KNOCK KNOCK 04

IZ*ONE AT YOUR DOORSTEP [HIATUS]

It's been 3 days since the Jinjoo Zoo Date. I still find the stolen picture hilarous as it was that day. I wanted to post it on my Instagram, but I didn't. I wanted to keep the funny story to myself, and also, they definitely wanted that time just for themselves. I don't want to ruin it.

I just finished organizing all my stuff. The boxes are gone and I finally have everything set. I had a two-story house just for myself. Oh how I love all these space just for me, but... I'm kinda missing them. Living alone in a faraway place, I can already feel the homesickness. Having the IZ*ONE members come though somehow raised up my spirits. Well, right now I'm bored and I'm out of things to do.

Ding-dong. Ding-dong.

Who is it?


Who might it be in the middle of the day? I lazily got up from the couch and walked my way to the door. I opened it and right there and then a huge duck mascot surprised me.

"N-nani!?" I shouted from the huge shock I just had. What the hell? A huge duck... a duck... oh no don't tell me- eh? There's...

"A hamster?" the hamster head that's peeping behind the duck mascot finally revealed itself whole. So it's them huh.

"Quack quack," the duck mascot made her signature sound.

"Good afternoon ducky," I answered. She seems to be greeting me.

"Squeak squeak," the hamster mascot greeted next.

"Uhh, hi to you too," the duck mascot then removed her headpiece and held it on her waist.

"Yo!" the girl slightly taller than me greeted me sporting her pouty lips.

"Hello!" next the hamster girl took her turn after taking the headpiece off.

"Naneun Jo Yuri."

"Naneun Choi Yena." The girl simultaeneously imitated each other. I laughed a bit.

"Annyeong guys," I finally said hello. "Oh, come inside," I gestured as I look into their ruffled hair from the bulky headpieces.

"Oh-" Choi Yena tried entering the house, but to no avail as it is not that wide. The duck's waist was just too bulky and looks hella heavy. Yuri tried to push Yena lightly, but it didn't work. She tried to push Yena inside again, harder. The bulky costume is getting squeezed inside, and I don't know but I felt like I heard a rubber ducky squishing repeatedly.

"Ah unnie!" Yuri shouted as she was finally able to push Yena inside my house, but the force was so strong she dived straight onto the floor and rolled over. Luckily I was able to step backwards and avoided being ran over by a giant duck.

"Uh," Yena grunted as she tried to sit up. I looked at her, her hair completely disheveled. She looked like she aged a couple of years.

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!" I finally laughed at her.

"Hey Nae, stop laughing!" she whined with her pouty lips. I looked at her and laughed again.

"Unnie, I'm sorry. Are you okay?" Yuri approached Yena as she entered the door easily.

"Y-yeah! Totally fine!" Yena stood straight immediately and faced worried Yuri.

"Yena-unnie, please remove that costume now."

~*~

"Nae-chan, how's the car?" Yena showed off her own car. What caught my attention upon seeing the car was the Yena JP Fanclub plushie wearing sunglasses. There were two small duck figurines on both side of the plushie, wearing sunglasses too.

"The duck plushie wearing the sunglasses is too quick to notice. HAHAHAHAHA," I snorted.

"Looks cool to me~" Yena shrugged my comment off.

"Unnie, let's just hop in and ride come on!" Yuri exclaimed. After checking out everything inside the car, we finally dashed off.

~*~

"Today, we're riding skateboards," Yena walked towards us carrying 2 skateboards with each of her arms while riding on her own. She stopped right in front of us, showing a cool pose.

"But I dunno how to ride..." I trailed off scratching the back of my head.

"Then why am I still here?" I looked at Yena who's flashing a confident smile.

"Just do it Nae-chan~" Yuri encouraged me and did the Cave Man trick, where she held the skateboard on its nose and dropped it vertically, landing on to it by jumping on it.

"Woah, how'd you do that?" I asked in surprise.

"Who else could have taught her?" Yena joined in with a smug smile on her face, her lips just got more pouty. She flipped the board beneath her feet and jumped on it.

"Well, I admit you've got some tricks up your sleeves huh," I bopped my head as I admit that she's good at skateboarding.

"Enough of me, let's see what you can do," Yena held out her hand as a sign that it's my turn.

I tried the trick that Yuri did, and I surprisingly got it on my first try. Yena taught me the basics on how to maneuver the board until I started playing around with Yuri. I didn't realize that Yena was gone until I heard a loud quacking sound. I looked into where the sound came from, and Yena came back riding the skateboard wearing a duck onesie.

"What are you up to again Yena-unnie?" I asked in disbelief. She stopped right in front of us.

"I know where we can spend the rest of the evening, let's roll it!" she exclaimed as she began speeding off with her skateboard.

"Let's go Nae-chan!" Yuri hopped on her board and started speeding off too. Since I got the hang of the board already, this is the right time to see if I did a great job learning how to ride this thing. I was quite satisfied with the outcome, as I dash off running into people walking casually as we continue to glide with the board on the street. A few minutes later we arrived at a karaoke place.

As we approached the reception area, the lady at the front desk looked at us- no, just Yena and her unusual get-up. Yena didn't notice it and just went on her way to get a room for us.

"Alright, let's do this!" Yena pumped her fist up as she opened the door and entered. She went to the control pad to start off.

"Ah~ Unnie! Let me pick the first song!" Yuri whined as she tries to take over the space where the control pad is.

"Okay okay Yuri. You know what to sing," she gave way to Yuri with a knowing look. Yuri just smiled and scrolled through the songs.

Little Glee Monster!

Yuri took the microphones and handed one to Yena. They went in front and faced me and started a mini concert. I just watched in awe as I can finally hear their voices live.

"Hora waratte Alright!
Sekai wa zutto
Anata ni kyou mo warai kakete iru
Ima kawatte iku Your Life
Mirai wa zutto
Sono te no naka de kagayaku hi wo matte iru

Woo Smile Together Smile Together Smile Together

Ima kawatte iku Your Sight
Kikkake wa kitto
Donna shunkan mo afureteru Smile For It!"

They ended it with harmonizing with each other. I clapped my hands in amazement.

"Now it's your turn!" Yena handed me the mic.

"Eh!?"

"Yah yah you should sing!" Yuri followed through Yena and they pushed me to the control pad.

"O-okay, easy..." I looked over the screen and typed a name they can totally relate with. I also love Anime that's why I decided to go for it.

When they saw what I was going to sing they gasped in surprise.

"It's not our song," Yena joked.

"Oh come on Unnie, I'm just starting!" I answered as I finally get ready to sing.

"Naite naite naite mogaite
Nando datte norikoete ikou
Naite naite naite mogaite
Mou... hitori janai kara!"

I smiled as I started to feel the music take over me.

"Yeah!" they both cheered with their tambourine and maracas. "Da ra da~ ohhh~" they sang the harmony together perfectly.

After my first round, I decided to play IZ*ONE songs. They were dancing together while I'm making minimal movements and singing along with them. Before we know it, our one-hour time limit is about to run out so I decided to end it with something very much familiar to the three of us.

As the booming bass finally started, we got ourselves ready and simultaneously sang.

"Swan, uahage~"

We danced through the song, with me doing all the steps that I could remember. The Chaeyena rap part came and they did the actual dance move together. I squeeled in excitement as I see them do it. The song continues and I was very engrossed with singing, that I never realized they were just listening to me.

As the of the song came, Yuri's high note, I sang it with all my heart.

"Ohhhh!" They exclaimed together. Then Yena immediately did the dance break, with Yuri joining her.

The song finally comes to an end, and we sang the last lines all together.

"Like Swan, Swan, Swan
Neowa hamkke~"

We clapped instantly after the song ended.

"Woah, you sang really well, Nae-chan!" Yuri praised me.

"Yeah! You surprised us!" Yena exclaimed with her pouty lips.

"Well... thank you..." I looked down as I was smiling sheepishly, blushing over the compliment.

~*~

"So, our day has ended huh," Yena says as she and Yuri walked me over to the doorstep.

"My home is open for you Unnies. I'm the only one here you know," I answered, giving them a warm smile.

"We enjoyed it. We should hang out together again," Yuri chimes in.

"Hm, if time permits. I enjoyed it more. I still can't believe this is happening to me."

"Oh you, of course it's real!" Yena reached over and pinched both of my cheeks, pouting her lips more as she pinches harder.

"Ah Unnie! Shap-- it!" I whined as I tried to take away her hands from my cheeks.

"Jaa! Now that I'm sure you realized this is real, it's time to go!" Yena immediately takes away her hands.

"Aww hmph. I'll make sure you never come back Unnie. Just you!" I said as I caress my cheeks that I'm sure is reddish in color because of the force Yena exerted.

Yena just laughed and Yuri slapped her shoulder lightly.

"Nae-chan, continue singing. You never know, it might bring you to places you never thought you'd be able to go to. You're so great at it. Don't hesitate, fight for it! Fighting!" Yuri held my shoulder firmly and pumped up her fist.

I gave her a warm smile. "I will, Yuri-unnie."

They finally hopped in their car and waved goodbye before finally speeding off.

I've thought about it a lot of times, but I know it's not for me.

 

-------------------

Whoo! Finally I got to post an update. I'm very sorry it took so long. It's actually half writer's block and the other half just me procastinating when I know I've finished all my pending schoolworks last week. I'm entering college this year!!! And it actually gives me anxiety more than excitement.

Now unto this latest chapter, I just thought a Karaoke night would be nice. And the songs I used in the chapter are sung by Little Glee Monster. The first one was the one that pair sung in a Buenos Aires guesting with LGM, "Sekai ha Anatani Waraikaketeiru" while the second one was the second ending theme of My Hero Academia, "Dakara Hitori ja nai." Their songs are so good I think I'll listen more to their songs.

I've been talking too much here already lol. I bet y'all know the last two pairings hehe. If you've got any comments or suggestions just feel free to give your inputs. And also, if you've got any advice for me for college HAHAHAHA I would also be glad to read it. Thank you and till the next read!