KNOCK KNOCK 02

IZ*ONE AT YOUR DOORSTEP [HIATUS]

I really can't believe what happened the other day... Jang Wonyoung and Yabuki Nako came into my house! That's just insane. I am currently reading a book when I heard a doorbell. Who could it be this time? I peeked through the hole and gasped in shock. I almost swore, it's Kim Chaewon! And... she's not alone, there's Honda Hitomi! What is this happening? First off, Wonyoung and Nako, now, these two? I opened the door and they introduced themselves.

"Konnichiwa! Honda--" she wasn't able to finish her introduction because I pinched her unconsciously.

"Wow... you're real... so... kawaiiiii!!! T^T" I exclaimed as I pinched her cheeks again. Wahhh

"Annyeong I'm Kim Chaewon," she greeted me with a sweet smile, not taking it off, as she grips on one of my wrists that's pinching Hitomi's cheek. She looks like she's gritting her teeth though. Haha. She's carrying books, while Hitomi is carrying a paper bag with... bread. I took my hands off Hitomi's cheeks.

"I'm sorry hehe..." grinning a bit at Chaewon. Tss. Tsundere.

"Ikou," ha? I blinked my eyes a couple of times.

"Where to?" I asked them.

"Just change and you'll find out~" Hitomi replied. Even though I'm a little confused, I immediately went to my room and wore something casual. I wore my usual style: a shirt, a short, and a pair of sandals. I finished it off with a sweater.

"I just wore something very simple. Is it plain?" I asked them.

"Nope. Totally fine," Hitomi answered with a smile. As much as I would like to wear different clothes and try on different styles, I usually go out just wearing those because I feel comfortable in them.

We went out and a Honda Civic 2020 came into view.

"You really love Honda don't you, Chaewon-unnie?" I teased as I check out the car.

"Tss, just hop in," Chaewon rolled her eyes and got into the driver's seat. Hitomi followed quietly, with her cheeks slightly blushing. After a few minutes we have already arrived to a park overseeing a river. We climed up a hill and settled down, our legs stretched out on the slope.

"Okay, let's eat~" Hitomi said. She got me a piece first. It was a bread that has custard cream filling inside.

"Ah~" she gestured for me to open my mouth because she's feeding me. I hesitated for a while but did it too. I hummed in satisfaction and closed my eyes in delight.

"Today you won't just eat, you'll study," Chaewon said it like a strict teacher with an 'intimidating stare' as she pulls out a workbook.

"Ehhhhh no jam no jam," I pouted in protest. I don't want to. I've been studying and studying and now that I've got free time still, studying?

"You're aiming for the highest honor, right?" Hitomi told me.

"Yes, but..." I trailed off. Yes I am aiming that. When I graduated high school, I failed to achieve the top, though I got to the honors list.

"Yes I wanted to, but... the laziness kicks in and my anxiety is fired up. I really hate making mistakes, and would always aim to get a perfect score. I'm afraid in making those and losing," Chaewon and Hitomi both put each of their hands on top of my shoulder, tightening their grips to assure me.

"So, all the more reason to do something with it right?" Hitomi asked.

"You're competitive right?" I nodded.

"You hate losing? Or being surpassed by others?" Chaewon followed up. I nodded again.

"Well, if you don't want to fall behind then you always have to catch up!" They both shouted and with their remaining arms balled their fists and posed 'fighting!' For this time I felt real encouragement, and I think I know why it feels so familiar. They both struggled, well all the members throughout their journey. They showed their very best in everything they do, trying to surpass not others but themselves, trying to break off from their shells and going beyond their limits, exploring their full potential. And it is proven by this right here. They were able to make it and they're one of the rising girl groups of this generation. I should do the same. If I want to do something, aiming for it, then I must put in a lot of effort and break my own boundaries. I need to defeat my old self and discover a new version of me.

"Now, you need to answer some questions," Chaewon told me as she flipped some pages from the book. I grabbed a pencil, and stared at the questions.

"Wait... these are high school level questions! I'm a college student already!" Chaewon looked shocked. Hitomi is squinting her eyes at the short-haired girl.

"W-well, she looked like younger and she's younger than Nako-"

"It's just a few months of a gap, pabo. I thought we studied her profile and all!!!" I heard Hitomi scolding Chaewon in a whisper. I just stared at them as Chaewon is trying to defend herself. She looks like a puppy being scolded haha. I just started answering it really fast.

"Unnies!" They both looked at me and I handed the book over to Hitomi.

"Here~ a piece of reward," Chaewon handed me a bread. She still looks shaken by the small mistake. Looks like Hitomi is really strict huh. I took it with a smile.

"Perfect!" Hitomi exclaimed as she finished checking my answers. She gave me a thumbs up.

"See? You can do it!" Chaewon told me with a wide grin on her face.

"Of course, those questions were so easy~ heh," I answered them with a smug expression on my face, but deep inside I wish I can also get this kind of encouragement from others who I really want to hear it from.

"Well thank you for taking me here and lifting my hopes up," I smiled at them genuinely.

We watched the beautiful sunset end, looking forward for the next day with hopes of doing better.

I looked at them unknowingly and...

Oh come on, why are you guys snuggling at each other? This is T^T

I'll just eat all these bread before Hitomi notices...

"Yah!!!"

"Ah! Unnie-- πŸ₯Ί
, Chaewon-unnie--"

"Language 😬," oh wow πŸ™„πŸ˜‚

Imma try n' get away.

"You two look good together you guys should--"

"SHH!!!"

🀣

Β 

-----------------------------

I wonder if this is okay? I hope this chapter is fine... sighs. Oh, I added some emojis in the end. I dunno if it works for everyone but I hope it does.

Well, I already got a cover inage for the story! Did it with a free trial lol. Also, recently thought about it but if ever I've got some free time to spare I might add on some chapter images (take note of the words 'free time' HAHA).Β For comments and suggestions don't hesitate to type in your thoughts!

Thank you and till the next read~