is still busy checking out her phone probably thinking what restaurant should we go to next.

"You know what? I was thinking the same HAHAHAHAHA," I started to laugh alongside Chaeyeon until someone held each of our hands and dragged us somewhere. Chaeyeon laughed as if there's no tomorrow, with her head tilted back. I know I'm not laughing at what I said so anyone would know the reason why I'm laughing right?

"Let's eat dessert!" Hyewon exclaimed as we stopped in front of a café.

"This surely be the last stop Hyewon-unnie," I said, tired, but moreover, feeling bloated from the variety of dishes we've tried awhile ago.

She ordered one serving of crepe. Me and Chaeyeon took one bite each.

"Yah Chaeyeon, you're not gonna get more?" Chaeyeon shook her head. "What about you?" she pointed her spoon to me.

"I've had enough... you can eat it... ah~" I sighed from being full. I leaned on my chair and slouched.

We watched Hyewon eat her crepe deliciously. Chaeyeon and I exchanged glances.

"She doesn't get tired of eating huh." I murmured.

"You bet," she answered while smiling, watching Hyewon eating. Just looking at Hyewon and her mukbang, I felt full and satisfied.

~*~

"Now, it's my turn," Chaeyeon said as we take the stairs to somewhere.

"Food trip and now a dance showcase? We should have done it together," I said as I glanced around the empty dance studio.

"Nope, we're gonna practice," Chaeyeon answered as she sets up the audio system.

"Eh? Then why am I still here?"

"Cause you'll practice with us," Chaeyeon answered with a grin.

"Wha-" I was about to protest when the booming intro of Secret Story of the Swan blasted through the speaker. Chaeyeon started dancing, and Hyewon followed soon after. I watched them dancing their own parts, and I can't help but tap my feet along the music.

"Okay, let's start the lecture," Chaeyeon started as Hyewon stopped the music. "I wanna see you do it first," she ordered and Hyewon played it from the top. I felt nervous dancing in front of them, but this is just one time I should make use of it wisely.

I swung my arms on my side, tilting my body forward and backward. Like Swan Swan Swan.

The chorus came and I danced to the choreo, executing the highlights. They joined in as their parts came, and throughout the song the three of us just danced together. I stared at Chaeyeon's direction, trying to copy the steps.

"Wah, how come I can dance like this? Unnie!" I exclaimed as I watch my reflection in the mirror. Chaeyeon laughed boisterously.

The dance break came, and me and Hyewon danced alongside Chaeyeon in the middle.

"Oh oh I wanna try this!" I exclaimed as Minjoo's part is about to come. Chaeyeon turned her back to the mirror and I glide sideways to the left while holding her shoulder, winking and sending a glare at the same time.

The song finally ended, and we remained on our spots as we catch our breath from the exhausting choreo.

"Oho, Nae-chan got some moves huh~" Hyewon teased.

"Maa~ I'm just dancing with how I saw it."

"You're a good dancer!" Chaeyeon complimented.

"Ey~ you guys are the better ones~" I answered back, feeling embarrassed with the compliment.

"Let's stop that now. You guys would end up just complimenting each other and denying it later on," Hyewon called out.

"I could do that all day, complimenting you guys," I said in a matter-of-fact tone.

"Aigoo~ this kid is acting cheesy... STOP IT," Hyewon cut me out. Chaeyeon just laughed at us and I just joined her too.

"But seriously, Chaeyeon-unnie's moves might have some magic in it. It looks so easy, yet amazingly, stunningly, perfect!"

"That's got to be the last one, Nae," Chaeyeon chuckles as she responds.

"Oh I'm not done yet. Hyewon-unnie is super duper great at dancing and singing and basically just by existing—"

"That's enough Nae-chan!" Hyewon suddenly started chasing me. I looked through the mirror and saw her blushing.

"Hyewon-unnie is blushing! So cute ahehe," I continued as I ran away from her. Chaeyeon just watched us as we run around the studio.

"Oh~ Nae-chan keep it up!" Chaeyeon urged me to keep my bullet train of compliments.

"I can say a million reasons why you guys are worth everything!" I dashed faster with my remaining strength as I throw my last pitch. Hyewon stopped chasing me and I just fell down on the floor out of breath.

"How can you look at me like that Hyewon-unnie?" I asked as I glanced at her to find out she's looking at me with a judging look. Chaeyeon just laughed again after everything that has happened.

Now, they're in front of my house again, but this time, the gastronomic adventure and dance lesson are done.

"Yah, for you," Hyewon handed out a medium-sized box with the logo of the café we visited earlier.

I took the box. "Thank you," I muttered as I stare at it for a while. I suddenly felt a weight over my head. I looked up and Hyewon ruffled my hair.

"Eat and get recharged."

"Nae-chan, hwaiting!" Chaeyeon pumped one of her fists up.

"Thank you Unnies. Hwaiting too!"

I watched them drive away from my apartment complex. After making sure they were gone, I went inside my unit and immediately resumed working on my project, eating the muffins and other pastries inside the box they gave me to keep me recharged throughout the night.

~*~

The next day, someone rung a doorbell again.

That soon?

I rushed towards the door and opened it excitingly.

"Good morning... Nae-san," a guy greeted as he reads my name on an envelope he's holding.

"Yeah, it's me," I answered. I thought it was someone else... it was just a courier guy.

"Here, a package for you," he handed me the envelope he has been holding. He asked me to sign and I obliged, and then went on his way right after. I closed the door and walked back to my workspace again.

"A package? It's just an envelope. It might be a letter..." I opened the envelope and saw pictures of me.

"This was yesterday..." I looked through the pictures. Some where stolen shots while others were from our impromptu photoshoot.

"Nae-chan, take a picture of me."

"Oh, okay... like this?"

"Oh~ looking good."

"I just go with instinct Hyewon-unnie. Even with a blurred shot I bet you'll look good."

"Geez, stop it Nae. Take another one of me and Chae."

"Okay. Next Chaeyeon-unnie, your solo."

"Alright then, a b-boy pose!"

I chuckled while looking through the pictures as I reminisce what happened yesterday. They sent me the pictures... This is touching.

I took my phone and opened my Twitter. I started writing a tweet and immediately posted it.

Just a random thought. Instead of seeing them in a concert, I would like Hyewon-unnie to give me photography lessons and Chaeyeon-unnie give me dance lessons.

#hyewonmail #Dear_이채연

 

-----

Ha~ long time no update! I had to admit, I had a hard time thinking what the OC would do with Kangchaen. This is kinda short for me? But I'll definitely write more in the next chapters. 1 more pair to go and it's almost done!

Oh and... can I promote something here? HAHAHAHA I have a twitter @/10ni_48 so if you wanna interact, go ahead and don't be shy. I'm shy but I wanna make friends so... hehehe.

Edit: I added a short paragraph just before the ending because there was a comment in Wattpad (I also publish this and Better Days Ahead there) that asked if they were being followed or something because they thought they are. Just added some sentences to make the plot more clear and to clear any confusion. Hehe.

Thank you and till the next read!