KNOCK KNOCK 03

IZ*ONE AT YOUR DOORSTEP [HIATUS]

I woke up from the cold breeze entering the window of my room. I smiled from the thought of meeting the two fairies yesterday. They gave me encouragement and lifted my mood. I immediately got off my bed and took a bath. I went to the living room bringing art materials for a project. I am busy with it when someone knocked on the door. After a knock another one followed. Who is it that keeps on knocking? Can't they wait?

"Who the-?!" I opened it hastily when I saw two person standing. I immediately saw a huge puppy wagging its tail-- no! She's Ahn Yujin, and she's with someone-- Kim Minjoo!

"Hey little one! Hurry up and let's go!" the big puppy Ahn Yujin grabbed my shoulders and turned me, pushing me inside the house.

"Eh?" What the heck?

"Miss, please get ready because we're going somewhere," Minjoo told me in a polite manner, but somehow it sounds like a command?

"Yujin-ah, let her go now!" she ordered the young girl.

I was forcefully pushed into my room. I had no choice but to change my clothes.

"Alright, where are we going?" I asked them as I went out of my room.

"Just wait and see," Yujin told me while clinging her arm around me.

"I'm older than you, big pup!" I exclaimed. I don't care if this is the first time seeing her. Well with this being the third time I'm meering members of IZ*ONE I think I need to get used to this. She removed her long arm hanging on my shoulder.

"What?"

"You look like..." gosh I know where this is gonna go.

"Don't say it," I looked at her with my eyes full of warning.

"... an elementary student," gosh I knew it.

"Hey, at least I..." I don't know what to say. Yujin just snickers at my failed attempt. I just sighed and let them drag me to where they want to go.

~*~

"A zoo?" I asked as I looked around. "How fitting for the two of you," I smirked as I look at the two of them. A big pup and a loud monkey, really, a little bit more and they'll have their own animal kingdom.

"Let's go unnie!" Yujin exclaimed and dragged me inside. She... called me unnie. I tried to maintain a poker face, my eyes widened. I just followed Yujin who wanders around like a kid who's very much amazed by the things she's seeing.

"You're just being polite because I'm paying!" I shouted as Yujin walks ahead of us.

"Yujinie is very energetic isn't she?" Minjoo appeared by my side.

"Yeah, she's like a giant golden retriever, full of energy," I replied as I smile a bit thinking of the shows I watched with them guesting in. She's growing up fine.

We also looked around, and some of the animals I saw are very new to me. I didn't know such animals exist.

"A fox! Woah~" I walked towards a huge enclosure that houses a Red Fox. I took my phone and took some pictures. I also took my time and lectured Yujin facts about the animals we're seeing. After a few more walks, we decided to rest for a bit and eat some snacks. We got ice cream and we sat on a bench.

"Wah, it's good!" Yujin exclaimed as she her ice cream.

"How nice, doing this and just having all the time to yourself," Minjoo rests her back by the bench.

"You've been practicing all the time, Minjoo-unnie. The last comeback proved all the efforts you've dedicated for this. It was all worth it. All of you slayed!" I said, smiling at the two of them. They all deserve to rest.

"Ah! Minjoo-unnie, let's get a balloon." Yujin ran towards a mascot. Minjoo and I followed, and Minjoo payed for it. I took my phone to take a picture. Minjoo got a blue balloon for the tall girl, but suddenly, a gust of wind blew, and Minjoo loosened her grip to the string the balloon is attached to. We looked up as we witness the balloon slowly flying away far in the sky.

"Ah! The balloon..." Minjoo shouted in disppointment.

"Minjoo ga tooo!!!" Yujin and I both shouted. We looked at each other for a second and bursted into laughter together.

"Yujin-ah I'm sorryyyy!" Minjoo clung her arm on Yujin. This girl never fails to entertain with her silly mistakes. Yujin jokingly flashed an annoyed disappointed expression, pouting her lips suppressing her anger. I scrolled through my gallery and found that I took a picture of Minjoo who just let go of the balloom, with Yujin's face looking up to see the balloon flying far above.

"Hey guys, I accidentally took a picture of that exact moment!" they went towards me and we all laughed at it.

~*~

"We're eating here??" I looked above and read a sign that says 'dog café.'

"Yes unnie. Wae?"

"Would you like to eat somewhere else?"

"Uhh... I love dogs but... I'm afraid of them," I lower my head down in embarrassment.

"Eh?" they responded in confusion.

"Well, as much as I would like to own a dog, and how I find it so cute, I'm afraid they'd bite," I explained.

"Now is the right time to get rid of that fear! Let's go unnie!" Yujin suddenly grabbed my wrist and dragged me inside.

"Eh!? Nani? W-wait!" I exclaimed as Minjoo joined in by holding me on both my shoulders pushing me lightly. When we finally entered, we were welcomed by the cute and loud barking of the dogs. There were customers playing with them and even eating with them. I looked through the place in awe.

"It's my first time," I said as I continuously observe all the dogs and the customers enjoying each others' company.

"Oh yeah sure it is HAHA," Minjoo responded in a matter-of-fact tone. She then led me to a vacant table while Yujin is taking her time to order.

"This is Yujin's lost home," I try to joke around to ease my nervousness for a while.

"Yeah, it feels good seeing all my long lost siblings right now," Yujin walks in and settled our order on the table.

"Oh right, what should we call you unnie?"

"Hm?"

"It's hard not saying your name in this AU, so just tell us something we can use you know."

"But it's not yet time. Hahahaha."

"Just a nickname? Come on~"

"Okay okay. Hmmm... Nae."

"Nae? It sounds like 'yes' in Korean," Yujin thinks.

"Oh yeah it is. But in my home it's pronounced as 'nay' meaning 'no' in English," I answered, munching on my second cookie.

As I took another cookie on a platter, I heard a bark near me. I followed where the small barking came from and found a shi tzu looking at me.

"Get her unnie," Yujin nonchalantly says.

"Yeah Nae-chan, try it," Minjoo encourages.

"But..." I hesitantly took the dog in my hands and carried her.

"It feels fine, right unnie?"

"Yeah..." I replied as I looked closely into the dog. "She's cute," my lips broke into a small smile.

The next thing I knew, I am already inside a play pen with lots of dogs surrounding the three of us. Yujin's been flocked by a lot of them. She's playing with a beagle when a huge golden retriever lunged at her and her in the face.

"Stop it HAHA. It tickles!" the dog doesn't stop doting on Yujin. Minjoo and I just looked at her getting along with the dogs.

"Minjoo-unnie, if ever I'd get a dog, what could be a cute name for it?" I asked as I play along with a cute beagle puppy.

"Hmm... Ahn Yu? Yu-chan? Jinnie? Jin?" Minjoo names everything she could get from Yujin's name. She's gotten herself too focused in thinking of the name when the huge golden retriever Yujin is playing with lunged at Minjoo.

"YUJINNN!"

"Okay. Yujin it is."

 

-------------------------

I'm saving the original character's name for something important. I'm just gonna go with a nickname hehe. Well, if any of you have comments or suggestions, just type in your thoughts on the comment section. Thank you and till the next read!